OpieRadio Logo
Anthony Cumia Show Logo
Jim Norton Logo
  1. ANNOUNCEMENT: Major boost to web-site performance!

Read about it here! Also, please consider donating to the server costs in the Special July 2014 goal.

Especially you, Guest. I've been told you weren't sure how you could donate.

Could Wi-Fi Violate The Americans With Disabilities Act?

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by LiddyRules, May 25, 2008.

1. LiddyRules

LiddyRules Mr. Sarcasm is The Answer to Everything Donator

And if so, can it be banned in public buildings?

http://kob.com/article/stories/S451152.shtml?cat=517

2. jackjack

jackjack Registered User

It should be pretty easy to test whether these people have any ability to sense high frequency RF. If they can, we should assume they are space aliens and dissect them.
  3. Ball of Hate

Ball of Hate Am I?

Exactly. Walk it off, dick.
  4. Ballbuster1

Ballbuster1 Super Moderator Wackbag Staff

Ugghhh....this shit is just pathetic.
  5. BCH

BCH Doesn't need your acknowledgement on Twitter Wackbag Staff

I'll bet a thousand dollars, if you put these people in a totally isolated room and turned a wireless router on and off without their knowledge, they wouldn't be able to tell you when it's on or off. They should test these people.

Wait, it's already been done.

6. weakside

weakside He was stupid. I was lucky. I will visit him soon.

If it was just one person I would chalk it up to him being a random nut who may actually believe he's allergic to a Wi-Fi signal. But the fact that there is an entire group slinging this B.S. makes me curious about what is really going on there. Are they looking for money? Trying to avoid work?
  7. ginaf20697

ginaf20697 Well-Known Member Donator

If they'd take off their tin foil hat it wouldn't be nearly as much of a problem.
  8. gleet

gleet What's black and white and red all over? Donator

Years ago when I listened to Rush, he played a commercial for restless leg syndrome and laughed at it. He'd never heard of it. He had a dozen callers suffering from it within minutes. You can find a group of people suffering from anything if you ask for it.

I say these people need to be eliminated before they breed. If there is ever wifi here, I don't want some whiner shutting it down.
  9. RoscoePColtrane

RoscoePColtrane Registered User

For Gods sake, some people just aren't happy unless they have something to bitch about or some way to make other people miserable with. Fuck them and their senistivities. Next person who complains about this should be raked across the teeth with a baseball bat!
  10. weeniewawa

weeniewawa I'm just a big dummy Donator

Twitter:
    weeniewawa
    they are violating my civil rights, with their wheel chair ramps and brail bumps and seeing eye dogs, special parking places and all. ;)
  11. d0uche_n0zzle

d0uche_n0zzle **Negative_Creep** Donator

And driving like stoopid cunts with the parking permit obstructing their view.

They should be dragged from their vehicles and set on fire as a warning to others...
  12. Jambi

Jambi Infidel Donator

Relocate the shitdicks to Green Bank, WV. It's a radio quiet zone, and these stinking hippies can live out the rest of their days living like the fucking Amish.

Don't these fucking idiots realize how many radio waves there are?
  13. Sam_Adams

Sam_Adams Banned

It doesn't work that way. You don't get chest pains from radio waves like that. There are people that are TRULY allergic to microwave radiation (radio) that develop skin irritation and rashes.

There was a story a long while back from the UK about people with the condition wearing special clothing like coats and veils that blocked out radio waves like WiFi so they wouldn't have an allergic reaction from walking outside.

These radio waves are not healthy for any human being. We are being showered by all bands of microwave radiation and in the next ten or so years there could possibly be higher rates of cancer in the population from their 24 hour exposure from these waves.

There are enough things out there flying around in our sky that penetrate your body and destroy your DNA strands. And when those cells can't kill themselves and be absorbed by the body like normal when a free radical causes damage, then you will form a mutated cell that will grow into cancer and spread through your body.

I HATE cell phones and I try to use my as little as possible. Even when I'm at home I will just put it on speaker phone so I don't have it next to my skull in order to reduce my chances of forming either a benign or malignant tumor.

But honestly, you do feel better when you leave areas that are saturated with radio waves. You feel more energized and you can sleep better because your body is under less stress. That's why it's fantastic to go to areas in the mountains or the middle of nowhere to recharge a couple of times a month.
  14. Debbie1125

Debbie1125 Registered User

I'm allergic and hypersensitive to people who bitch about stupid things, like these electro-sensitives. Can I get a disability based on that?
  15. DonTheTrucker

DonTheTrucker I talk on the radio. No, really, I do.

Watch the Penn and Teller Bullshit episode about the ADA. You'll understand what this is all about. Some lawyer found a way to make a payday, that's all. Wi Fi is going nowhere.
  16. THE FEZ MAN

THE FEZ MAN as a matter of fact i dont have 5$

if these fuck tards really were allergic to hi freq stuff then they would never be able to go out side during the day, there is more high freq coming from the sun than any router or cell phone, fuck them make them walk around in Faraday cages with tinfoil hats on fuck them
  17. RoscoePColtrane

RoscoePColtrane Registered User

[​IMG]
    New protective suit for these retards.
  18. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Hey Asshole Face!

i'm allergic to pollen, guess we'll have form a commitee to get rid of plant life.....DOWN WITH THE TREES!!!
  19. Jef Leppard

Jef Leppard 4/5 ths

im allergic to Uranus, therefore i demand all anuses be removed
  20. Sam_Adams

Sam_Adams Banned

Is that supposed to be some sort of code message?
    [​IMG]
  21. Hudson

Hudson Supreme Champion!!!!! Donator

do any of them own microwaves?
  22. THE FEZ MAN

THE FEZ MAN as a matter of fact i dont have 5$

i doubt it, the hard core technophobia crowd wont even have a TV in there house, my boss is one, he refuses to allow a computer in the shop. he gets pissed when the insurance adjusters bring them in to write estimates, and refuses to use the touch screen at WAWA
  23. NoSurviivors

NoSurviivors Barley Legal .

I heard in the evening 'news' (sic) that there ware studies relating cell phone usage in pregnant mothers to kids with ADD. Or small children using phones.. or eating corn flakes...

I really doubt that anyone is capable of asserting long term effects from some of these devices.

I really should have become a lawyer. I'd rip these hayseeds off with a smile.
  24. thelord68

thelord68 There's always time for lubricant

Microwave ovens, cordless phones, WiFi, medical equipement - all 2.4ghz (or 2400MHz). My first thought was that the guy maybe had a pacemaker. But no, he's just an asshat douchebag fucktard. Wifi operates at a much lower power level than many other devices on in the same frequency range - typically about 20mW (milliwatts). Even boosted ones usually top out under 100mW. Cordless phones run about 250mW.

Some common frequencies:

Analog Cellphone - 800MHz
    Digital Cellphone - 800MHz, 850MHz, 1800 MHz and 1900MHz (or 1.8 and 1.9GHz respectively)

Police, Fire, EMS, etc. uses frequencies in the 150+ MHz or 400+ MHz range, though many are switching over to 800MHz range as well.

GPS - 1200 - 1500MHz

Military S band - 1000 - 2400 MHz

XM radio - 2.33 - 2.34 GHz
  25. BullsLawDan

BullsLawDan She A Great Big Fat Person?

Nonsense. There could also be giant aliens that come down from the sky and eat us all. I have just as much proof of that as what you said.

Will they?

:icon_roll

It's called a placebo effect. Any calming or soothing effect has nothing to do with radio waves or the lack thereof.

And did you read the rest of the thread??? Like a few posts above yours where everything you say was shot down in flames?

:clap::clap::clap:

Science beats superstition and anecdote once again.