Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Party Rooster, Jul 13, 2011.
Walmart should counter sue the parents for failing to watch their kid.
Any asshole that lets a 13 year old kid handle a can of gas around
a gas grille is negligent.
Try being a fucking parent! I raised 2 kids and neither one hurt
himself doing dumb shit because we watched them like parents.
Darwin juuuuust missed. Im surprised they aren't suing the gasoline manufacturer for selling a flammable liquid.
And this, in a big big way.
What a fucking shithead. I want to know about this neighbor who apparently died running over?
I want to believe that this case will get thrown out but I have zero confidence in any rational outcome. It'll probably be settled out of court with the family getting a settlement they don't deserve.
i have NO sympathy
Someone should finish the job.
I don't think I've ever owned a can with such a flame arrestor, and I haven't been blown up yet.
How morbidly obese was the neighbor who collapsed on his run to help?
Why isn't the family guilty of buying a can without a potentially life saving device that they knew existed on other cans?
Blitz has to warn people that gasoline is flammable?
No it's not you fucking dipshits.
The family should sue god for giving the kid 2 arms and and the strength to lift a gas can!
Today's comic from Something Positive
The family should set themselves on fire so he feels like less of an outcast
"My sperm is highlander juice." Awesome.
It does have a safety device. It's called "empty".
You gotta be shitting me! Somebody kill this family
The son tried but they weren't standing close enough.
This would have never happened if containers didn't have bottoms.
Devan VanBrunt is shown recovering from the explosion
Shoulda been Devan VanBurnt, amirite?
1. They knew other cans had safeties on them, and bought the cheap one? Way to go, assholes.
2. Is the family of the dead kid suing the family of the burn victim?
I'm sure Walmart will settle. I'd like to see them finally stand up against this shit and counter sue for court costs.
Don't gas cans have those new spigots where you have to push down on something before it pours now... which is a pain in the ass especially if you have to fill something small up like a weed whacker.
Yes, some do. In fact, I don't think we can get the regular type anymore here in California (I sure haven't seen any in the stores, but I don't spend a lot of time shopping around for gas cans). They're fucking annoying for most uses, and probably a result of a stupid lawsuit like this one.
I've got some cans I brought with me from Florida that are open-necked. The locking ones are supposed to be smog proof since it seals the vapor in between pouring, but it is quite annoying. For the most part on my small 2 stroke engines I've switched to the canned fuel without all the additive crap because the ethanol in pump gas tears up those little engines.
All the ones I have seen in ME/MA/NH were the locking spigot design... and note out of the 5 or 6 I have bought over the past say 5 years I have broken 3 spouts... feh.
I went to all electric about 15 years ago for my lawn stuff, still got the same B&D mower from the mid 90's. Got tired of all the mess with gas and oil. Haven't had to shop for a gas can since.
The whole family should be gassed.
I had 1 gas weed trimmer. Mixing 2 stroke gas was a pain.
Went electric for a mower too for many years. Loved it.
Only went to gas for the mower again when I moved.
Too much grass so I bought a tractor and always have gas
around the house. I just taught my kids not to touch it.
They don't stand a chance with Wal-Mart involved
Then how do they BBQ?
I got a 2 gallon new gas can to haul around int he pickup and it has the fancy spout. It lets out no vapor and usually looks like a red basketball rolling around back there. It must be 30 psi.
I always understood that Wal-mart never settles. Take all cases to court, No easy slip and fall money.
I can pretty much guarantee they didn't know this until the lawyer followed the ambulance to the hospital and told them.
Fair enough. Ignorance is no excuse, though.
Then it's a stupid argument to put forth. I guess they've never bought a bottle of 151 either.
He was a fan of toasters apparently...
using a pistol to shoot a hole thru your wall to run cable inside while your wife is on the other side instead of a drill is a very common practice
I remember that thread. He got new cable, and got rid of his old wife.
I am the Mom of the young man who died that day. He was way more than just a fan of toasters. He bought a house on his own at 19, he was loving, funny and smart and I miss him so much. We were with our son when he died that night, the horrors of it still linger for me and probably always will. The Autopsy came back with nothing, of course that never gets printed. We were told he was perfectly healthy, no reason for him to have died that day. If we had done just one thing different that day he would most likely still be here.
As far as the stupid lawsuit, we do not support it and are not having anything to do with it. I so do not agree with it and it really pisses me off. We were contacted and asked to testify to what we had seen that day and I was so upset that I don`t even remember all the things that I told that lawyer. I think it`s a slap in the face by them. I just think instead of trying to get money they should count their blessings each day, I would give up everything to have my son back, they have their son and he is fine and so lets try to make a buck.
By the way, I taught my kids not to throw gas anything. I would have never sent my 12 year old son out to light a grill. I would just like to know for them, what has been learned? They use the same grill and many times while over at my sons house doing yardwork I see a gas can by the grill.
I know this is a older post but I just found it this morning while I googled my sons name so thank you for listening.
Well, no shit?
Stopped clogging his arteries so maybe he could save a dumb kid without dying (oh yeah nothing came up on the autopsy). But your son did the right thing Madame.
I love people that dig up the site on the google.
WTF? That's not what I quoted.
This will (probably) not end well.
Wish some people didn't know how to use the Google.
In most cases....nothing good can come of googling someone's name that you care about.
Well...um...uh....this is awkward.
Obviously this is the internet, so I don't know if you really are who you say you are. But, it sounds like you're son was just trying to help and therefore just being a good person. So, you raised him well. I've got a 3 year old daughter and I couldn't even imagine losing her. So....I can really empathize with you. I'm very sorry to hear about your loss.
Sorry for your loss, misses lady person, but c'mon... is it really a big mystery? Your kid was a great, big fat person. He died because his overburdened gravy pump seized up when he got all excited about the whole human torch commotion and he tried to sprint across the yard like he was an athlete and not a flabby disaster.
If the gas grill hijinx hadn't done the job, then his ticker probably would've blown out the next time he jerked off.
It wasn't the flame-broiled kid that killed your kid... it was the flame-broiled Whoppers. You should sue Burger King.
Are you sure tubby was running to save the dummy or did he think "fire + barbecue = more aorta-cligging goodies"?
Methinks he ran to the scene thinking, "Yum yum. Eeeeeat em up!!"