OpieRadio Logo
Anthony Cumia Show Logo
Jim Norton Logo
  1. ANNOUNCEMENT: Major boost to web-site performance!

Read about it here! Also, please consider donating to the server costs in the Special July 2014 goal.

Especially you, Guest. I've been told you weren't sure how you could donate.

Fuck You Emergency Alert System!!

Discussion in 'What the F??!?' started by chiapeteater, Jun 4, 2010.

1. chiapeteater

chiapeteater ¡¡¡¡sıʞunɹɹɹɹɹɹɹℲ Donator

So far today, my television viewing has been constantly getting interrupted by the National Weather Service for thunderstorm warnings. The warnings aren't even for my area or anywhere near me. The nearest county to me that is mentioned is over 75 miles away. Two of the warnings were for counties in another state.

The buzzing and beeping is driving me up the fucking wall. The computerized voice sucks and they couldn't have anymore static in the background if they purposely dubbed it in. You can barely understand what is being "said" by that computerized voice. How hard would it be to get a person to actually talk into a microphone to announce what is going on.

And who really needs these alerts anyways? If I want to know what is going on with the weather I log onto the weather channels web site or go to the wunderground.com site for my area. I don't need some obsolete weatherman telling me the forecast anymore.

Fucking positively annoying unnecessary bullshit!
  2. The Godfather

The Godfather Spark it up for The Godfather and say!!!!!

[​IMG]

LOL from Modern Warfare 2 (Swimwalk!)
  3. Absolutely

Absolutely Self-Heavy Donator

Good points on all...
    There's nothing worse than watching a show on the basic channels, and it's continuously interrupted by some asshat with the "Dopler 4500!". And they're all apologetic too, they know they're asshats, "Sorry to interrupt again, and we promise we'll only be breaking in for emergencies"

Or when they leave the gigantic weather tracker in the corner for 2-3 hours getting in the way of everything. I don't need to know if there' "Severe Thunderstorms" 90 miles to the south of me. You know what you do during a Sever Thunderstorm, you sit there... like you would if it were 70 and Sunny.

The only people that tune into the local news during weather related news are people over the age of 75, and you know what screw them... They're probably too old to make it to a basement anyway.
  4. chiapeteater

Oh for joy. Here we go again. More warnings on my tv for an area not anywhere near me, yet when we did have thunderstorms roll through here last night, not a fucking word from them. I hope they decide to keep dubbing in even more static to their stupid announcement. Fuck them.
  5. AND......YUCK

AND......YUCK Lingering since August '07

Nothing worse than the weekly required tests at around 130-2am. Everytime, I nearly shit my pants cause it comes out of nowhere.
  6. chiapeteater

This is getting to be ridiculous. Now they are giving alerts for West Virginia on my system and I live near Cleveland. And each time an alert comes on, it kills the audio to the cable cox when it is over. I have to turn off the power and then turn it back on after each fucking alert.
  7. notmikeh

notmikeh don't get any cucks on your wee

my area got hit with a small tornado.
  8. chiapeteater

I see you're in Mass. I bet I heard about your fucking tornado on the alert! Maybe I should just post my phone number and let everyone call me and I will tell them whether or not there is a weather alert in their area! FUCK!:icon_evil
  9. Party Rooster

Party Rooster Unleash The Beast Donator

I visited friends in Dallas last summer during storm season and holy fuck you're right. And it seemed like they were on every channel and some of the warnings were for counties in Oklahoma. Glad I live in Cali where we just get the occassional out of nowhere earthquake with no warning and then go about our business.
  10. chiapeteater

Yeah, but the constant breaking news of a high speed chase has to be getting old by now too. Oh, and those pesky wildfires also.;)

Personally, I think there should be a way to turn that annoying crap off as an option in your cable boxes or sat. dish settings.
  11. Motor Head

Motor Head HIGHWAY TRASH REMOVAL

They broadcast Oklahoma tornado warnings in Texas so the locals can cheer for the tornado. We do the same when those fucko's in Iowa are running for their lives!!!! Die cornfield trash DIE!!!
  12. Miranger

Miranger Registered User

How can you be upset at a WARNING that will WARN you if a hurricane is coming and your TV hasn't flown away.
    I would personally watch the Emergency Broadcast Channel all day if i could find it on my channel guide.