OpieRadio Logo
Anthony Cumia Show Logo
Jim Norton Logo
  1. ANNOUNCEMENT: Major boost to web-site performance!

Read about it here! Also, please consider donating to the server costs in the Special July 2014 goal.

Especially you, Guest. I've been told you weren't sure how you could donate.

Future Sirius Hardware

Discussion in 'Other XM/Sirius Channels' started by PatriceRules, Apr 9, 2011.

1. PatriceRules

PatriceRules Registered User

What is the future of Sirius/XM's radios? They got rid of all their Sirius radios on their website and everything seems to be XM based radios.

I remember reading something a while back about them coming out with "Sirius 2.0" radios that were going to contain some sort of DVR.

I still use the Sportster. I actually do like it but the interface is very old school and its features seem very old school now with the advancement of smartphones and other mp3 players....

Anyone got any news on this?
  2. ruckstande

ruckstande Posts mostly from the shitter. Donator

So Sirius 2.0 is actually XM 1.0? Weird how XM even after folding is still better.
  3. whiskeyguy

whiskeyguy PR representative for Drunk Whiskeyguy. Donator

I heard bits and pieces of the rumors. A DVR and a small battery in a unit like the Sportster 5 (which is what I use) would be bad ass. It can already record something like two hours, but it can't be scheduled and if you remove the unit from the dock (like to carry from your house to the car) everything recorded to that point is erased. Also I would like it if the Android app had the ability to pause and resume.
  4. deadfruitvirus

deadfruitvirus One character short :(

XM Fan found a chart that basically says Sirius 1.0 radios will no longer be activated come the summer of 2012.
  5. OAarchive

OAarchive Banned

I talked to one of the guys in R&D down in Florida a few months ago and he was telling me that they were working on a Pandora like service for future radios.
  6. metallikat87

metallikat87 Registered User

i cancelled my sirius sub today because my 4th radio took a shit
    they offered me a free pos but i would never catch ona if i dont have the replay ability, so i told them to put it up their ass
    i guess i'll try audible or something else