1. This week, there will be some additional/extended maintenance to best prepare the server for whatever news comes from the Opie & Anthony Show.

In the meantime, please considering this petition:
    https://www.change.org/en-GB/petitions/siriusxm-satellite-radio-reinstate-anthony-cumia

General Fantasy Football Chit Chat

Discussion in 'Fantasy Leagues' started by Absolutely, Sep 13, 2011.

1. Absolutely

Absolutely Self-Heavy Donator

Feel free to move to "Fantasy Leagues", but it's not a league... And that Sub gets no views.

I'm in 2 leagues for Monies. One a total points, one a H2H. Somehow in my whole life I've never played a H2H and I already hate it.
    I "lost" by 6 points, more on that later, HOWEVER I would have beat all other 10 teams badly. I just got unlucky to play the guy who happened to crush the week better than me...

So I'm 0-1 while someone is 1-0 who beat a dude who literally had 1/5 the points I did.

So my "lose"...
    I'm not getting credit on ESPN for a NYJ Defensive TD when they blocked the Punt, and returned it for a TD.

And wouldn't you know, if I get that 6 points, it works out to a Tie this week. Which I'd take...
    I've looked at it 20 times and I don't get why there's no TD.
    It's a league I did online through Leaguesafe.com, so there's really nobody to ask about it. Oh well

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And let me be the first to say "God Damn Mark Ingram, live up to your hype". Fucking Saints, you never know who is going to get the points on a week to week basis.

Pros
    McFadden looks legit, hopefully he plays at least 14 games.
    No real injuries on either team, though Nicks and Dez Bryant had scares.

Cons
    Josh Freeman kind of sucks. Last to take a QB, and the other asshole with no QB stole Stafford 1 pick ahead of me. Maybe Ryan Fitzpatrick on the WW
  2. Flash.Buy.Fuck

Flash.Buy.Fuck Regular Cave Baby Donator

Maybe they'll correct it. If not, you should let them know since it is a money league.
  3. Absolutely

Well even when I add up the points according to the "Settings" it doesn't come out right either. So maybe I'm missing something.
    I keep getting like 14 Points before even adding in the missing TD.

All that could have been negated if I started Sproles in that league. 1 PPR... He was a monster with that the return yards, TD.
    But how was I to know. Of course this week I'll start him and he'll suck, because that what Saints do, they tease you.
  4. luckie1710

luckie1710 Registered User

Hey Absolutely. Sometimes sites re do their stats. I know we had a problem with the defensive scoring after the Packer / Saint game the other day. By saturday the scoring was cleared up. If the stats don't change. ESPN has an 800 number to call 1888 549 ESPN. If it was a free league. Id say fuck it. But since it's a money league, what do you have to lose - 15 - 20 minutes on the phone?

Oh and welcome to H2H. You named the worst part of H2H scoring. last year I was 2nd or 3rd in total points. But didn't make the playoffs.
  5. luckie1710

Oh and if iy makes you feel any better. Im up by 13.6 points going into the last game. Only player the other guy has is Janikowski. That prick ties the longest FG record. I wind up losing by .4 points.
  6. maz

maz TRueWDTer Donator

Good job on the new thread , Abs

:icon_mrgr
  7. Danesy

Danesy Cute but psycho, it all evens out.

If I didn't have Brady or Welker, I would have lost. Cause the guy I was playing had Janikowski as well.

My team is very reliant on N.E. I'm not sure if that's good or bad, we'll see. I do know that next week I'm forced to bench Stephen Jackson... I just hope he's not seriously hurt. Then I'm screwed at RB, my backup is Danny Woodhead.
  8. luckie1710

Is cadilac Available? Id try and pick him up. Id prefer him over Woodhead for this week.
  9. Danesy

Danesy Cute but psycho, it all evens out.

Nope. I just checked. The guy I played this week has him. Looks like it's going to be Woodhead this week. There's NO ONE available that's even remotely decent. Unless you consider Ricky Williams decent.

I also have Ronnie Brown, but I can see that the Iggles aren't going to use him as much as I thought they were.
  10. luckie1710

Any of these guys avail?

Sproles
    Ben Tate
    McGahee

A few sites are projected Woodhead to do fairly well next week. So he might not be that bad of an option.
  11. Fustercluck

Fustercluck Registered User

im hoping for some excitement from Sproles.
  12. Absolutely

I picked up Caddy Williams in one of my leagues where I have Mark Ingram and Ryan Matthews as my RB2 options.
    He looked really good... Watched the whole game. He also caught 6 passes, and had 10 targets, which I think might stay near that level with Danny A out, and not Jackson.

I might actually start him this week, though I'm leaning Matthews for some reason.

I think I have to start Sproles in my WR/RB Flex this week, and just hope for more of the same.

I really wanted Brady 1 league this year, I had a feeling he was going to be amazing, and he was game 1. He was gone, and I had to settle for Philly Rivers.
  13. Voss's Tumor

Voss's Tumor Banned

I was up over 80 pts going into last night, and I ended up winning by 5 pts. The guy had Brady, McFadden, and Brandon Marshall. I feel kind of bad for the dude, he was the third highest scorer in the league, and he lost 159 to 154 because he happened to be head-to-head against the second highest scorer in the league.

I'm looking at my match-up for this week, and it's my wife, and I'm going to dominate, but I've got some weird match-up decisions:

RBs (can play 2):
    Forte
    Felix Jones
    Sproles
    Moreno Knoshon
    LaDanien Tomlinson

WRs (3 play):
    Calvin Johnson
    Hines Ward
    Santonio Holmes
    Colston (which I need to drop)
    Malcolm Floyd (auto-draft... But is he worth keeping?)
    And Ted Ginn Jr. (Just a kick returner, but wow...)

QBs (1):
    Rogers
    Newton
    Fitzpatrick

I mostly picked up Fitzpatrick and Newton for trade equity to grab a dominate WR or RB later in the season. My major concern is the weirdness in the utilization of the super-stars I have. Tomlinson as the second RB? Ward and Holmes did shit in week 1, and Sproles... Who fucking known about NO at this point.

Thoughts?
  14. Absolutely

I'd go:

Forte, Jones

Calvin Johnson, Holmes, and I guess Hines
    Hines still had the ball coming his way a lot last weekend, but he is old and washed up. If you play KR/PR Yards I might start Ginn over Ward/Floyd, but he's not going to be involved any other way than Returns which sucks.
    And you'd have to believe he's not going to take one back for a TD this week just based on averages.

I mean you have to start Forte, Calvin, Holmes, and Rodgers right? You're not thinking of starting someone over Rodgers are you? GB is at Carolina, they're going to kill them.
  15. Voss's Tumor

Voss's Tumor Banned

Oh god no, Rodgers is my starter. How do you bench the Super Bowl MVP? Just plain stupid.

Forte and Calvin are constant starters. No question. My questions are over Felix Jones, Holmes, and Ward. My wire's got guys like Deion Branch, Devery Henderson, Eric Decker, Early Doucet, Doug Baldwin, and Jacoby Jones, so I've got some very interesting options. The wire is devoid of RBs, so what I've got is what I've got until someone wants to trade me for Fitzpatrick or Newton. (I'm keeping one for GB's bye weeks)

I'm just so fucking annoyed and the Sean Payton invention of multiple RB offenses... Normally the decision to play Tomlinson or Felix Jones wouldn't even be a question, but with time-splitting you have to analyze way too fucking much.
  16. Pigdango

Pigdango Piles of Revenge Donator

Team Defense is nothing but a source of aggravation and it truly makes no fucking sense at all. I'll give you an example. I've got the Giants Team Defense in my throwaway league that costs 15 bucks to get in. I played them this week against Sexy Rexy. They did ok, except for that part where stupid Eli Manning threw an Interception that was returned for a TD. Yeah - wait what the cunt? Yes, I got docked points for the Giants Defense giving up 7 points that they didn't fucking give up because they weren't even on the god damn fucking field. What, was the defense supposed to storm the fucking field when Eli threw the ball and try to tackle the Redskins guy before he scored? I'm kind of thinking that would have been a penalty.

I would never be in a serious league that used Team Defense. Those leagues are for novices and retards. To illustrate my point that only retards are in leagues like this, I just got an email from a guy who put his entire team up "On the Trade Block", and is in search of every position. Really, fag? You're going to fucking trade Ray Rice? Die.
  17. Absolutely

None of those WRs would really scare me besides Branch.
    Your RBs aren't bad... Though Moreno didn't look good last night running the ball.

I love Felix Jones, so I'd go with him. But Sproles is apparently going to be a decent weapon in the passing game, so if you're doing PPR he's a good option.

LT was good in the passing game as well, but I think I'd take Felix over him based on the fact that they both catch passes yet Felix can actually still run.
  18. Voss's Tumor

Voss's Tumor Banned

Felix gets winded by Q3, though. That's why we always had Marion Barber.

And what the fuck is wrong with LT? Why would you ever say he can't still run?
  19. luckie1710

Their early rankings for the week

Rogers - 2nd ranked QB for the week

Forte - 11th ranked RB
    Felix - 19th
    Moreno - 20th?
    LT - 40th

Johnson - 2nd ranked WR
    Holmes - 21st ranked wr
    Ward - 39th
    Ginn - 58th
  20. Absolutely

Yeah, I guess you're right... I never thought about that aspect really, it is kind of lame. I thought about doing one of those IDP leagues where you take actual Defenders, but I didn't.

I can see putting your whole team on the block as a way to say, "I'm willing to wheel and deal", but it's kind of stupid.

Right after our draft, I was upset I didn't get Matthew Stafford. And the guy who did get him was very willing to deal him.
    So I offered him

Phil Rivers and Ryan Matthews
    For
    Matthew Stafford and Rashard Mendenhall.

IMO not a terrible offer... I'm taking a big risk trading essentially a lock for top 5 QB in Rivers for someone who might be great, but might also play 3 games. And for that risk I get a #1RB, and he got depth and maybe a big play guy in Matthews.

Anyway, the dude counters with this

My: Rivers, McFadden, Dez Bryant, Ryan Matthews
    FOR
    His: Stafford, Mendenhall, Lance Moore

Trying to make a trade with some people isn't worth the effort.
  21. luckie1710

What site do you guys use? Some of the sites calculate the points against that way. I know we had that glitch in our system a few years ago.
  22. Absolutely

Hey Luckie, I've been meaning to ask you, do you work for ESPN?
  23. Pigdango

Pigdango Piles of Revenge Donator

CBSSports. I do two leagues - a serious one with Individual Defense and a just for fun one with some retards I work with.
  24. luckie1710

Holy crap. It's hard making deals the first week or two. Since people think Stafford or Newton will play this way for the entire season. Which isn't very likely
  25. luckie1710

NOOO. Fox.