OpieRadio Logo
Anthony Cumia Show Logo
Jim Norton Logo

PS3 Playstation Network Handle Thread

Discussion in 'Computer and Console Gaming' started by Barely Legal, Dec 28, 2006.

1. Barely Legal

Barely Legal Standing on his head It's My Birthday!

Twitter:
    Carkeez
    I did a little looksee around the board here and found only LZMF1's PSN Handle for the PS3. I know there's others out there, so let's create a new list for the PS3 WB'ers. Using the format of the other two Gamer tag threads, copy the entire PSN Handle list, paste it in a reply to this post, and add your Wackbag screen name and then your PSN Handle to the bottom of the list in the same way the others have in the 360 and Wii threads.

2. Shaggz

Shaggz Slaying Zombies since 11/11/08

Watch out, here come the Nintendo trolls.....
  3. jpc165

jpc165 Through the Fire and Flames

4. MrBogey

MrBogey En Taro Anthony Donator

Same name
  5. NightStalker3

NightStalker3 a complete moron that posts

They have a network?:hi2:
  6. Aero 1

Aero 1 Registered User

this will be a short thread. lol
  7. jsc315

jsc315 AnalCunt

How many people own a ps3. really. I think this is kind of pointless for now.
  8. Aaron Burrito

Aaron Burrito 2-14

I don't remember mine, I'll have to look it up.
  9. Barely Legal

Twitter:
    Carkeez
    Whew. Trying to keep up. :icon_wink

So far from what I've seen on the PSN, besides being able to send messages back and forth, when a friend is logged in you can check out what game he is playing (eg. Resistance, NHL 2K7, etc.) -- and if you have a bluetooth headset, you can voice chat back and forth. I just ordered a Jabra BT125 (BT 2.0) headset on Ebay today, so I'll be able to check this feature out in a week or so.

With the Christmas rush over, I've finally had a chance to play some extended sessions of Resistance: FOM the last few days -- really cool game. I also had a peek at the multiplayer, but I want to finish the single player Campaign before jumping into deathmatch hell.

I've also been playing a lot of the MotorStorm demo and been loving it, especially in 1st person view. The multiplayer for this game is going to be awesome when it's released this February.
  10. LZMF1

LZMF1 Semi-Eviscerated Donator

i pretty much skipped the offline game and went directly online at first in resistance and that was a bad idea. it's not like alot of games where you can just go straight online hold your own(at least not for me) i got my ass handed to me so badly it was revolting.
  11. MrBogey

I found out just about any bluetooth headset works. I tried R:FOM online last night. god damn was that tough. Most of the matches drop you into the shit with no chance if there's a firefight in that spot.

The team stuff seems like it could be great if you all have headsets and can coordinate. But the randomness with no communication is brutal on me. Though I'm getting pretty good with the hedgehogs. The FA grenade is nice but takes too long to go off. The Dragon flamethrower is tough to deal with when it can catch you on fire. The Auger is hands down my favorite. I just lay down coverfire from behind the wal then run out.
  12. LZMF1

i have yet to try out my BT headset with my PS3. i have set it up but i've never used it. i was wondering in games like NHL2K7 or Resistance can you use your BT headset? i'm too lazy to look at the instruction manuals plus the cleaning ladies are here and i don't feel like mussing up my freshly mopped floors.
  13. Barely Legal

Twitter:
    Carkeez
    Same experience for me, jumping online right away (Kills = 1, Deaths = 14). The main reason I believe I got killed so badly was because I didn't know what the strengths and weaknesses were in each of the weapons that were scattered around the multiplayer maps. The weapons were just names and I didn't know about their R3 or L1 functions. And that's why I want to finish the campaign first, so I can encounter these weapons, read the Intel, and use them before jumping back online.

And all the reviews I've read that praised the variety of the weapons in Resistance weren't shitting around. This game is all about the weapons! The Auger is also one of my favorites, but I try to save it for special occasions. Got hold of the Hailstorm last night, but ended up killing myself with all those ricochets flying everywhere. :icon_lol:
  14. LZMF1

being that i rarely ever read the manuals i just learned something from your post. thank you, sir.
  15. MrBogey

In Resistance you only get half the weapons the first go-round. You unlock the special weapons like the pistols, flamethrower, and such once you beat it.
  16. Barely Legal

Twitter:
    Carkeez
    Well, there's the incentive right there to finish the campaign sooner rather than later.
  17. Chlorofirm

Chlorofirm Registered User

My handle is Dan0368.

I finally opened my PS3 when I realized the ebay thing was a bust. I'm glad I did. Now I have a BD and a HD-DVD player, and if MotorStorm is as good as the demo than that is alone is almost worth it for the system. I freaking love offroad racing games. Resistance is a very cool game so far, only played a little bit. Going to finish up a few more 360 games before I really get into it.

I didn't have any problems setting my PS3 up or anything, either, like I'd read with other people.

I also watched Talledega Nights. Wasn't as bad as I thought it'd be. The knife scene is definitely the best. I went out and bought Tears of the Sun, Black Hawk Down, and Kingdom of Heaven on BD. I'm never watching a DVD again!
  18. Barely Legal

Twitter:
    Carkeez
    Handle update:
    Finally finished the single player campaign on Resistance the other night. The ending leaves a lot of unanswered questions and sets up for a sequel very nicely.

I also registered on the official www.myresistance.net website, which you can link your online Resistance account to -- and if you do so, you get instructions and the codes on how to unlock "The Cloven" skins to use online. Now, the only time I saw these Cloven characters were as scattered corpses, and usually either with audio of a looping Morse code or with a squawking walkie-talkie. There was also a moment in the game where a soldier asked me "Are those men in black with you?" and I had no idea what the fuck he was talking about. It shows signs of a conspiracy of some sort, but isn't really apparent. I'm now taking my time going through on the next difficulty level to catch any story details I might have missed.

Right now, the only really frustrating thing about the online game is that your stats don't update at all. It looks like an update is on the way as they mention this bug as soon as you log in. Any ribbons you collect do update though.
  19. KneeKnee

KneeKnee Trophy Whore.

No kiddin!!!You're from <insert place here>?
    Got mine yesterday.

Handle is: KneeKnee

I have no i dea how to work it yet. I have Resistance and Ultimate Alliance and am going looking for Ridge Racer later on.

This fucken thing RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  20. BCH

BCH Doesn't need your acknowledgement on Twitter Wackbag Staff

I'm coming over in the night to steal it :worm:

I'm sure I wont wake you or Paul. :action-sm
  21. KneeKnee

KneeKnee Trophy Whore.

No kiddin!!!You're from <insert place here>?

Trade you for the middle daughter?
  22. tar_baby

tar_baby Rush Limbaugh

mine is...oh wait..i didnt buy that piece of shit because there are NO good games out and the price will be dropping due to lack of sales

btw..if anyone wants one they have a back room full of them at gamestop around here
  23. Barely Legal

Twitter:
    Carkeez
    Like I said in a previous thread, console bashing is sooooooooo 2006.
  24. MrBogey

I beat it back in late November-early December and have gone back to rack up skill points and intel. Got only 4 or 5 pieces of intel I missed and have 58 skill points. Got the hang of all the weapons though. The arc charger seems lame but if you have a ton of enemies in a small area it's great to use along with the Dragon.
  25. tar_baby

tar_baby Rush Limbaugh

no its not...im gonna keep it alive

"ps3 sucks"...try that one on for size ya ps3 owners