TUF: Bisping vs Miller Thread

Discussion in 'UFC/MMA' started by UCJOE, Sep 16, 2011.

1. Fustercluck

Fustercluck Registered User

I've seen every Bisping fight since the ultimate fighter, everyone of those wins by decision in england, over and over again. I've seen a fair amount of Miller fights on youtube and hdnet etc.., Miller seems to have a pretty solid ground and submission against skilled asians. I am so tempted to bet the proverbial farm on Miller. Can anyone tell me how Miller is the underdog as far as the betting lines go? I am really tempted to make this a major life moment and bet a huge ( not financially crippling) amount of money on Miller. What the fuck am i missing.
  2. Fustercluck

I realize i totally contradicted myself with "proverbial farm", what i mean to say is my girl and i are tempted to bet our next few years worth of vacation money on this fight in hopes of a big down payment on a kickass New Zealand honeymoon. With the current odds of Miller being a sizable underdog would you wackbaggers agree that this is a reasonable gamble?
  3. Awful Me

Awful Me I do it.

If I could afford to bet a comma on miller, I would.
  4. Pearce

Pearce Registered User

I wouldn't bet on anybody. It's truly a 50/50 fight. It's a 5 rounder and Bisping's gas tank never runs out. Bisping is a good all around fighter. Good boxing, good wrestling, good ground and pound, good defensively on his back.

Mayhem, for all the great things about him, he typically doesn't win the biggest fights of his career. He can be wrestlefucked to a decision. He often gets taken down from throwing wild kicks. He absorbs more punishment than is necessary. He won't have fought for a year and 3 months heading into the fight, and his last opponent was old ass crippled Sakuraba.

Too close to call. I'm hoping Mayhem wins and I believe he has the tools to do it, but will he? I don't know.
  5. JMCC

JMCC Registered User

The problem is that sub could have really screw Akira's leg. Neace did the right think by letting go once he felt the tap. Akira is a punk for not being a man and admitting he tapped and the reason why some fighters (like Palhares) refuse to let go until the ref is practically shoving them out of the way. If Neace holds on to the leg even after he felt the tap, I bet you would have fans criticizing him for not being a good sport and letting go.

I wouldn't touch this fight to be honest. Its too close to call. Bisping has solid striking and Miller has good BJJ. I doubt the fight ends via KO/TKO. I see Bisping winning a boring decision, or Miller catching Bisping with a RNC. Another thing to consider is that Bisping has never seen a 5 round fight and if I recall from his other fights, Bisping tends to slow down by the 3rd.
  6. NeonTaster

NeonTaster ネオンテイスター Donator

Again, not defending Akira here, but there is a grey area between releasing at the first sign of a tap, and waiting until the ref physically pulls you away. You have to be sure that the fight is really over. Play to the whistle.
  7. UCJOE

UCJOE I have a lot of business with the Chinese

Bisping is a complete dick for someone 2-5 & should be 1-6
    I hope Mayhem destroys him
  8. nikoloslvy

nikoloslvy I wear my sunglasses at night...Anyone want fries?

last week that weird borat dude defiantly tapped.

bisping is a dick.i havent liked him since he tried to bully a fellow tuf contestant in the house.this season however hes been a complete gentleman. miller knowing bisping's nature is trying to push him.thats why both of those guys are there.the zany wacky mtv guy vs the english tough.i still remember when miller gave him shit in the hall after bispings tire prank.miller says good prank and bisping lowering his guard congratulates him on his team's wins to which miller responds" perhaps you should worry less about the pranks and more about fighting".i felt the same way bisping must've felt. wtf? i was being nice.

yes bispings fighter shouldn't have machine-gunned the corner and miller shouldn't have thrown water at bisping. now that bispings pushing back we find the usually loud in your face miller slinking and not saying much.again i dont like the guy but i find myself on his side so far.i really believe in the last episode bisping really was congratulating the opposition and when he got no response started acting goofy.miller isnt a dick but hes trying to provoke the dude and now that he has hes got nothing.
  9. Awful Me

Awful Me I do it.

Miller should have shirts made with

[​IMG]

on the front, and

[​IMG]

on the back.
  10. d0uche_n0zzle

d0uche_n0zzle **Negative_Creep** Donator

That midget sure can hit hard. Too bad he sullied his rep with his cunty rat ways.
  11. JMCC

JMCC Registered User

I don't remember Bisping this much of a douche the last time he was a coach. That stupid speech before he announced the match-ups was so ridiculous, especially when he mentioned the squirting, as if he didn't do the same to Johnson.

Diego is a beast, the problem for him is his cardio and if a fighter can make it out of the 1st alive, who knows.

Dodson is a jerk. I don't think he realizes it, but his cheating mentality is not helping Greg Jackson's camp get rid of that shady image they have. Jones, GSP, Florian, Huerta, Nate, Evans etc have all been accused of sort of cheating. To make things worse, Dodson is embracing it, as if its normal.
  12. NeonTaster

I think Bisping just decided to embrace the jerk role at some point this season. He's really being an over the top dick.

Another punk who doesn't give a shit about game plans. I have a feeling that anyone with a semi decent strategy could deal with him. He does hit hard, though.

Yeah, his dismissive attitude about being the rat and riding out this fight are annoying.
  13. Fustercluck

I hope Michael gets totally bisping'd by Miller in their fight.
  14. kramer0419

kramer0419 Registered User

I love how after Dodson won, Bisping kept going after Mayhem saying " congratulations you finally won one" as if he's not down 5-2. I really hope miller literally knocks Bispings jaw off
  15. UCJOE

UCJOE I have a lot of business with the Chinese

Exactly, my thoughts too
  16. BullsLawDan

BullsLawDan She A Great Big Fat Person?

I wish Bisping's parents had been killed in The War.
  17. Awful Me

Awful Me I do it.

TJ dominated Roland.....snore.

Semi's start next week.....yay

BW
    Dodson vs Bedford
    Dillashaw vs Pague

FW
    Brandao vs Caraway
    Corassani vs Bermudez
  18. kramer0419

I really hope Bedford destroys Dodson. I had that dumb mother fuckers face and cocky ass attitude.
  19. nikoloslvy

nikoloslvy I wear my sunglasses at night...Anyone want fries?

im really liking bisbing. akrias an that crazy brazilian are assclowns...good fighters though.
  20. Awful Me

Awful Me I do it.

I thought akira had him....i'm glad he didn't.
  21. NeonTaster

Bermudez has quite the jaw.
  22. JMCC

JMCC Registered User

Akira is such a fag, he tried to fake tap again, but this time it didn't work.

[​IMG]

Funny how the biggest loudmouth of the season, turned out to be such a bitch, so much for being from the "streets."

[​IMG]
  23. Papagolash

Papagolash 24.24.2.2194 [Incarcerated] Wackbag Staff

Fuck Akira, I'm so happy he lost. And yea I thought he tapped once or twice also.
  24. kramer0419

When he was in that front choke in
    This latest fight he looked like he tapped also. Maybe he's just got jerky hands
  25. d0uche_n0zzle

d0uche_n0zzle **Negative_Creep** Donator

Akira did try to 'fake' tap. Glad the choke was in deep and he didn't get away with it.