Wackbag MMA Thread (UFC)

Discussion in 'UFC/MMA' started by whoisisthis, Jan 3, 2006.

1. whoisisthis

whoisisthis hits switches

2. roche

roche i am lame Wackbag Staff

That is probally the best knock video I have seen. The music could be changed though.... Was that Blink 182 at the end?
  3. whoisisthis

Confirmed fight card for UFC 57 02/04/06

Chuck Liddell Vs. Randy Couture
    Frank Mir Vs. Marcio Cruz
    Renato Sobral Vs. Mike Van Arsdale
    Alessio Sakara Vs. Elvis Sinosic
    Brandon Vera Vs. Justin Eilers
    Paul Buentello Vs. Gilbert Aldana
    Jeff Monson Vs. Branden Lee Hinkle
    Nick Diaz Vs. Joe Riggs

and the fight card for Ultimate Fight Night on Spike TV- 01/16/06

Tim Sylvia Vs. Assuerio Silva
    Stephan Bonnar Vs. James Irvin
    Melvin Guillard Vs. Anthony Torres
    Spencer Fisher Vs. Aaron Riley
    Drew Fickett Vs. Josh Burkman
    Chris Leben Vs. Jorge Rivera
    Alex Karalexis Vs. Jason Von Flue
    Jonathan Goulet Vs. Duane Ludwig

shit, I'm almost more interested in seeing the televised fights...
  4. PEST BY TRADE

PEST BY TRADE Interweb poster

Your sig pic is a sweet knock out video too.
    Im looking forward to the natural ice rematch got to go with the iceman though.
  5. whoisisthis

6. askewcore

askewcore Why am I Mr. Sparkle?

UFC does a really good job of putting together pretty solid cards for their events. Diaz/Riggs should be a sweet fight. Ditto Vera/Eilers and Sobral/Van Arsdale. I like Buentello but I dont know anything about his opponent, and I dont know how good he really is because the competition in KotC is much weak then UFC. I'm glad to see Sinsoic coming back too. Also, is this Frank Mir's first fight back? He was hurt for a real long time wasnt he? My only beef with this card is the lack of Georges St. Pierre, but I think they're trying to build him up against one of the bigger names in his weight class before they try and have him fight Hughes again.
  7. PEST BY TRADE

PEST BY TRADE Interweb poster

8. Steam

Steam Registered User

I hope he is full strength. The guy was awesome back in the day. I love how he punked out Sims after Sims got DQd in their first fight (I still say Sims could have won that fight though).
  9. Steam

Steam Registered User

For some reason that is the fight I'm most looking forward to.
  10. whoisisthis

well it's a ways away still, and there's only two fights confrimed, but I'm stoked. I was hoping they'd set this one up:rockon"
    --------------------------------------------------------

http://www.ufc.tv/index.cfm?fa=event.ppvhome
    Franklin to Defend Title at UFC 58 Along with the Return of Penn

On March 4th, 2006, live from the Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las Vegas, Nevada, UFC will present UFC 58. Fresh off his impressive TKO victory over Evan Tanner in October of 2005, David “The Crow” Loiseau will get his first UFC title shot when he takes on UFC 185 pound champion, Rich “Ace” Franklin. This will be Franklin’s second title defense, his first defense came November of 2005, when he knocked out Nate Quarry in the first round.

UFC 58 will also showcase an epic welterweight battle that could also be a main event. BJ Penn will take on Georges St. Pierre to see who will fight for UFC‘s welterweight title. This will be BJ's first UFC fight since he defeated current welterweight champion Matt Hughes at UFC 46 in January of 2004. St. Pierre will bring the momentum of an undefeated 2005 year to hopefully get his rematch at Matt Hughes.

Here is the card thus far:
    - Rich Franklin Vs. David Loiseau
    - Georges St. Pierre Vs. BJ Penn
    ----------------------------------------------------------

man, as much as I think GSP is an evil machine, I can't count out Penn's super-jiu-jitsu. My money's on the chubby Hawaiian.
  11. Jim Beam

Jim Beam whiskey bent & hell bound

cant wait for Mir vs Arlovsky, eventually
  12. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

Yeah, I'm getting the tingles thinking about that one as well.

Truth be told, Tanner was *beating* "the crow" - until the old elbows started carving up Evan "the bleeders" face (the same way Franklin stopped him previously - not with elbows, but with the buildup of many straight punches to the face). Tanner just couldn't close-out the submit on the crow.

Franklin (who is amazing) has got to make sure Loiseau doesn't catch him with elbows. I've never seen Franklin get seriously cut up.

I gotta go with the animal schoolteacher.

Have they shown that match on regular tv yet?

Have they ever shown *that* match on Spike (or anywhere else on "free" tv)? I've never seen it. I've never see Hughes lose.

He better watch out for the Kimura.

There are some who have implied that St. Pierre was beating Hughes when he got the arm bar and had to tap out. Not true. He got one good kick in on Matt. The Mattster then took him down every time (gotta love those collegiate wrestlers from the midwest).

Thanks for the notify whoisisthis - I can't wait to see the results of these matches either.
  13. Papagolash

Papagolash 24.24.2.2194 [Incarcerated] Wackbag Staff

I got a HDTV and the channel INHD has so many UFC matches going on, I love it. That along with The Ultimate Fighter's gotten me into UFC. Liddell = god

I'd love to see Jason Mayhem Miller get some more weight, and kick some ass.
  14. roche

roche i am lame Wackbag Staff

It seems like they just play the same from 9 months ago one over and over.... That is my only complaint.
  15. whoisisthis

hopefully this works.. UFC 46 Penn vs. Hughes
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=32CQT3CD

::edit:: ok, it works
  16. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

Wow :icon_eek:

Thank you, whoisthis

That is friggin amazing.

I never thought I'd see Matt Hughes tapping out.

This guy Penn - he really dominated him. Rear naked choke? I never thought I'd see anybody putting that on Hughes.

So - if Matt never got the rematch (or did he?) - then who beat Penn to open up the welterweight title for Hughes to win back?

See - this is the problem with the Ultimate Fighter on Spike - there is far too much repitition shown - and they aren't filling in the gaps.

What's a great site to read that can fill in these gaps.

I really appreciate you linking up that match for download, whoisthis.

Now - do you have the Franklin-Quarry match? :icon_mrgr
  17. whoisisthis

noone. He left the UFC with the belt, due to some contract dispute, I believe.

I think that Hughes took that fight way too lightly, and his ground game has likely improved by leaps and bounds. But Penn has been pretty active too, beating Gracies and shit. That rematch is gonna be amazing, to say the least.

I can't find the whole thing, but here's the end
    http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7595855398915011338&q=franklin quarry
  18. FreeTheCricket

FreeTheCricket Registered User

Cleveland.. home of 0 championships since 1964
    UFC 51 (I think) was on INHD tonight, and I got to watch the Vitor Belfort/Tito Ortiz fight. While not the best fight I have seen, it was amazing to watch these 2 giants of the UFC world pound each other. Ortiz looked like he was losing early, but he managed to put Belfort in enough holds and land enough blows that he won by decision.
    It was a nice fight.
  19. askewcore

Hell yeah it is. Hughes is incredible, but he hasn't really been challenged much lately, except that one match when Trigg (I think) almost choked him out and then Matt dominated him. When you said BJ Penn has "Super jiu-jitsu" it was perfect, I cant wait for that rematch. Have they announced a date for it yet? If you, or anyone else already posted it, then I apologize for the dumb question in advance.
  20. whoisisthis

I haven't heard anything. If anything, I'm counting on Penn to beat GSP, just so we can see the rematch with Hughes.
  21. askewcore

Yeah, that match will probably be to see who gets their rematch first. I still think GSP is ready for Hughes again yet though. I'm definitly with you in wanting Penn to win. I like GSP though.
  22. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

“he left with the belt”. Obivously he had to leave it behind. But I get your point. No one beat him. So, you are saying that Penn has not lost any kind of match since then?

Which Rogan says a few times in that video you posted (thank you again)

Without a doubt. And that’s what makes a true champion. Someone with oodles of talent - who continues to work hard to improve.

Where? In one of the other rival leagues? (Which are what? Pride or something?)

I’m sure it chaps Hughes that he never got a chance to “clear his name”. Get his rematch.

Wow. Thanks for that. I had seen the knockout, but not the action leading up to it. I had heard from someone else that Franklin had bloodied up Quarry a lot up to that point. I can see how ravaged his face is there. Franklin is a dominating fighter. Who, in your opinion, can beat him?

Well, in fairness to Hughes - “twinkletoes” kicked him in the balls first - *thats* why Hughes went down. Then twinkie went in for the pummelling. I credit the ref for not ending it right there - and allowing Matt the opportunities to mount that chill-inducing incredible comeback. I mean - think about it. You’ve been kicked in the balls - your down on your back - and Triggs is just pounding away on you. Somehow - you survive that assault - then actually straighten yourself out - and pick the guy up - only to deliver the patented “slammo to the mat”. That my friend, is a true champion. Champion heart.

Me either dude.
  23. whoisisthis

since he left UFC, he's beat Rodrigo Gracie in Rumble on the Rock, and Renzo Gracie in K1. Both in Hawaii

and some other really good fighters. He beat Duane Ludwig, Machida, and I forget who else...
  24. whoisisthis

if you get HDNET, Wold Extreme Cagefighting starts tonight at 9:30 ET

http://www.wec.tv/
  25. Diceman Cometh

Diceman Cometh Veni, Vidi, Vici

How come no one here is talking about PRIDE? I used to love UFC until I got into PRIDE. Now I can hardly watch UFC...compared to PRIDE, its garbage. PRIDE has MUCH better fighters and an amazing heavyweight division.

The only 2 fights I'm looking forward to in UFC are Franklin vs. Crow and Liddell vs. Couture.