OpieRadio Logo
Anthony Cumia Show Logo
Jim Norton Logo
  1. ANNOUNCEMENT: Major boost to web-site performance!

Read about it here! Also, please consider donating to the server costs in the Special July 2014 goal.

Especially you, Guest. I've been told you weren't sure how you could donate.

Youtube open carry videos (guns)

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by ProflyerXM, Jun 17, 2012.

1. ProflyerXM

ProflyerXM Not an attention seeker

I recently found all the open carry videos on youtube. Here's a prime example:
    and this

I love guns, I carry my pistol (concealed) almost everywhere I go. These people just rub me the wrong way though. They're using guns just to be difficult and that pisses me off.

These people refuse to acknowledge that some people are uncomfortable by having guns around whether they are legal or not. They're just being obtuse intentionally.

What blows me away even more is the NUMBER of people making a point of open carrying just to get attention. This guy was practically giddy when he said "OH LOOK COPS!"

These guys are no better than the occupy wall street people demanding attention.

Maybe this is old to some of you but I just found it and it really pisses me off.
  2. UnOriginal

UnOriginal Companion Cube Lover Donator

On the last video, the 911 call probably went like "There's a gun wielding douchebag with an awful moustache, can we get an officer out here please?"
  3. The Godfather

The Godfather Spark it up for The Godfather and say!!!!!

I would actually like to open carry and be the nicest, most outgoing pleasant person ever.

Really make people really think i'm a good guy, and go in the complete 360 degree oposite direction as those assholes. You know, break down those "guns are evil" stereotypes.

I can only open carry in my house. The closest I can get to open carry in public is in my garage with the door open, and that's ONLY if no neighbors can see!
  4. BeerBelly

BeerBelly Banned

Anything within hands-reach is a weapon for me .

Yes be scared

Be very scared
  5. show_reference

show_reference ;) Donator

Walking up to the cop is just a dick move even without the holster showing. Yea its not against the law its just a common courtesy thing. The third video was a great representation of the issue, yea its legal but when the "public" perceives you as a problem cops are going to come asking. Is open carry worth it when you have to debate everyone how its your right wherever you go.
  6. whiskeyguy

whiskeyguy PR representative for Drunk Whiskeyguy. Donator

Where do you live? That's worse than California.

I just watched the first video, but both parties were annoying and just wanted to argue. I think the guy carrying was looking for a confrontation, but the fact that people feel entitled to remove someone of their rights simply because they're uncomfortable is worse. There's an easy fix... make it legal for every law-abiding gun owner to carry concealed throughout the US.
  7. OilyJillFart

OilyJillFart Well-Lubed Member Donator

I wonder if most of these assholes pushing the issue in public are anti-gun activists trying to stir shit.
  8. MayrMeninoCrash

MayrMeninoCrash Liberal Psycopath Donator

Before California struck down open carry last year, there was a series of news events highlighting these folks and their quest to be attention whores. I am all about RKBA, but you need to temper that attitude. No one ever became a Christian listening to the Fred Phelps gang, and you're not gonna win a lot of sympathy to your movement being a douche with a sidearm. Cool it down Dirty Harry and understand there's varying degrees of acceptance out there.
  9. chiapeteater

chiapeteater ¡¡¡¡sıʞunɹɹɹɹɹɹɹℲ Donator

Yes, you're a fucking ninja with an empty beer or liquor bottle, I'm sure.
  10. BeerBelly

BeerBelly Banned

spoken like a woman

yes I can tell what gender you are by your posts
  11. DonTheTrucker

DonTheTrucker I talk on the radio. No, really, I do.

If people have a problem with other people exercising their natural born right to open carry, that's their fucking problem. I don't care too much for people who videotape everything, but this is absolutely one of those issues that needs to be exposed every time it can be. The ex-cop in that first video being a prime example. He didn't even know the fucking law but he wanted to stick his fat snout in someone else's business.
  12. Buster H

Buster H Alt-F4 Wackbag Staff

I don't have a problem with open carry. I totally support it, but you gotta be calm and respectful when someone decides to be a tool and confront you.

I also support the recording and videoing it. The incident in Philly shows that when police go over the top, a recording is your best defense.
  13. THE FEZ MAN

THE FEZ MAN as a matter of fact i dont have 5$

There are several open carry ass hats in meda they are a pain in the ass for the police because media is full of libtards
  14. THE FEZ MAN

THE FEZ MAN as a matter of fact i dont have 5$

Oh and I hate the term libtard but swathmoron is too local of a referance
  15. MayrMeninoCrash

FYI even some of the most ardent 2A supporting states (Texas) do not allow open carry even with a permit.
  16. BeerBelly

BeerBelly Banned

who needs a permit?

they'll just track you , fuck all that shit
  17. Buster H

FYI if a state does allow it, then there is no reason to hassle someone that chooses to do so.
  18. MayrMeninoCrash

If I'm reading the law correctly Alabama doesn't allow open carry in public places and concealed carry is by permit only. The guy in video 1 was being a law breaking douche.
  19. BeerBelly

BeerBelly Banned

[video=youtube;R8_kWahZWJM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8_kWahZWJM&feature=related[/video]
  20. BeerBelly

BeerBelly Banned

great .

I fucked myself, now I gotta watch this movie
  21. Hudson

Hudson Supreme Champion!!!!! Donator

They have a rash of these every year in NE Pa. A group of people went into a Dickson City eatery carrying firearms ..the police showed up and confiscated the guns. ongoing law suit.

Ok, here is a question..in hindsight and reflection...do certain Christian groups push the limits more than others on this issue? I carry (catholic)..but I don't overtly push the issue like some of my coworkers who are Baptist. We have a Baptist college here, so a few of our employees are Baptist..and they are ALWAYS carrying, concealed as well..and I mean preachers and Doctoral professors.
  22. CougarHunter

CougarHunter Heavy and Bored

I look at open carry people just like I look at the people that wear "Cat in the Hat" hats. I shake my head and go about my business.
  23. whiskeyguy

whiskeyguy PR representative for Drunk Whiskeyguy. Donator

I absolutely agree with this. Exercise your rights, but when they're challenged present yourself as a logical and cool-headed human being... if you immediately turn to confrontation you make all gun owners look bad.

I open carry on federal land while I'm backpacking (pretty much the only time you can in California) and on some more popular trails I've been confronted by other hikers (pretty stupid thing to do if you think someone is carrying illegally). I always calmly explain to them that I'm well within my rights, and have made it a habit to carry a printout of the law and/or letter from law enforcement regarding that specific area stating the legality of open carry. I do this for two reasons... it's always good to educate people, and maybe it will save some ranger or other law enforcement officer from having to hear complaints from these people.

It's also kind of hilarious to watch people on the trail rush to hide their joints/pipes when I walk by them... I guess they assume I work for CAMP (Campaign Against Marijuana Planting) or something along those lines.
  24. Buster H

You are not reading the law correctly then. AL is an open carry state. So now what? Is he still a douche because he's doing something you disagree with? Keep your bullshit CA laws and we'll keep ours.

From the talk in the video, their law sounds roughly similar to PA. You can pretty much carry anywhere with a few exceptions (schools, courthouses etc). When it comes to private property, it can get tricky. If a business has a sign saying no guns/firearms then you are not allowed to carry there. If you are carrying in a place of business and are asked to leave, you must depart or you can be cited for criminal trespass.

There have been several cases here in pa where someone has been asked to leave by a manager and the person contacted the corporate HQ for clarification. One of these is Home Depot. HD's policy is to follow state laws Whenever someone gets aske to leave a home depot. That manager ends up getting a friendly letter from corporate. ;)
  25. countryblumpkin

countryblumpkin Registered User

never understood people feeling shocked that someone would be uncomfortable with a stranger beside them with a gun on his hip.

i would never open carry because i don't don't wanna weird out anybody who sees me as a strange guy with a gun and if you're somewhere where criminals are casing the place,open carry=you get shot first