Zack Snyder's Man of Steel - 6 14 2013

Discussion in 'Movies & TV' started by kloraferm, Feb 9, 2010.

1. kloraferm

kloraferm Humor is reason gone mad

2. d0uche_n0zzle

d0uche_n0zzle **Negative_Creep** Donator

Cast Ryan Reynolds as Clark Kent/Superman.
  3. kloraferm

4. Pigdango

Pigdango Wackbag's Man of Gold Donator

This isn't going to go well. Great directors don't typically make great Executive Producers for other people's projects. Check out some of Steven Spielberg's producing work - it was kind of all downhill after BTTF and Goonies.

Edit - Ryan Reynolds is Green Lantern. Casting him as Superman would make a Justice League movie confusing.
  5. NeonTaster

NeonTaster ネオンテイスター Donator

Typical non-creative Hollywood decision. "Oooh, Chris Nolan made a reboot successful. Slapping his name on this should do the same." Die.
  6. thekidslepthere

thekidslepthere Registered User

Interesting article about why this movie has to be made in the next couple years, from deadlinehollywood.com

7. lockjaaaaww

lockjaaaaww All out of Bubble Gum.

So now someone has to die in post production to hype up the movie.
  8. DR. Jimcy M.E.

DR. Jimcy M.E. #team #gang #fellas #goodtimes

As long as that faggot director is still in charge it will suck balls. Fucking superman has a kid, is a skinny twink and uses his super powers more to spy on ugly Lowis then to fight. Oh and him lifting a fucking mountain made of kryptonite after getting beat up by 3 or 4 regular dudes. Fucking christ does that director not give a shit.

Takes a good writer just to make superman a interesting character so I doubt Nolan will be able to derail this train wreck waiting to happen.
  9. BigTony

BigTony Registered User

I think he should fight a giant spider.
    (lib-lib)
  10. BeerBelly

BeerBelly Banned

or a giant mosquito
  11. MrBogey

MrBogey En Taro Anthony Donator

The only way Superman can work is if you treat him as a serious superhero and not like the old-timey or silly 80s version where he's got Kryptonian pets and a doppelganger that speaks in negatives.

You have to have him being the last son of Krypton(no cousins, pets, or anything else outside of the FoS), he has to always feel like an outcast pretending to be normal, he has to be very intelligent but humble.

The only reason why Superman works is because of his limits. Even with the ability to cross the world in seconds and seemingly invulnerability, he can't stop death when it happens (yea, that turn back time was total bullshit that ruined a somewhat enjoyable film) and sometimes that causes him to feel like a failure. I think the late-80s Byrne version of Superman was the best take on the character ever done.

Having Krypton be a land of perfection(perfect health and scientific supremacy) being destroyed by denied flaws in their underlying self mirrored itself well with Kal-El's attempt to integrate himself with humanity while still being above them.

Of course they've fucked up Superman 5 ways from Sunday in recent years.
  12. DR. Jimcy M.E.

Trooph! Jim Lee and Brian Azzarello did it perfectly. They drew him and wrote him as a serious guy.
    [​IMG]
    I think its one of the few times I saw superman threaten someone. He wasn't a bumbling retard 90% of the time or a sissy who says shit like "golly Ms Lane you sure look pretty tonight".
  13. MrBogey

I punched out before then.

I really dug it all up till Zero Crisis. I bought up all the Superman titles(Action, AoS, Superman, S:TMoS), the spin-offs Superboy, and Steel, Green Lantern, Flash, and a few random titles depending on storyline. But when they started pulling that horseshit I gave up on it. And I'm talking, I'd buy back issues and search comic book shops to fill in my collection. Had like 12 years of almost completely uninterrupted Superman comics. I really dug Jurgens, Stern, Ordawy, Simonson, and those of that era.
  14. DR. Jimcy M.E.

After the Lee/Azzarello team up superman has been kinda lackluster to me for last few years atleast. It really depends on writers to make this guy shine and there just not enough guys who can write for him and make him compelling to read.
  15. Bill Lehecka

Bill Lehecka AKA Bill from Waterford Donator

Twitter:
    BillLehecka
    I wonder... with Nolan acting as Exec Producer, will this inevitably lead to that Superman/Batman movie that would probably clean up at the Box Office? The only time I find Superman remotely interesting is when he has to play off Batman.
  16. silentbob8201

silentbob8201 Registered User

Darkseid Trilogy.
  17. shimrra

shimrra Hello Ladies

Superman is a good comic but the character just doesn't crossover to the big screen. The first movie did a good job because there wasn't anything out there like it.

Personally, I think the only reason why its hard to make a Superman movie is the simple fact that Superman is to powerful he really has no equal. Batman, Fantastic 4, X-men and all the others, they can die because they are human (to an extent) plus they all have enemies that are on the same level of power.
  18. CousinDave

CousinDave Well-Known Member Donator

Twitter:
    cousin_dave

Flashback to Krypton, just before it explodes, Braniac's ship hovers above Kandor, shrinks and takes the city - Braniac actually caused Krypton to explode, so he could take Kandor for his collection.

Braniac learns there is a Kryptonian living on Earth (maybe when Superman went back to Krypton as depicted in Superman Returns) so Braniac decides to come to Earth to kill or capture the Kryptinian, shrink him and put him in Kandor as well as shrink and add Metropolis to his collection & destroy the Earth.

Final fight between Superman along with the tiny Kryptonians from Kandor vs Braniac - Braniac becomes a giant Robot Spider!
  19. silentbob8201

silentbob8201 Registered User

Which is exactly why a Darkseid Trilogy with the Army of Apakalypse would be bad ass.
  20. MrBogey

Which is why, like I said, you have to make it about his limits. Look at the first one- his dad dies, he's told that he's the last of his kind, has to accept that he'll never fit in, and there's just nothing he can do about it.
  21. shimrra

shimrra Hello Ladies

Yeah, I understand but all that happen in the remake just made him look like to Emo "oh my dad died, oh I am the last of my kind, oh I can't fit in" Superman power wise is too strong. Also you can't just throw in Darkseid with out going thru the whole history of the New Gods. But then the 90% or more of the whole movie would be CGI. Batman just feels more down to earth cause freaking a dog can do something to him.

Why not just redo the first 2 Superman movies? Updated visual effects and sound?
  22. MrBogey

Making the hero emo is just one way to show tragedy. It's really a cheap way. It's why it gets mocked relentlessly.
  23. DR. Jimcy M.E.

Personally I always wanted a Doomsday: the death of superman movie. The movie is just one giant hour and half brawl which ends with them both killing each other.
  24. kloraferm

They did that, only it was animated (with Superman coming back though)
  25. askewcore

askewcore Why am I Mr. Sparkle?

And it was a lot better than the shit they called Superman Returns.