OpieRadio Logo
Compound Media Logo
Jim Norton Logo

“Monsanto Rider” in Farm Bill Allows Planting of GM Crops w/out Environmental Review

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Party Rooster, Jul 13, 2012.

1. Party Rooster

Party Rooster Unleash The Beast

[​IMG]

2. MayrMeninoCrash

MayrMeninoCrash Liberal Psycopath

I'm surprised ADM and ConAgra don't have a GMO crop subsidiaries.

3. Norm Stansfield

Norm Stansfield 私は亀が好きだ。

How exactly would it help them? It would leave them alone, not help them.

4. KRSOne

KRSOne Registered User

If its for big agri, it will happen. If someone wants a small garden in their yard, the SWAT teams will be called in.

5. Psychopath

Psychopath Plata O Plomo

Kill yourself you dumb fuck.

6. NuttyJim

NuttyJim Registered User

I don't want to hear about those "killer tomatoes" rumors again!

7. Neckbeard

Neckbeard I'm Team Piggy!

One thing I've noticed since I was a kid has always been a bunch of my hillbilly relatives complaining about "those ******s and spics and their goddamn welfare" which they were entirely correct and morally right to do...

Then they cashed giant subsidy checks. Plenty of them would never fill a car with that "corn syrup bullshit" ethanol but were in on the scam with that, too.

So it isn't just BIG EVIL FARMERS. I have no doubt Big Agricultural gets a lot more goodies than the "small farmers" who have prime real estate valued at thousands of dollars per acre but I've not seen too many starving farmers in my 20 year's time in Wisconsin.

8. gleet

gleet What's black and white and red all over?

Wanna find out? It's fun, good exercise, and can be done right at home!

http://farm.ewg.org/index.php?key=nosign

9. Neckbeard

Neckbeard I'm Team Piggy!

Yep, just did the search. THOSE GODDAMN NIGS AND SPICS AND THERE...

Blah blah blah. 200 grand in goodies the past 15 years. 200 fuckin' grand. I'm blood related to 10 guys who made over a hundred grand. These people have been suckin' on the teat and never missed a chance to get drunk and complain about welfare when I see them.

10. gleet

gleet What's black and white and red all over?

It makes it fun when you have to listen to them bitch about their pickup breaking down, meanwhile, you know how much free money they got last year to buy it with.

Neckbeard likes this.
  11. stevethrower

stevethrower Got Sig?

Ya I heard the USDA just funding for a bunch of these...

[​IMG]

Psssst... I hate Monsanto as they have been know to fuck farmers over... as I am one.

12. Mags

Mags Edgelord
    Donator

Have you ever even seen a farm, Son?

13. Yesterdays Hero

Yesterdays Hero She's better than you, Smirkalicious.

3rd post in? Third?! You're slipping. It's like you don't even care about pushing your babble anymore. Fuck is wrong with you lately? Where's the passion? The old Kirk-Cunt would be ranting up a storm, first post in.

14. Norm Stansfield

Norm Stansfield 私は亀が好きだ。

It's even worse than you think. This was months ago. Now he doesn't even bother posting half the time. The Bilderbergs are winning by default, and it's a damn shame.

15. Yesterdays Hero

Oh my god, the date. OH MY GOD! He has the same presence now as BeerBelly. No more gumming up the CE forum. The views in his Bizarro thread are down.

It's like someone said 'Hey what would you like to happen to Wackbag? Pick one thing.' and poof! It happened.

Kirk-Cunt is fading away.

16. Party Rooster

Party Rooster Unleash The Beast

I have to admit even I have lost the will to fuck with him like I used to anymore.

17. THE FEZ MAN

THE FEZ MAN as a matter of fact i dont have 5$

one of the best scams ever,

http://www.farmaid.org/site/c.qlI5I...Family_Farmers_Good_Food_A_Better_America.htm

18. stevethrower

stevethrower Got Sig?

19. KRSOne

KRSOne Registered User

Its great when dopey Canucks respond to posts that are half a year old.

20. Yesterdays Hero

Did I necro the thread? Then shut the fuck up. Continue fading, cheesedick.

21. Josh_R

Josh_R Registered User

Okay, correct me if I'm wrong, but hasn't corn been genetically modified for like decades now? Or are those just hybrid strains that Monsanto is suing everyone over? I guess that brings up the question, "isn't selectively breeding corn to have different traits the same as genetic modification?"

22. THE FEZ MAN

no, there is a huge difference between traditional "cross breeding" and actual genetic engineering, monsanto and others are actually splitting new genes into the crops, the major hubub is that they are not properly testing the crops before planting them in the fields, then the GM crops are naturally cross breeding into the "regular" ones, from what ive read they are actually making the corn produce toxins and other things that make them attack other "things" weeds, insects ect, the issue is they dont know how those crops are going to mutate into the regular food supply, there is a distinct possibility that there fiddling could possibly make corn deadly for humans or animals to eat. im all for GM crops, that are resistant to drought, but they really dont know what is going to happen, also the fucks are suing farmers for "stealing" there product and creating a monopoly even though they cant even control it, there is a big problem with bees disappearing, it possibly could be from GM crops

23. Creasy Bear

Creasy Bear gorgeousness and gorgeousity made flesh
    Donator

The "dangerous" effects of GM corn are theoretical at best, and there is about zero proof that there are any health risks associated with consuming GM corn... aside from hyper-nutrition resulting from the cheap and readily available bounty of GM corn crops.

There are shitloads of different strains and variants of GM corn, so it's not like over-reliance on a single type of GM corn is going to put a huge number of people at risk if one strain does "go bad" and "become deadly" for whatever reason.

The benefits of GM corn are massive and undeniable... the shit really is feeding the world. GM corn is amazingly cost efficient and productive... almost TOO productive... it's making fat slobs out of us.

Aside from that... Monsanto is a pack of cocksuckers and their business practices are reprehensible.

*edited to add*

As far as the bees disappearing... they've pretty much figured out that that's due to overuse of pesticides... specifically neonicotinoid pesticides. If they come up with a strain of GM corn that resists insects(and they have)... then they won't need to spray as much(or any) of the pesticides on corn, and the bees will be saved.

Hooray!

[​IMG]

#23 Creasy Bear, Dec 31, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2012
  24. THE FEZ MAN

im all for cross breading and other types of non gene splitting types of modification to pump up production or to make it more nutritious, its the complete seeming disregard for what is possible, the one thing that ive been reading about is that they are splitting genes to make the corn produce round up that it puts back into the soil basically poising everything around it. the other thing that concerns me is they are modifying it to produce other types of medicines, anti fungal and insecticides. there is a real concern for these crops contaminating the surrounding crops, fucking with mother nature has ALWAYS fucked us in the end, just look at penicillin and all the other antibiotics that were pumped into us as kids insects that have developed immunity to all insecticides ect....

i am far from an alex jones or kirk type of nut but some of the shit that these giant company's are pulling is concerning to me. i was watching a special on NOVA or one of the other types of shows that i watch and some geneticist was talking about how our entire society is "corn" based with almost no diversity in our basic chain of supply and if something were to screw that supply up we are fucked.
    no one will pay the price for Monsanto's screwing us. they have just gotten too big just like Halliburton and some of the other giant pharma company's

25. Mags

Mags Edgelord
    Donator

Short answer: don't eat so much corn.