OpieRadio Logo
Compound Media Logo
Jim Norton Logo

††† (Chino Moreno new side project)

Discussion in 'Music' started by Fuck Crosby, Aug 3, 2011.

1. Fuck Crosby

Fuck Crosby Bills. Beers. Broads.

2. Neon

Neon ネオン
    Donator

Love Chino. This is really cool. I always loved his obsession with dissonance in music.

3. GrammatonCleric

GrammatonCleric Registered User

Meh. I know I'll probably catch shit for this here but, I've never been impressed with him in Deftones. In fact I was bored at their show.

4. Neon

Neon ネオン
    Donator

Not necessarily. I've never seen the Deftones live, but the same thing happened to me with System of a Down. Saw them live when I was really into them and they stunk.

5. Chino Kapone

Chino Kapone Yo, whats wrong wit da beer we got?

How the fuck did I not see this thred?!?!? Love this shit... Super trippy. I like it, a lot.

I've seen the Deftones 5 times.... And honestly... 2 of the shows I was pissed, because it was like all the did was play their moody, trippy, 'House of flies' , 'sextape' kinda music. It was kind of slow, because I think the venue was too big. I've always thought of them as a small venue band. Like 1500 people or less. The 3 other times I've seen them, it was loud intense and very hype. They led off with Rocket Skates once and that set the whole tone of the show. IMO it matters the size of venue and what they play... because their music varies sooooo much.

6. fletcher

fletcher Darkness always says hello.
    Donator

I think it depends more on the era of the band. I have seen the Deftones a bunch of times since 98 or so. Their sets have always leaned more towards the more mellow songs because, to be honest, Chino cant sing the harder songs live. His voice is shit and he really benefits from studio tweaking above all else. That being said, I really didnt like Team Sleep but this song got me interested.

7. Chino Kapone

Chino Kapone Yo, whats wrong wit da beer we got?

I saw them twice last year, within 2 months of each other. 2 completely different sets, they killed it in OKC and were not that great in Tulsa.

8. fletcher

fletcher Darkness always says hello.
    Donator

I was supposed to see them in May with DEP but I ended up missing them because I broke up with my girl (she had the tickets, I guess we couldnt split them). Ill need to check to see if the NYC shows were different and such.