07-08 Michigan State Spartans Basketball Thread

krisko

Mrs. Fuckin Funny
Jul 29, 2005
Cupcake Capital, USA
I've started threads based on michigan sports teams before and they have been more successful than i thought they would. I think this one will break that streak.

Drew Neitzel is amazing (i'm biased, i grew up playing with him...basketball shitheads). Raymar Morgan and Marquise Gray are also pretty good, and Naymick has stepped up since stupid Paul Davis left.

does anyone know what the fuck i'm talking about?

i don't know how well they'll do, they're ranked 11th and they held their own yesterday against #1 UCLA...i guess we'll see

seeinred

White Death
Apr 29, 2007
Sterling Heights, MI
I think this one will break that streak.
I think you're right :action-sm

That is cool that you know Drew Neitzel though. I was never a super huge basketball fan, and I'm becoming less and less of one every year. I'll still pull for the Spartans come March though, I suppose.

krisko

Mrs. Fuckin Funny
Jul 29, 2005
Cupcake Capital, USA
I think you're right :action-sm

That is cool that you know Drew Neitzel though. I was never a super huge basketball fan, and I'm becoming less and less of one every year. I'll still pull for the Spartans come March though, I suppose.
not the wolverines??? they have a wonderful basketball program :icon_roll

:action-sm

krisko

Mrs. Fuckin Funny
Jul 29, 2005
Cupcake Capital, USA
i'm going to the game today against Oakland, it should be an easy one for them. Hopefully Drew is feeling better, he had that stomach virus the other day :(

krisko

Mrs. Fuckin Funny
Jul 29, 2005
Cupcake Capital, USA
oof, i went to the game today. they fucking stink. They couldn't get a rebound to save their lives and they missed freethrows at the end of the game and almost lost...to fucking Oakland!!! Neitzel is still sick so he didn't play as much as he should have and the only time there is an semblance of an actual play on offense is when he is in. i was really disapointed, this season doesn't look like it's going to go too well :(

seeinred

White Death
Apr 29, 2007
Sterling Heights, MI
oof, i went to the game today. they fucking stink. They couldn't get a rebound to save their lives and they missed freethrows at the end of the game and almost lost...to fucking Oakland!!! Neitzel is still sick so he didn't play as much as he should have and the only time there is an semblance of an actual play on offense is when he is in. i was really disapointed, this season doesn't look like it's going to go too well :(
Don't ever underestimate the power of Oakland. I kind of like seeing MSU struggle a little bit.

BlackNinja

How'd your parents die?
Jan 25, 2006
Miami
my good friend goes to msu, its all he talks about :arrrh:

krisko

Mrs. Fuckin Funny
Jul 29, 2005
Cupcake Capital, USA
they actually played really well yesterday...maybe Izzo will let them into their new locker room now.