1 v. 100 Stern Mentions

striker

Why yes, I am an asshole, so what?
Mar 10, 2005
Colorado
So WTF? are the question writers Stern fans or something? On the recent episode, there were 3 questions that had references to, or used names associated with Stern. Saget did not look pleased, and with two of the questions, the contestant said he was not a Stern fan anyhow so he didn't know who the other person was.

Maybe the boys should ask Saget about this.

TallBaby

Unregistered User .
Sep 9, 2005
Dallas, TX
Was Saget upset because of the Stern references, or because he knew the Stern references were going to piss off the pests and we're going to whine about it?

Either way, its pretty comical how little O&A get mentioned in pop culture things like quiz shows.

d0uche_n0zzle

**Negative_Creep**
Sep 15, 2004
F.U.B.A.R
its pretty comical how little O&A get mentioned in pop culture things like quiz shows.
Considering they're still relevant, not quite history/has-been, and on the cut edge of comedic edgy radio.

I'd say thankful, maaan.

Melk

Listening from the Future
Nov 14, 2005
Japan
I guess my question would be, how important is it that your favorite DJs get mentioned during trivia shows? I cannot imagine that the questions asked about Howard Stern would be particularly topical. Will they mention the Sybian? Will they mention Artie Lange gaining a significant amount of weight in the past two years? They might mention Howard moving to Satalite Radio or George Takei being an announcer on the show; but what trivia-worthy, general knowledge buzz has he generated in the past two years?

I am not bothered if Opie and Anthony are not mentioned on 1 v. 100. I think Opie and Anthony are making radio history right now. It will be a few years before that material makes its way to the mainstream.

Give it time. I think XM and CBS are.

jimmyjimjimz

Wackbag's version of The Miz
Aug 12, 2005
Rockaway Beach, NYC
So WTF? are the question writers Stern fans or something? On the recent episode, there were 3 questions that had references to, or used names associated with Stern. Saget did not look pleased, and with two of the questions, the contestant said he was not a Stern fan anyhow so he didn't know who the other person was.

Maybe the boys should ask Saget about this.
I honestly don't think Bob Saget has anything to do with the questions asked on the show, to be honest.

domelogic

Feb 16, 2005
Center Valley, Pa.
i watched that show and had absolutely no idea what the hell the question meant. i use to listen to stern all the time and having knowledge of his show wouldnt have helped anyoe answer that question. i didnt think it was any big deal having stern and baba booey mentioned and it was only one question.

does anyone know if this show was renewed? i enjoy watching it and saget is great