101 Ways to Leave a Gameshow

bigtobacco

Corey Feldman is Hurting...
May 2, 2006
Western Maryland
This premiered tonight after Wipeout and it was all kinds of bad. It's like Fear Factor, but moving at half the speed. Points, though, for not including an eat nasty shit segment.

The angle is it's a quiz show with the loser of each round sent off the set in some wacky way (riding on top of a bi-plane, hanging over the edge of semi...). Aside from the dumb girl getting cheek expanding gusts of air on the plane ride, the evictions were ho-hum and not worth the considerable build up.

The show was also a victim of the most annoying game show trend - talk us through your answer. Fuck that. Just answer the question, dumb ass, and move on. I don't want to hear the thought processes of these joe balls, just get on to the stunts. Save that shit for Card Sharks.

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005
#102- Murrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrder

Floyd1977

Nov 1, 2004
The show was also a victim of the most annoying game show trend - talk us through your answer. Fuck that. Just answer the question, dumb ass, and move on.
I remember watching "Million Dollar Money Drop" and I actually timed it, with commercials, it was like 12-15 minuter PER QUESTION. So if this show is like that, fuck it.

Konstantin K

Big League Poster
Aug 25, 2010
I remember watching "Million Dollar Money Drop" and I actually timed it, with commercials, it was like 12-15 minuter PER QUESTION. So if this show is like that, fuck it.
This is why Jeopardy is still the best game show, hands down. I'm not going to be emotionally invested in any of the contestants to the point where I care what they're thinking. You need to time to consider your response? Fuck you, move along. More questions = more better. I think it's all Who Wants to be a Millionaire's fault.

Poon Slayer

Reissued Regret
Dec 11, 2009
Chattanoogy
That must have been a wild night at the Floyd household.

LiddyRules

Jun 1, 2005
How much time of that was pan in close ups on random things. That seems to be a trend for most game shows now to build suspense.

Floyd1977

Nov 1, 2004
That must have been a wild night at the Floyd household.
Was at my in-laws so I had the time on my hands

thekidslepthere

May 19, 2004
Just imagine how slow it is to film this crap. You know with safety checks and how slow union dudes tend to move I bet this takes twelve hours for a single episode.

I had a friend who worked on Jeopardy, they used to film an entire week of shows in under three hours and that includes the roughly 15 times it takes the fucking sweat hog Alex Trebek to change his shirt during the spot where every single commercial break happens.

LiddyRules

Jun 1, 2005
In Real Time Jeopardy! is Trebek's interview style any better/are the stories from the contestants any more interesting? Because they always have the dullest stories known to man. "I hear you thought you saw Bill Cosby in an elevator one time, tell me about it." "Well Alex, I was on vacation in Iowa and..."

LiddyRules

Jun 1, 2005
I just noticed it was on and put it on for a bit to check out the question. It was "Which three of these apps are available for the iPhone." Same with Million Dollar Money Drop, what's with these modern game show's obsession with asking arcane bits of modern knowledge with like a three month shelf life?

George Costanza

All Hail the Dragonslayer.
Aug 10, 2007
Lake Orion Michigan
How much time of that was pan in close ups on random things. That seems to be a trend for most game shows now to build suspense.
Not only gameshows but awful documentaries like Gashole. You must of seen the first thirty minutes of zooming in on larry ogle while cutting to some redneck drunkard talking out of his ass. I hate the pan ups on random things or peoples faces to build suspense.

Party Rooster

Unleash The Beast
Apr 27, 2005
The Inland Empire State
I had a friend who worked on Jeopardy, they used to film an entire week of shows in under three hours and that includes the roughly 15 times it takes the fucking sweat hog Alex Trebek to change his shirt during the spot where every single commercial break happens.
I've seen Jeopardy taped in Hollywood. Alex Trebek is a fucking prima donna. And it sure feels like a helluva lot longer when you're in the crowd, especially when the fluffer sucks.