Donator
Jan 14, 2002
Land of misfit toys
Big Ben Hits Jackpot
By DAN NEPHIN,
AP
Posted: 2008-03-03 18:45:22
Filed Under: NFL
PITTSBURGH (March 3) - Talk about a comeback. Ben Roethlisberger signed an eight-year extension Monday with the Pittsburgh Steelers that is worth $102 million and makes him one of the league's top-paid players. "He's a Steeler and he'll always be a Steeler," team chairman Dan Rooney said.
The agreement comes after Roethlisberger re-established himself as one of the NFL's best quarterbacks last season, and nearly two years after his life and career were threatened by a motorcycle crash. The accident happened a few months after he led the Steelers to a Super Bowl victory.

Roethlisberger's contract guarantees him $36 million and is easily the largest in the Steelers' 76-season history. The quarterback, who turned 26 Sunday, gets $25 million immediately as a signing bonus.

"I told them I didn't want to go anywhere the day I walked in (as a rookie in 2004)," Roethlisberger said Monday. "I love Pittsburgh, I love the fans. Got probably the best organization and fans in all of sport. I don't want to go anywhere."

Nor did the Steelers want to lose the club's most successful quarterback since four-time Super Bowl winner Terry Bradshaw. Roethlisberger, drafted in 2004 as part of the same QB class as the Giants' Eli Manning and the Chargers' Philip Rivers, won all 13 regular-season starts as a rookie, began his career 27-4 and already has appeared in two AFC title games and seven playoff games.

Last season, Roethlisberger threw 32 touchdown passes with only 11 interceptions in leading the Steelers to a 10-6 regular-season record and the playoffs, a major turnaround from his 23-interception season of 2006.
http://sports.aol.com/nfl/story/_a/big-ben-hits-jackpot/20080303113509990001?ncid=NWS00010000000001

Hoagie

I suggest you tread lightly
Wackbag Staff
Mar 24, 2004
Your Mom's box
If you want the only QB in the NFL that can not only survive, but succeed without an offensive line then you have to pay for it. I'm totally happy with the deal.