Kris_LTRMa

LoseTheRadio.net's Ma
Nov 17, 2006
right where I wanna be
URL: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22769858/
Couple arrested after baby found drunk
WTHR-TV
updated 7:43 p.m. ET, Mon., Jan. 21, 2008

Muncie - A Muncie woman and her fiancee face neglect charges as authorities say tests showed the woman's 11-month-old son had alcohol in his system after passing out.

Police say the boy's father noticed his son was not responsive when he picked him up for a visit on Wednesday. A test measured the boy's blood-alcohol content at 0.118 percent, which is higher than the state legal limit to drive of 0.08 percent.

The boy's mother, 19-year-old Amanda Elbert, and her fiancee, 29-year-old Edward L. Williams, 29, are being held in the Delaware County Jail.

Investigators report that Williams admitted drinking beer around the child and said the boy might have consumed alcohol without anyone knowing. Elbert, meanwhile, denied anyone was drinking in the presence of her child.

Police say the boy's father is taking care of him.

Budyzir

There's nothing quite like a shorn scrotum.
Nov 12, 2004
Queens, NY
I was going to make a joke but, that's so seriously fucked up.

Jul 13, 2006
Arkansas
I had my first glass of wine when I was about 9ish and I bought my first 30pack when I was 16 I believe. I had some black chick called "Punkin" buy it for me. Surprise surprise right?

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
Aug 23, 2002
oh come on, kids do that shit all the time. so does my dog, its a running joke around here not to leave open glasses of booze around because the dog will get into it. if you think about it, less than one beer will give a baby that high of a BAC, so, your boozing it up, or even just having a few drinks, you get up to take a leak and leave the kid, he grabs your drink then finishes it, or even takes a few swigs, you come back and dont even think about were half your beer or drink went. i did it when i was 5 or 6, my parents took me to a family party i was wandering around picking up drinks and finishing them off or just drinking out of them, im drunk walk into a little girl on a swing then get smashed in the face and end up in the ER with a concussion, drunk at 5. kids will be kids, i dont think thats negligence on the part of the parents, now if they were all passed out drunk and the house burned down...... drinking isn't illegal yet, and kids getting into shit they shouldn't is nothing new, this is just a case of a slow news day, and over zealous prosecutors

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005
Li'l Billy Madison's party

JimsInfectedEye

That's very hurtful, sir.
May 21, 2005
Philadelphia
Police say the boy's father noticed his son was not responsive when he picked him up for a visit on Wednesday. A test measured the boy's blood-alcohol content at 0.118 percent, which is higher than the state legal limit to drive of 0.08 percent.
Were they worried the kid was gonna drive?

Smokezilla

U. S. Backstroke Roulette Champion
Jul 30, 2005
BumFuck-Egypt, KY
The Baby's-Mama, 19-year-old Amanda Elbert, and her fiancee, 29-year-old Edward L. Williams, 29, are being held in the Delaware County Jail.
Fixed that news story for ya, Kris!!!:action-sm

THE FEZ MAN

Aug 23, 2002
i would be more pissed that there was a coon in the wood pile than my baby being drunk......

Aizazzle

I always have a plan
Jul 27, 2006
Philly
Wow that is pretty fucked up.

Guess they would have taken me away from my dad, he gave me a glass of beer when I was 5 or 6. Let's just say mom was not pleased.

gleet

What's black and white and red all over?
Jul 24, 2005
Idaho
The kid handled the same amount of alcohol better than Matt Roloff.

click

Jan 5, 2005
N. Jersey
Some one was telling me back in the day, that if a kid was teething they would rub some Jim Beam or JD on their gums. That would be child abuse now I guess.
I'm not comparing it to what these obviously upstanding parents did.

THE FEZ MAN

Aug 23, 2002
But you'd hit it anyway. . . right????:action-sm

. . . And hit that bell for me, will ya?:p

ummmm, no, i would not hit it. that is soiled

and ding ding ding for both of us

Kris_LTRMa

LoseTheRadio.net's Ma
Nov 17, 2006
right where I wanna be
oh come on, kids do that shit all the time. so does my dog, its a running joke around here not to leave open glasses of booze around because the dog will get into it. if you think about it, less than one beer will give a baby that high of a BAC, so, your boozing it up, or even just having a few drinks, you get up to take a leak and leave the kid, he grabs your drink then finishes it, or even takes a few swigs, you come back and dont even think about were half your beer or drink went. i did it when i was 5 or 6, my parents took me to a family party i was wandering around picking up drinks and finishing them off or just drinking out of them, im drunk walk into a little girl on a swing then get smashed in the face and end up in the ER with a concussion, drunk at 5. kids will be kids, i dont think thats negligence on the part of the parents, now if they were all passed out drunk and the house burned down...... drinking isn't illegal yet, and kids getting into shit they shouldn't is nothing new, this is just a case of a slow news day, and over zealous prosecutors
There's a big difference between being drunk at 5 and being drunk at 11-months, Fez. An 11-month old is barely walking yet (I think-it's been awhile since I've had to deal with that milestone) & even if he is walking, he's not walking well enough to walk to a table, grab a glass and stand there & drink from it. Most 11-month olds are either using baby bottles or sippy cups.

But okay, let's say that the baby did somehow manage to get hold of a bottle of beer or a glass of whatever white trash in Indiana drink, mommy doesn't notice the kid is unresponsive? Step-daddy doesn't notice either? Yeah, it doesn't take much to give the kid a high BAC. According to an article read a few minutes ago, a 15-pound person who consumed 2 ounces of 80-proof (40 percent) alcohol would have a BAC of .385

No matter how the kid got the alcohol, how is it that they don't notice his not being responsive? There's a big difference between a kid being quiet and a kid being nonresponsive. What if the father hadn't come to visit the kid? It's quite possible if he was that ill, he'd be dead or suffering from some kind of dain bramage.

Both the mother and step-father gave conflicting reports - he supposedly admitted drinking beer around the child and claimed the infant might have consumed alcohol without anyone knowing. Mother denied anyone was drinking in the presence of her child....that raises a red flag, at least in my head - they can't get their stories straight. Plus, according to another article I found later, the step-father is far from a candidate for citizen of the year, let alone step-father of the year:

Williams already faces eight misdemeanor charges filed in recent months in Muncie City Court: battery and public intoxication, filed Tuesday; resisting law enforcement, false informing, public intoxication and disorderly conduct, filed Dec. 7; battery, filed Nov. 28, and driving without ever receiving a valid license, filed last July.

Kris_LTRMa

LoseTheRadio.net's Ma
Nov 17, 2006
right where I wanna be
Some one was telling me back in the day, that if a kid was teething they would rub some Jim Beam or JD on their gums. That would be child abuse now I guess.
I'm not comparing it to what these obviously upstanding parents did.
Yes, when I was teething, my grandparents or my parents would rub whiskey on my gums. But today that's totally unacceptable and if it's discovered the parents would have to be reported to CPS

THE FEZ MAN

Aug 23, 2002
im such an awful parent i dont remember when my boy started "toddling" around the house, but im sure it was less than a year old,. dont get me wrong, she should be prosecuted for looking awful and having that tat on her neck not to mention ummm the un desirable living in her home.... ya think she hates her daddy?