12 Classic Movie Monsters

TJLamb0518

Jumping That Shark....
Nov 8, 2002
East Islip, NY
N o mention of Glenn Manning? The amazing Colossal Man? And Jacksons' Kong? Give me the 33 version where the woman had the good sense to be terrified of a huge friggin' gorilla from start to finish! Falling for the ape is so ridiculous!

Vyce

Light-skinned, with no Negro dialect.
Feb 11, 2006
Washington D.C.
did anybody see The Host?
I have. I just burned it to DVD the other day, actually. Pretty good film, although it's got issues:

1) I felt it went a little long. It's about 2 hours long, it should have been at least 15 minutes less than that - maybe 30 minutes.
2) You see the monster a LOT - which isn't so bad, but for me, it kill a little bit of the suspense you would otherwise get if you had the monster more of a mysterious, unseen menace.
3) The film doesn't seem to know at times if it wants to be a horror movie, a drama, or a comedy - yes, a comedy - and the transitions in the film between the three are awkward.

It's entertaining though. The monster is this fucked up thing that looks partly like a giant tadpole, partly like a really hideous, mutated eel with big-ass forelimbs.

The first 20 minutes are really solid - the monster's initial rampage on the shore of the river is really fucking fun.

WhiskeyWhispers

I Want To Kill You All
Mar 11, 2007
Jersey
3) The film doesn't seem to know at times if it wants to be a horror movie, a drama, or a comedy - yes, a comedy - and the transitions in the film between the three are awkward.
I described the movie to a friend as having multiple personality disorder. It's worth seeing, but I probably wouldn't watch it again.

Stormrider666

Hell is home.
Mar 19, 2005
Bronx, NY
That pussy didn't last more than 5 minutes before he was counting the lights. And he did the J.O.B. to a fucking door.
Since ROTJ has been on alot lately, there is something I noticed and its been bugging me. Luke is a Jedi, he could have brought the door down with his powers, instead of using a rock to hit the control panel. Great list btw the way, I would like to nominate the creature from Deep Sea Rising.

Darth Mode

You went over my helmet?!
Nov 16, 2006
Hoboken, NJ
Since ROTJ has been on alot lately, there is something I noticed and its been bugging me. Luke is a Jedi, he could have brought the door down with his powers, instead of using a rock to hit the control panel. Great list btw the way, I would like to nominate the creature from Deep Sea Rising.
Well if he would've done that he couldn't have been able to show off his amazing throwing abilities. :icon_roll

Dec 12, 2007
Aliens are a pretty good monster, why the fuck aren't they on the list?

H

Haulport

Mull from "Frankenstein Meets the Space Monster"

TallBaby

Unregistered User .
Sep 9, 2005
Dallas, TX
Also snubbed from the list: Torgo

In response to the question of if Torgo is truly a monster, Tom Servo offers his opinion:

"Well, I think that uh... sure, yeah. It seems to me that... yeah. Exaggerated physical attribute, in this case, the knees, used to induce terror. Yeah, I guess Torgo's a monster."

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005
Also snubbed from the list: Torgo

In response to the question of if Torgo is truly a monster, Tom Servo offers his opinion:

"Well, I think that uh... sure, yeah. It seems to me that... yeah. Exaggerated physical attribute, in this case, the knees, used to induce terror. Yeah, I guess Torgo's a monster."
Most of the monsters are giant, along the lines of Cloverfield's Cecil the Sea Monster. Torgo was only giant in spirit. We love you you hobble kneed bastard!

I wouldn't even put Eegah on the list. (Watch Out For Snakes.)