the Streif

¡¡¡¡sıʞunɹɹɹɹɹɹɹℲ
Donator
Aug 25, 2002
In a hot tub having a snow ball fight.
12 dead in shooting at Thousand Oaks nightclub, police say
By Stephen Sorace | Fox News

Multiple fatalities in California bar shooting
Jonathan Hunt has the latest from Thousand Oaks, California.
At least 12 people were killed late Wednesday night when a gunman opened fire at a nightclub in Thousand Oaks, Calif., police said.
Hundreds of people were inside the Borderline Bar & Grill for "college country night." Shots rang out at around 11:20 p.m., Ventura County police said. Witnesses inside said patrons used chairs to break windows in an attempt to escape the gunfire.
Police told the Los Angeles Times that at least 30 shots were fired and the gunman used smoke bombs. It was unclear what type of weapon the shooter used.
Police said the shooter was dead inside the bar. It was unclear how he died.
Video
Authorities said one deputy was among the victims. The deputy was rushed to a nearby hospital and was pronounced dead.
WITNESSES DESCRIBE CHAOTIC SCENE DURING THOUSAND OAKS SHOOTING
“There were shots fired at the Borderline Bar and Grill” at 11:20 p.m., said Kuredjian, a spokesman for the Ventura County Sheriff’s Department. “As deputies responded, they also heard shots.”
Additional units from the California Highway Patrol, Simi Valley and the F.B.I. responded, he said.
About a dozen heavily armed officers were seen lining up against a wall, appearing to prepare to storm the building. Medical workers were seen loading at least one victim onto a gurney, preparing him for transport.
Aerial footage showed armed officers entering the nightclub and numerous police vehicles outside.
View image on Twitter
#OaksInc: Ongoing active shooter incident reported at Borderline in @CityofTO . Please stay away from area. Active law enforcement incident. Multiple injuries reported. Details still being determined. Multiple ambulances requested. @VCFD
Twitter Ads info and privacy

Police vehicles and fire engines were seen blocking off traffic in the surrounding area.
Other officers appeared to be scattered in the vicinity.
Thousand Oaks is about 40 miles up the coast from Los Angeles.
Hundreds were reportedly inside when the shooting started. Witnesses inside the club told local news outlets that patrons used chairs to break windows and hid in the club's attic in between rounds of gunfire.
Witnesses have described the weapon as an automatic handgun.
An Emergency Information Hotline to assist locating people that may have been involved in the #BorderLineShooting incident has been established by @Venturaoes: at 805-465-6650​
Twitter Ads info and privacy

“I knew it was live, knew it was real," a 56-year-old witness told KABC-TV. "He [the gunman] didn't say anything at all. He just started shooting."
Witnesses said many inside were college students from Pepperdine University, California State University Channel Islands and California Lutheran University.
This is a developing story. Please check back for updates. The Associated Press contributed to this report.

Dems screeching for gun control in 3.....2.......1........

domelogic

Feb 16, 2005
Center Valley, Pa.
My company is head quartered there, it could have been me. Thousand Oaks is a very well to do area. Right next to Malibu.

Btw was it a gay club, by a Muslim holding a gun?

mascan42

Aug 26, 2002
Ronkonkoma, Long Island
My company is head quartered there, it could have been me. Thousand Oaks is a very well to do area. Right next to Malibu.

Btw was it a gay club, by a Muslim holding a gun?
Looks like it was actually a country music bar. "Ventura County's largest country dance hall and live music venue." Also, one of the people interviewed seemed to know a bit about guns when talking about the shooter's technique.

So, combine a room full of likely Republicans with a guy dressed all in black with his face covered, what does that sound like?

domelogic

Feb 16, 2005
Center Valley, Pa.
Looks like it was actually a country music bar. "Ventura County's largest country dance hall and live music venue." Also, one of the people interviewed seemed to know a bit about guns when talking about the shooter's technique.

So, combine a room full of likely Republicans with a guy dressed all in black with his face covered, what does that sound like?

I was going for a new Clue game

MayrMeninoCrash

Liberal Psycopath
Dec 9, 2004
Loveland, CO
Hearing rumors that it was a handgun (sorry assault rifle grabbers) and was a darker skinned gentleman with a long beard. Probably be out of the news cycle by lunchtime.

Hog's Big Ben

Getting ass-***** in The Octagon, brother.
Donator
Jul 28, 2005
New York
Witnesses have described the weapon as an automatic handgun.
Without question I know the least about guns here. I don't think I've ever even seen a gun in person that wasn't attached to military or law enforcement personnel.

Sooo WTF is an automatic handgun?

MayrMeninoCrash

Liberal Psycopath
Dec 9, 2004
Loveland, CO
Without question I know the least about guns here. I don't think I've ever even seen a gun in person that wasn't attached to military or law enforcement personnel.

Sooo WTF is an automatic handgun?
Probably referring to a semi-automatic handgun (which is like a Glock) where you pull the trigger and one bullet fires each time. Other types of handguns require you to pull the hammer back each time before you pull the trigger to fire.

There are full automatic handguns (like a Glock 18) which can empty a magazine with one pull, but they are extremely rare and nearly impossible to obtain.

Aug 5, 2004
Gunman identified as Ian Long. Veteran with PTSD.

MayrMeninoCrash

Liberal Psycopath
Dec 9, 2004
Loveland, CO
So the shooter apparently has the same first and middle name as me and our last names start with the same letter so we have the same initials. It could've been me!

Hog's Big Ben

Getting ass-***** in The Octagon, brother.
Donator
Jul 28, 2005
New York

Always the police were familiar with the shooter.

KRSOne

Dec 8, 2011
Sunnydale
But California has so many gun laws that stops things like this.

Guilty Spark

It's freeing and refreshing
May 4, 2005
Long Island NY
Ventura Highway in the sunshine where the days are longer, the nights are stronger than moonshine

KRSOne

Dec 8, 2011
Sunnydale
I like that old country music like Johnny Cash and the Rolling Stones.

Modern country that a lot of millennials like isn't really country its more like pop music.

Dec 8, 2004
Maine
Probably referring to a semi-automatic handgun (which is like a Glock) where you pull the trigger and one bullet fires each time. Other types of handguns require you to pull the hammer back each time before you pull the trigger to fire.

There are full automatic handguns (like a Glock 18) which can empty a magazine with one pull, but they are extremely rare and nearly impossible to obtain.
Not in this state if you have the cash...

Dec 8, 2004
Maine
I think there's literally like 5 civilian transferable Glock 18's in the US.
I've seen videos of people legally (well companies) converting them... well other Glocks. Guessing the 18 were the ones done by Glock?

Neighbor across the road from drunky's camp had a shit load of full auto stuff... pretty sure he had a full auto glock. Dunno which one though. Note he was friggin rich... as keeping these things fed is costly.

Discoman

Donator
Feb 21, 2010
New York
I like that old country music like Johnny Cash and the Rolling Stones.

Modern country that a lot of millennials like isn't really country its more like pop music.
I always found that song to be a little cringey.

ysr50

Donator
Apr 20, 2012
Fucking asshole doctors giving anyone who wants them anti depressants and never trying to figure out why they needed them in the first place, and then never following up to monitor whether or not these people are taking those drugs as prescribed is a pretty big part of this. I wonder what the suicide and mass shooting numbers were before the advent of these brain altering drugs. It's not that taking them doesn't make them feel better, it's that when they feel better they stop taking them and their brain chemistry is fucked and they go off the fucking rails. Modern medicine, better living through chemistry.