14 stabbed at Lone Star College near Houston

Myhairygrundle

Screw you guys, I'm going home.
Jul 16, 2005
Texas
Nobody died.

White guy.

Where was ESD today?

Clearly time for a national discussion on banning college campuses.

Stabbing injures several on Lone Star College Cy-Fair campus
- view video -
EXCLUSIVE: Suspect arrested
Video updated on: 2013.04.09 at 04:30 PM CDT
- view video -
Students document college stabbing suspect's arrest
Video updated on: 2013.04.09 at 04:40 PM CDT
Story posted 2013.04.09 at 06:48 PM CDT

A stabbing attack on the Lone Star College Cy-Fair campus on Tuesday left more than a dozen people injured, but one suspect was taken into custody after quick-thinking students jumped into action.
The Harris County District Attorney's Office has identified the suspect in custody as Dylan Andrew Quick, and says he is facing several charges, including aggravated assault.
The violence broke out at about 11:20am at the rear of the Health Sciences Building on the Cy-Fair campus on Barker Cypress Road.
Student Steven Maida said, "I didn't see him hit anybody, I just saw girl walk out with hole in her cheek. One girl had a hole in her neck, and this other guy had cuts on the back of the neck, and the other guy had a slice on the neck."
Without hesitation, Maida and several other students ran after the suspect.
James, a student at the school, told Eyewitness News he saw the suspect, dressed in black, emerge from the building at a run, and he gave chase. When tackled, the suspect reportedly said, 'I give up, I give up.'
"One kid grabbed him by the backpack, the other grabbed him by the arm, and the kid just said he gave up, and we just sat on him until the cops came," Maida said. "It was definitely an adrenalin rush. I wouldn't want to hear a girl die, especially if I could have done something about it." No motive for the attack has been determined.
James says the suspect may be hearing impaired, and was armed with a knife similar to an exacto knife, that may be used in animal dissection labs. Officials have not confirmed the specific type of weapon used in the attacks.
Sheriff Adrian Garcia confirmed the suspect taken into custody was a 21-year-old student, described as a white male.
"We do not know exactly what type of weapon was used, other than to say at this point that it was some type of instrument," said Sheriff Garcia. "We don't know whether a knife or some other type instrument."
The Harris County Sheriff's Department confirmed there were 14 victims. Four patients were taken by Life Flight to Memorial Hermann Texas Trauma Institute and two more patients were transported by ground ambulance. The remainder were taken to North Cypress Hospital, and two people refused treatment at the scene. Two of the victims are listed in critical condition. North Cypress Hospital officials say all of the patients treated there had non-life threatning injuries and have since been released.
Students were held inside classrooms as the campus went into lockdown. One student told Eyewitness News he held a prayer circle with students in his classroom. Others were seen walking calmly to their vehicles in the parking lot. Deputies searched each vehicle before drivers were allowed to leave campus.
Cy-Fair ISD secured the following nearby campuses as a precaution: Aragon Middle, Postma Elementary, Fiest Elementary, Copeland Elementary, Birkes Elementary, Rennell Elementary, Robinson Elementary, Homesley Elementary, Jowell Elementary and The Berry Center. While the schools were not under an official lockdown, doors were locked and no visitors were allowed on campus.
Authorities say the investigation is an ongoing situation. They are reviewing video evidence and say the entire campus has been searched for evidence. There had been reports of a second suspect, but HCSO now confirms they believe the suspect acted alone and they have ended the search for any further suspects.
LSC-CyFair campus is closed for the remainder of the day/evening, but will reopen Wednesday morning. Counselors will be available to talk with students and employees and will be visiting the classes of those students who were victims as well. LSC-CyFair President Audre Levy also will also be holding debriefing sessions about the incident for faculty and students.
Rand Key, Sr. Vice Chancellor for Lone Star College system, said their thoughts and prayers are with those injured and their families.
Three people were injured in a shooting at the north campus of Lone Star College in January. The incidents are unrelated.
Stay with ABC13 Eyewitness News for the latest on this developing story.

Ballbuster1

In The Danger Zone...
Wackbag Staff
Aug 26, 2002
Your house, behind the couch
And you can bet the gun control people will pounce on the

"none dead" aspect as verification that people are safer without guns.

Cunt Smasher

Caligula Jr.
Aug 26, 2005
I imagined myself on that campus, and will carry the emotional scars for the rest of my life. I'm sure I'll be fine after a few years of counseling.
On a different note, I'm always packin' some kinda knife, at least one has a 6" blade and I can get it out as fast as a switchblade.

Hog's Big Ben

Getting ass-***** in The Octagon, brother.
Donator
Jul 28, 2005
New York
Well, there's two still in critical condition. Cross your fingers.

tattered

Uber-Aryan
Wackbag Staff
Aug 22, 2002
JERZ
Ban all inanminate pieces of metal with a point on them!

I own knives i could of been killed!

lajikal

Aug 6, 2009
Ban stabbing motions!

VicVinegar

Oct 5, 2012
If only we had knife free campuses.

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
We need to make sure we ban all knives with bayonet lugs.

BIV

Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
Students describe bloody scene at Texas college
By RAMIT PLUSHNICK-MASTI and JUAN A. LOZANO | Associated Press – 44 mins ago

CYPRESS, Texas (AP) — A 20-year-old student who told police he had fantasized for years about stabbing people to death went on a rampage with a knife at a suburban Houston community college, hurting more than a dozen people, authorities said.

The Harris County Sheriff's Office said that about 11:20 a.m. Tuesday, Dylan Quick began a building-to-building rampage with a razor-like knife at the Lone Star Community College System in Cypress. He wounded at least 14 people, two critically.

Neighbors said he was a shy young man who would say hello when he took out the trash and helped his parents tend the yard, though he rarely came out alone.

"I can't imagine what would have happened to that young man to make him do something like this. He is very normal," said Magdalena Lopez, 48, who has lived across the street from the Quick family for 15 years.

The Quicks were friendly and fit in well with the other families on the block of brick, ranch-style homes. Most were aware that Quick is deaf. A street sign, "Deaf Child In Area," was posted on the block to warn drivers.

"I can't believe he would do it," Lopez added.

But hours after the stabbing attack, Quick was charged with three counts of aggravated assault, and the statement from the sheriff's office said pieces of the blade used in the attack were found in at least one victim and at the scene of the attack. A knife handle was found in a backpack Quick was carrying when he was arrested. Authorities were seen leaving Quick's parents' home with two brown paper bags.

No one answered the door or the phone at the red brick home, though two vehicles were parked in the driveway, one of them a Honda Accord with a license plate that read "DYLAN." It was not immediately known if Quick has an attorney.

The attack began before noon on a sunny spring day, interrupting the careless chatter of Diante Cotton and his friends, who were sitting in the cafeteria when a girl clutching her neck walked in, yelling.

"He's stabbing people, he's stabbing people," Cotton said the girl shouted, his first indication that something was amiss on the normally tranquil campus.

Walking outside, Cotton and his friends saw another half-dozen people with injuries to their faces and necks. Some were being loaded into ambulances. The most critically injured were evacuated in medical helicopters.

"I turned around, and there was just blood — just blood dripping down the stairs, all over the floor, all over everyone's towels, on their necks, just a lot of blood," Melody Vinton told KHOU-TV.

The attacker ran past Vinton, she said, as she was leaving her chemistry class. He was stabbing people, she said, one after another, always aiming for the neck or face.

"There's no humanity in that. Just to see another human being do that was more traumatic than anything," Vinton said.

Vinton and other students in the science building rushed to help the victims until emergency crews arrived.

Michelle Alvarez tried to back away when she saw Quick running toward students. She didn't even feel it as he swiped her.

"He came running and swinging at my neck, as I tried to get out of the way," she told the Houston Chronicle.

It remains unclear how long the attack lasted, but Lone Star college officials said they locked down the campus shortly after 11:30 a.m. Students described phones going off informing them of the lockdown. Some stayed in class until they were dismissed. Others went out to the hallways, where they were evacuated to their cars.

The sheriff's office said Quick told them he had fantasized about stabbing people to death since elementary school and had planned the attack for some time.

But Michael Lincoln, who lives next door, said Quick had never been aggressive, making the accusations even more shocking.

"If he's outside, he speaks to me, 'Hey neighbor, how you doing?'" Lincoln said.

Elva Garcia, 46, who lives two houses down from the Quicks, described him as a nice young man who stayed out of trouble and only came outside with his parents. She saw him, she said, just this past weekend, working with his parents in the front yard.

"We can't even believe it. What motive would he have?" Garcia said.

The attack came three months after a different Lone Star campus was the site of a shooting in which two people were hurt. The suspected gunman in that incident is charged with aggravated assault.
http://news.yahoo.com/students-describe-bloody-scene-texas-college-072218198.html

BIV

Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
Don't laugh, they suspended an elementary school kid, for making the ol' hand grenade toss motion
Another was suspended for doing the gun shooty motion.

Hudson

Supreme Champion!!!!!
Donator
Jan 14, 2002
Land of misfit toys
Okay...as this progresses..lets remember one thing: HE IS DEAF!!!.
Watch this become a focal point.

BIV

Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
Okay...as this progresses..lets remember one thing: HE IS DEAF!!!.
Watch this become a focal point.
Sir, that's spelled "deff".