$15 minimum wage plan fast tracked in Seattle

Not really, I wish it were as simple as opening a small business, then we would have to file separate, then she loses me as a deduction, and by the time we were done paying corporate fees and other nonsense we would still have to pay taxes, we talked to a tax attorney about it, she suggested, to keep it simple, and just have me be the tax burden
Ya your chick makes boat loads of money compared to Misery... I think she is a 12-7 so makes like 100k a year-ish... which is bonkers considering all she has is an associates degree.

Creasy Bear

gorgeousness and gorgeousity made flesh
Donator
It's me, and it's not a lie. my last year of employment my entire pay check, was going to pay taxes, filing jointly, and, it did not cover 1/3 of the tax burden. By me quitting my job, and becoming a dependent we saved my entire salary in taxes alone.

The example I gave was my actual job experience for years managing a body shop.

There was no such thing as cost of living raises, it was work harder or get fired, and in reality 1/2 of the labor rate (generally set by the insurance company, as "prevailing rate") and that was absolute maximum. Didn't matter where I worked. Now if you choose to work "flat rate" in theory I could make more, but, you can make way way way less.

Paying an unskilled laborer 15$ an hour lowers the pay of the more skilled workers
Oh, I see. Weird situation. I'm probably in the same boat. Losing money by going to work... like a damned fool. I should crunch the numbers.

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
Oh, I see. Weird situation. I'm probably in the same boat. Losing money by going to work... like a damned fool. I should crunch the numbers.
You are definitely not "making money" short term? Yes, so was I, every week I had a few hundred in my pocket to piss away as I saw fit (and pay the mortgage on my dump) but at the end of the year when the tax man came calling our combined incomes put us in the hole significantly, also our expenditures for services was almost equal to my income, granted I was in a dead end job that I hated, but even after that doing the part time job I was paying people to do shit, or, worse, I had to do things with the rest of the unwashed after working hours, yuck

Creasy Bear

Donator
You are definitely not "making money" short term? Yes, so was I, every week I had a few hundred in my pocket to piss away as I saw fit (and pay the mortgage on my dump) but at the end of the year when the tax man came calling our combined incomes put us in the hole significantly, also our expenditures for services was almost equal to my income, granted I was in a dead end job that I hated, but even after that doing the part time job I was paying people to do shit, or, worse, I had to do things with the rest of the unwashed after working hours, yuck
I shunt off nearly my entire paycheck straight into a 529 plan for my brat's college.

I work a full time job to fall just short of covering the cost of just one of my kid's college tuition.

I like that though. I like the idea of working so that my kid doesn't get buried in student loans.

My kid will graduate with a combo Pharm.D and an MBA, not a penny in student loans, and the world will be her oyster.

I'll gladly work for that.

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
I shunt off nearly my entire paycheck straight into a 529 plan for my brat's college.

I work a full time job to fall just short of covering the cost of just one of my kid's college tuition.

I like that though. I like the idea of working so that my kid doesn't get buried in student loans.

My kid will graduate with a combo Pharm.D and an MBA, not a penny in student loans, and the world will be her oyster.

Ok, so that's a full blown tax shelter. I was basically taking my entire paycheck for the year, signing the back and doubling then handing it to Uncle Sam, It's the exact reason I quit my job, my wife taking me on as a tax burden was the only way

Haeder

South Dakota

Racist. Too triggered to report. Paralyzed by your privilege.

At least he is getting a degree that he can actually use... like one of my broads kids has a degree in Theater lighting or something. And of course couldn't get a job so now works at a factory in VT where they make computer chips (wazzzat)...

Creasy Bear

Donator
At least he is getting a degree that he can actually use... like one of my broads kids has a degree in Theater lighting or something. And of course couldn't get a job so now works at a factory in VT where they make computer chips (wazzzat)...
One of my friends, our daughters went to the same high school, and now they're at the same college... his kid switched her major from pre-med, to some sort of bullshit communications/journalism degree. So this poor sap has to pay like 50 grand a year so his kid can get a journalism degree at a time when intsagoogling a picture of your ass to bookface is considered journalism.

Oh, and his kid just got a gigantic tattoo on her chest. On her goddamn chest.

That poor bastard.

One of my friends, our daughters went to the same high school, and now they're at the same college... his kid switched her major from pre-med, to some sort of bullshit communications/journalism degree. So this poor sap has to pay like 50 grand a year so his kid can get a journalism degree at a time when intsagoogling a picture of your ass to bookface is considered journalism.

That poor bastard.
Let me guess she also has green hair and a septum piercing. The two women I know that have those degrees one works for IBM as a Marketing Manager the other one worked for a newspaper (until she was downsized) and basically does SEO for websites...

Creasy Bear

Donator
Let me guess she also has green hair and a septum piercing. The two women I know that have those degrees one works for IBM as a Marketing Manager the other one worked for a newspaper (until she was downsized) and basically does SEO for websites...
It's worse, her father is a guy who fled Syria, and he's an atheist who hates the muslim savagery, and he came to America with about the shirt on his back and worked his ass off to put himself through medical school, and he's a doctor now. If anybody asks, he tells them he's from Italy... because that was his second stop before coming to America, so it's technically true.

His daughter is an SJW clownshoes who is now into "discovering her muslim heritage", and she wants to work with muslim refugees.

Her father is of the opinion that they shouldn't let a single muslim into the US, because he grew up with them, and he knows them, and he said they're all crazy, murderous lunatics.

Poor guy... he tried, but his daughter is a broken brain.

It's worse, her father is a guy who fled Syria, and he's an atheist who hates the muslim savagery, and he came to America with about the shirt on his back and worked his ass off to put himself through medical school, and he's a doctor now. If anybody asks, he tells them he's from Italy... because that was his second stop before coming to America, so it's technically true.

His daughter is an SJW clownshoes who is now into "discovering her muslim heritage", and she wants to work with muslim refugees.

Her father is of the opinion that they shouldn't let a single muslim into the US, because he grew up with them, and he knows them, and he said they're all crazy, murderous lunatics.

I'm sure dad is paying for her education and she has never worked a day in her life right? She will drop out and convert to full Polynesian Take Out... marry some savage... squirt out a couple of kids and finally find out that guess what muzzliasm isn't exactly a religion geared for the betterment of women... hopefully by then she is shipped off to some shithole country to truly experience snackbarism.

domelogic

That poor bastard.

I have seen a ton of that lately with women and I do not get it. Not a single one looks attractive and gets worse the fatter they get.

Creasy Bear

Donator
I have seen a ton of that lately with women and I do not get it. Not a single one looks attractive and gets worse the fatter they get.
It's so fucking bad.

My kid has a picture of it on her phone. I'll see if I can get it.

Just grotesque.

Floyd1977

Sadly, not much you can do these days. You're really not you're kids parents anymore. The villiage is taking over and they're getting bolder and bolder about what they feel is their business to "educate" your kids about.

All that you can do is hope your kids have some ability to think for themselves along with good bullshit detectors.

Last edited:

Creasy Bear

Donator
Sadly, not much you can do these days. You're really not you're kids parents anymore. The villiage is taking over and they're getting bolder and bolder about what they feel is their business to "educate" your kids about.

All that you can do is hope your kids have some ability to think for themselves.
That's all you can do, and it's what I did. I just tell my kids like it is, and I don't shield them from reality.

They got plenty of the SJW indoctrination in their schools, but the puny mind tricks didn't work on my jedis.

My kid told me about how she got invited (read: bullied) to attend some sort of Black Lives Matter rally on her campus, and she said "I can't. I have an organic chemistry class, and chemistry doesn't care about your oppression."

Floyd1977

That's all you can do, and it's what I did. I just tell my kids like it is, and I don't shield them from reality.

They got plenty of the SJW indoctrination in their schools, but the puny mind tricks didn't work on my jedis.
You are aware of what Luke's stance on the Jedi is these days?

Creasy Bear

Donator

My kid told me about how she got invited (read: bullied) to attend some sort of Black Lives Matter rally on her campus, and she said "I can't. I have an organic chemistry class, and chemistry doesn't care about your oppression."
Oh... more fun.

While the BLM jerkoffs were rallying, and demanding safe spaces for Pee Oh Cees at my kid's college, the campus was in the midst of an armed robbery and breaking and entering crime wave... all committed by black people.

Oh... more fun.

While the BLM jerkoffs were rallying, and demanding safe spaces for Pee Oh Cees at my kid's college, the campus was in the midst of an armed robbery and breaking and entering crime wave... all committed by black people.
So real life isn't like insurance commercials?

Floyd1977

So real life isn't like insurance commercials?

I'll give credit where due. The ad was kind of funny. Too bad they did they had to do the lesbian interracial couple checklist and the second part was ripped off from Seinfeld.

Last edited:
I'll give credit where due. The ad was kind of funny. Too bad they did they had to do the lesbian interracial couple checklist and the second part was ripped off from Seinfeld.
Well I'd post the plethora of commercials with smart bleck homeowners and and white burglars... amazed they aren't wearing stripped shirts, masks and have bags with dollar signs on them...

Floyd1977

Well I'd post the plethora of commercials with smart bleck homeowners and and white burglars... amazed they aren't wearing stripped shirts, masks and have bags with dollar signs on them...
How long before all the "bad" people in commercials are Trump lookalikes?

How long before all the "bad" people in commercials are Trump lookalikes?
Ya it is getting silly... like I could argue for around here burglars well criminals in general are gonna be white. Well except for large quantities of opiates/meth etc they tend to be out of state blecks... but not in other areas.

Not Seattle but this seems to be our go-to $15/hr thread

'Fair-Wage' Pizza Shop Promoting 'Economic Justice' Forced to Close Doors, Lay Off Employees

Dudley Dough, a “fair-wage” pizza parlor dedicated to “economic justice” in Boston, has been forced to close its doors because it is unable to make enough profits, according to The Boston Globe.

“The challenge for Dudley Dough was to support itself,” said Bing Broderick, executive director for the nonprofit Haley House, which oversees the shop. After just two years of operation, the “fair-wage pizza shop” will close in the next few months. “While popular, the shop is not breaking even financially,” the report said.

Dudley Dough, in offering its employees above-market wages, was sold as “pizza with a purpose.” Although it had a noble business plan, offering higher-than-market wages along with the added expenses of culinary and leadership training put the pizza shop at a significant disadvantage with its competitors.

“Three other restaurants opened in the area around the same time as Dudley Dough and are still operating,” according to The Boston Globe. The irony is in Dudley Dough's mission statement of “economic justice” for its employees who will no longer be employed. Not only will they no longer earn a fair wage, when the restaurant closes, they will no longer earn any wage at all. Moreover, the competing restaurants that watch their bottom line will continue to employ their staff at market wages. The situation exposes the ambiguity of the phrase “fair wage.”

“I don’t think anyone is looking at it as a failure,” said Luther Pinckney, team leader at Dudley Dough. But Pinckey's statement contradicts those who relied on their jobs.

“I didn’t see it coming. I have to keep working. I’ve got my youngest son in private school,“ said Dudley Dough employee Royce Terrell. “I like coming to work. It was kind of a shock.”

The pizzeria couldn't remain profitable despite being given a $100,000 donation from Robert Kraft, owner of the New England Patriots, specifically for Dudley Dough.

“Despite the board’s decision, Broderick said, a 'significant effort' is being made to support the staff at the shop as they transition to new jobs,” The Boston Globe noted.
http://ijr.com/the-declaration/2017...justice-forced-close-doors-lay-off-employees/

I guess $0/hr is much better than $7.50/Hr

Floyd1977