$15 minimum wage plan fast tracked in Seattle

ruckstande

Posts mostly from the shitter.
Donator
So that's how this is supposed to work! The economic secret to the $15/hr minimum wage is for competing businesses not to open and oh, I don't know, compete.
Your SJWness spreads magical pixie fairy dust that automatically makes your pizza preferable at a 20% premium over the guy across the street.

ruckstande

Donator
Your SJWness spreads magical pixie fairy dust that automatically makes your pizza preferable at a 20% premium over the guy across the street.
Also you must order a minimum of 9 pizzas or else a delivery fee of $30 is added.

Besides kiosks in the stores replacing mouth breathers I wonder if they are going to expand stuff you can do with your phone in store besides just paying.

Then of course more machines to make the food in the back...

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
Ha ha ha ha ha, his should be plastered all over the internet, and taught in basic economics class as an example of a failure, instead it’s buried here

Hog's Big Ben

Getting ass-***** in The Octagon, brother.
Donator
“I don’t think anyone is looking at it as a failure,” said Luther Pinckney

No Luther, not only is everyone saying it's a failure, but they're laughing at you too.

the max

attempted murder? now honestly, what is that?
They got $100,000 from Robert Kraft in one of his ether-induced hallucinations and it still went tits up. It's pizza you fucking mooks.

also

Bing Broderick
this is not a real person and I will never be convinced otherwise.

domelogic

Some people will never believe math but math never lies. The brilliant do gooder learned a lesson and the employee that said he was shocked, if it is to good to be true it usually is. There are dummies who still will say that it could work, keep trying

Obviously the solution is to force everyone to compete on the same level. Capitalism is dead, your pizza will be sold to you for the price that the State deems acceptable so that Mr. Broderick can continue to send his kids to private school on a pizza topping slinger's salary.

ruckstande

Donator
Not Seattle

STUDY: CA Will Lose 400,000 Jobs By 2022 Because Of Minimum Wage Hike

"If current laws remain in effect, this will lead to the largest gap between a state and federal minimum wage in the history of the U.S."

[https://www]Photo by Ilya S. Savenok/Getty Images for SiriusXM

ByHANK BERRIEN

December 14, 2017

views

On Thursday, the Employment Policies Institute (EPI) released a new study by Drs. David Macpherson of Trinity University and William Even of Miami University that estimated California will lose 400,000 jobs by the time the $15 minimum wage is fully phased-in by 2022.

The study examined the effects of California’s minimum wage increases over the past three decades. The economists found that each 10% increase in the state's minimum wage triggers almost 5% of jobs in California lost in industries with a larger percentage of lower-paid employees.

The full study, which can be read here, notes:

… beginning in 2001, California began a practice of increasing its minimum wage at a faster rate than mandated by federal law. In 2001, the California minimum exceeded the federal minimum by $1.10 ($6.25 versus $5.15). The gap between the California and federal minimum fluctuated since 2000 as both the state and federal minimum wages increased. As of 2017, California’s $10.50 minimum is among the highest statewide minimum in the country. Moreover, under current law, California’s will increase its minimum wage to $15.00 by 2022 while the federal minimum is scheduled to remain at $7.25. If current laws remain in effect, this will lead to the largest gap between a state and federal minimum wage in the history of the U.S.

Macpherson and Even posit that nearly half of the burden will be borne in accommodation and food services as well as retail trade. Worse yet, that estimate is conservative because the study could not measure the impact of a rising minimum wage for counties where data availability was limited.

As EPI notes, “A 2015 Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco review of economic research found minimum wage increases have been more harmful to low wage employment than previously thought. Earlier this year, researchers at Harvard Business School and Mathematica Policy Research looked at San Francisco’s $15 minimum wage and found restaurant closures associated with the increase in labor costs.”

To see anecdotal evidence of the deleterious consequences of raising the minimum wage, see EPI’s website Facesof15.com.

Employment Policies Institute Managing Director Michael Saltsman stated:

California has positioned itself as a ‘leader’ on new mandates, but this so-called leadership comes at a cost for small businesses and the people they employ. This study furthers the economic consensus that California’s $15 minimum wage will have real consequences for the people it’s trying to help.

READ MORE: CALIFORNIA MINIMUM WAGE

chumpy

No hopes of repair
Donator
I wonder how many restaurants ended up closing with this bullshit. Being forced to pay a dishwasher 15/hr means that you have to bump everyone else up and it may double your labor cost.

Floyd1977

There's a new McDonald's commercial out where at the end it says "McDonald's - The best first job" i.e. Flipping burgers is not a career, stupids.

NotSoFast

There's a new McDonald's commercial out where at the end it says "McDonald's - The best first job" i.e. Flipping burgers is not a career, stupids.
Exactly..I worked there when I was in high school. I then needed a job where I made more money and I found a job the next day making twice what I was making. *gasp!*

Begbie

Wackbag Generalissimo
Exactly..I worked there when I was in high school. I then needed a job where I made more money and I found a job the next day making twice what I was making. *gasp!*
Exactly. I never worked at a McDonalds (I worked in a local NJ deli), but as a teen, that's what you'd be forced to do....get a job in fast food. It was miserable. You didn't want to be there. This was the job that you'd have until you could get a degree or master a skill at a voc tech facility. You're plan all along would be to move on and not settle flipping burgers at $5.75/hr (what min wage was back in my day).

There's the occasional older fat white trash chick working the register...or the black mama. But it was never your desire to make a career out of that like they did.

The day will come when all of this shit is fully automated. And I can't wait for it.

domelogic

The day will come when all of this shit is fully

Then what happens to the next generation of teens needing/wanting employment?that is my only problem with automation. These dimwits wanting 15 an hour have already screwed up their lives and now trying to do that to everyone. Jobs like this are perfect for teenagers not lazy fat adults.

mascan42

Then what happens to the next generation of teens needing/wanting employment?that is my only problem with automation. These dimwits wanting 15 an hour have already screwed up their lives and now trying to do that to everyone. Jobs like this are perfect for teenagers not lazy fat adults.
The world needs ditch diggers, too.

Creasy Bear

gorgeousness and gorgeousity made flesh
Donator
I wonder how many restaurants ended up closing with this bullshit. Being forced to pay a dishwasher 15/hr means that you have to bump everyone else up and it may double your labor cost.
It's not working out like that though. What's happening is that everybody makes $15/hour, even the managers, and nobody gets a raise, because the massive labor costs need to be offset somehow, and the floor mopper making the same as the manager leads to major dissatisfaction and resentment, and it creates the situation where you may as well just be a dumb floor mopper, because working to climb the ladder isn't going to get you anywhere but in a position of more responsibility for no more money... until the floor-mopping robot goes online... then your position is going out the door.

Begbie

Wackbag Generalissimo
Exactly. It should be these kids taking these jobs so they can learn business skills (customer service, etc). But they shouldn't be making $15 an hour....obviously. It'll destroy business and jobs and force automation.

the Streif

¡¡¡¡sıʞunɹɹɹɹɹɹɹℲ
Donator
Ohhhhh, DIGGERS. I was confused by the talk of McDonalds employees.
The McDonalds that I go to for coffee every morning is staffed by young white lasses that are very toucha.....errr........rap......errrrr....belong in the jailbait thread..........

Mags

LDAR, bitch.
Donator
The McDonalds that I go to for coffee every morning is staffed by young white lasses that are very toucha.....errr........rap......errrrr....belong in the jailbait thread..........
I doubt they’re jailbait if they’re working at McD’s.