1500 psi B&D power Washer

MayrMeninoCrash

Liberal Psycopath
Dec 9, 2004
Loveland, CO
Last summer I bought a small electric 1500 psi Black and Decker for some cleanup. Used it a few times and put it away for the winter. Just pulled it out to do some cleanup and the motor wouldn't start. Plugged in, water attached and nothing. Water freely flows through the nozzle but no pump to boost the pressure. Any idea what might be wrong and if it's fixable or fucked up?

weeniewawa

it's a man, baby!!!
May 21, 2005
Hell,California
is there a breaker on it?

or maybe for the outlet you are plugging it in to?

MayrMeninoCrash

Liberal Psycopath
Dec 9, 2004
Loveland, CO
is there a breaker on it?

or maybe for the outlet you are plugging it in to?
It's got a GFCI on the plug that I cycled through the test procedure. It has a light indicating that it is working. I also tried it in 4 different outlets, including the one it worked in last time I used it.

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
Aug 23, 2002
i hate those electric machines, they always screw up. my mom had one that was a karcher and it was junk. im betting that either the pump is locked up, did you check the instructions ? maybe there is a troubleshooting section.

Party Rooster

Unleash The Beast
Apr 27, 2005
The Inland Empire State
i hate those electric machines, they always screw up. my mom had one that was a karcher and it was junk. im betting that either the pump is locked up, did you check the instructions ? maybe there is a troubleshooting section.
I got one of those Karchers at a Big Lots for $50. It's kinda temperemental like Mayr's saying it sometimes seems like it's not getting power. If I keep squeezing the trigger while cycling between the GFI test switches on the plug I get it to work. Once it's on for the first time I don't have any problems with it.

Ballbuster1

In The Danger Zone...
Wackbag Staff
Aug 26, 2002
Your house, behind the couch
It's got a GFCI on the plug that I cycled through the test procedure. It has a light indicating that it is working. I also tried it in 4 different outlets, including the one it worked in last time I used it.
But are you sure you have power in the house?
Can you go next door and try it?

Turfmower

Jan 17, 2005
Jersey
I know my hotsy blows the house breaker some times when it starts but it is a much lager unit than yours