$18,000.00 Dollar pig does its part to help family.

sniper2323

The true north Idaho P.O.W.
Aug 3, 2006
Far North Idaho is Home
http://www.newsbf.com/news/1108/20regina.html

By Mike Weland
newsbf.com

In E.B. White’s “Charlotte’s Web,” Charlotte the spider extolled the virtues of Wilbur, calling him “some pig,” in an attempt to save him from the butcher's block.

Had Charlotte been at the fair barn during the 4-H Market animal sale Friday evening, she’d have run out of both web space and words to extol the virtues of Jasmine Hill’s 4-H swine, Regina, who sold 15 times, raising a record $19,558, and who in the end was returned to Jasmine.

Like many in attendance, Charlotte would have probably stopped even trying and, like so many who were there, have given in to tears.

It was the way this community showed its support to the family of a man who stood up to defend his wife and six children by killing one of three grizzly bears that wandered into his yard May 8, and is now facing federal charges for doing so.

“There are a lot of people who stand behind Jeremy and his family and we’ve been talking for awhile about what we could do to show our support,” said Rob Pluid. “We’re all in the same boat … this could have happened to anyone. The fact that he’s willing to protect his family in spite of a federal law speaks highly of Jeremy, and we want him to know we’ve got his back.”

None of the people who planned the show of support dreamed it would take off like it did.

“I’ve never seen anything like it,” Rob said. “I’ve been buying market animals for 14 years and my kids have been selling for 18, and I’ve never seen anything take off like that.”

Rob does, however, feel sorry for Jasmine’s younger brother, Cameron, 11, who also had a swine in the sale.

“We knew we could only pull something like this off once,” Rob said, “so we decided to wait for the second pig. We sure didn’t want to steal Cameron’s thunder.”

Regina, weighing in at 254 pounds, brought an initial bid of $4.50 a pound by Fodge Mill, raising $1,143. Fodge turned her, offering her for resale, and she sold a second time, and a third …

Fodge, North Idaho Energy Logs, Pluid Logging, South Hill Lockers, Three Mile Café, Chante’ Kramer, Oxford, the Bennett Brothers, Akins Harvest Foods, Escrow Inc., a second time for Three Mile Café, ESCO, a second time for Oxford, and a final time for Chante’ Kramer, who gave Regina back to Jasmine. And then Dr. Mark Barker quietly matched the $5 a pound price she settled at, after rising to $6 early in the process.

Jeremy Hill, who faces up to a year in prison, a $50,000 fine and loss of hunting privileges if convicted, knew there were a lot of people who expressed support, but he confessed he was shocked at the form it took Friday evening.

“It’s pretty incredible,” he said. “I couldn’t believe it was going on. It’s overwhelming the amount of support.”

It must have been dusty in the sale barn, as he had to step outside while the bidding went on and on and on to wipe away a few tears, and there were many who watched the outpouring of support who had to wipe a few sniffles as well.

“I’m not sure what’s going on here,” the auctioneer said, “but I can tell it’s something pretty special.”

“It’s hard to see the stress this family is under because of this,” Pluid said. “Jeremy’s been working 15 and 16 hour days since this happened and it doesn’t look like he’s slept for a month. In my mind, this situation is a lot different than if someone had gone out looking for a bear or someone who mistakes a person for a bear. A bear in your yard, especially a sow and two cubs, is no different than an intruder in your home. That family was in danger, and Jeremy did what he had to do, plain and simple.”
A little more about the events
http://www.newsbf.com/news/1108/19grizzly.html

County Commissioners side with defendant in grizzly death​

August 19, 2011
Arraignment for a Boundary County man facing federal felony charges for killing a grizzly bear at his home May 8 has been scheduled for 10 a.m. Tuesday, August 23, in Federal District Court in Coeur d’Alene.

And while County Commissioners have been working with state and federal agencies for years to see the grizzly bear population recover, in this case, they’re standing beside the defendant, Jeremy Hill, 33, and have drafted a letter, which is being sent to Idaho Governor C.L. “Butch” Otter, the Idaho U.S. Congressional delegation, and the Idaho District 1 Delegation, seeking to have the charges dismissed.

“In this case, a grizzly sow and two cubs were on Hill’s property more than five miles outside any recovery zone,” said Commission chairman Ron Smith. “Jeremy and his wife have three young children, and the bears posed a threat to his family. It is the unanimous conviction of this board that Jeremy Hill had not only the right but the obligation to protect his children and his family.”

So, apparently, did local Idaho Fish and Game and U.S. Fish and Wildlife enforcement officers, who did not recommend that charges be brought. That recommendation was over-ruled in Washington, D.C., and the charge was filed August 8 by U.S. Attorney Wendy Olson.

If convicted, the penalty for killing an animal listed as threatened under the endangered species act is up to one year in prison and a fine of up to $50,000.

gleet

What's black and white and red all over?
Jul 24, 2005
Idaho
So, apparently, did local Idaho Fish and Game and U.S. Fish and Wildlife enforcement officers, who did not recommend that charges be brought. That recommendation was over-ruled in Washington, D.C., and the charge was filed August 8 by U.S. Attorney Wendy Olson.
Wendy sounds like a cunt. Nobody has to have their life endangered by a dumb animal.

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
Aug 23, 2002
nothing like some fucking cunt in Washington dc to dictate how someone in idaho should be able to protect there family. i hope she runs head first into a DC chimp

Jun 2, 2005
Dallas
If they lived so far out of town, I wonder how it ever made it to Washington in the first place. We could seriously hunt deer year-round at some of our property and no one would every have a clue... Sounds like the guy tried to do the right thing and call it in and ended up getting screwed over for his trouble.

whiskeyguy

PR representative for Drunk Whiskeyguy.
Donator
Jan 12, 2010
Northern California
That's awesome the community and even the fucking state agencies are standing behind this guy. If he's found guilty, fucking Idaho should just secede from the union and refuse extradition. Knowing a few people who live over there, it would probably be a popular idea.

That said, I had to read that story a couple of times to understand what happened. I didn't realize you could resell an animal in the same auction if it was donated back to you, but I guess that's what happened, 15 times.

MrAbovePar

En Taro Anthony
Mar 14, 2005
Covington. La
U.S. Attorney Wendy Olson looks like the kind of woman who'd bring him up on federal charges for having a penis.

sniper2323

Aug 3, 2006
Far North Idaho is Home
If they lived so far out of town, I wonder how it ever made it to Washington in the first place. We could seriously hunt deer year-round at some of our property and no one would every have a clue... Sounds like the guy tried to do the right thing and call it in and ended up getting screwed over for his trouble.
That is exactly what happened. He called fish and game to let them know what happened. Both the State and Federal fish and game officers wrote a report and did not recommend that charges be brought. This Federal prosecutor decided to file charges.

Jun 2, 2005
Dallas
People really need to understand that if no one was there to witness it, and you didn't fuck up anyone else's shit, doing the right thing is never the right thing to do any more.

whiskeyguy

PR representative for Drunk Whiskeyguy.
Donator
Jan 12, 2010
Northern California
People really need to understand that if no one was there to witness it, and you didn't fuck up anyone else's shit, doing the right thing is never the right thing to do any more.
We had a mountain lion problem on our ranch a few years back. Of course the all-knowing voters of California elected to make it illegal to hunt mountain lions in the 90s, instead of leaving that up to Fish & Game, who actually understands how to manage species. Anyway, a F&G warden I know told me to chase it away by pointing a loaded rifle at it and pulling the trigger... and to not ever feel the need to report to them where that round landed.

Hate & Discontent

Yo, homie. Is that my briefcase?
Aug 22, 2005
We called it the Three S rule. Shoot, shovel, shut up.

gleet

Jul 24, 2005
Idaho
Wendy deserves cock photos. I'd say cunt photos for the joke but I think the dyke would enjoy those more.

You put the wrong photo. Wendy is a woman.

d0uche_n0zzle

**Negative_Creep**
Sep 15, 2004
F.U.B.A.R
That wretched whore should have a fire hose shoved up her ass to dislodge the massive pile of shit clogging her 'brains'.

sniper2323

Aug 3, 2006
Far North Idaho is Home
What he did was treat this as a wolf kill. You have to report it within 72 hours.

I agree, Shoot, Shovel, and Shut up. That works most of the time, and he was in his rights to kill the bear, so he thought. He had nothing to hide, and didn't want to show any wrong doing, if someone did see or hear about it, and make a phone call.

This isn't the first bear that has come to peoples places looking for trouble. (Granted this was a black bear).
"http://www.bonnersferryherald.com/local/article_2e1e4353-6ce3-5c35-9d0b-daaefcb44965.html

sniper2323

Aug 3, 2006
Far North Idaho is Home
While I know it isn't something that the national press will cover, I hope the boys talk about this. I mean hell it is a Grizzly for the love of god. Now he is facing a year in jail, and/or up to a $50,000 fine? If he is ruled guilty, I'm sure glad I'm not a grizzly, as I'm sure they won't live in this county anymore.:AR15firin:shoot3::grizzly bears:

sniper2323

Aug 3, 2006
Far North Idaho is Home
Well this story is now international news. From the U.K. to the far east, people are talking about it. Thank you to everyone who sent an email, or made a phone call....Thank you!

sniper2323

Aug 3, 2006
Far North Idaho is Home
http://www.newsbf.com/news/1109/07hill.html

Hill pays fine, charge dropped

September
The United States Attorney’s Office for the District of Idaho announces that it is dismissing the pending misdemeanor criminal charge against Jeremy Hill for the killing of a grizzly bear on Mr. Hill’s property on May 8, 2011.

Mr. Hill has agreed that, under the applicable provisions of the Endangered Species Act and related Regulations, his actions on May 8, 2011, constituted a violation of one of regulations authorized by the Endangered Species Act, 16 U.S.C. § 1538(a)(1)(G) (stemming from his violation of 50 CFR §§17.40(b)(1)(i)(C)(1) and (2)). These implementing regulations of the Endangered Species Act prohibit removing nuisance bears, except authorized by government authorities. Mr. Hill has been issued a notice of violation and paid a $1,000 fine.

During the course of their investigation, state and federal wildlife officials were unable to establish the location of Mr. Hill’s children when the three grizzly bears were first sighted in the yard, about forty yards from the Hill home. Mr. Hill informed law enforcement that he last saw his children outside playing basketball in front of their home, but that he did not know where his children were when he saw the three grizzly bears near his pig pen. He stated that he was concerned for his children’s welfare. By the time Mr. Hill fired the final shot, he was aware that all of his children and his wife were inside of their house.

U.S. Attorney Wendy J. Olson announced that dismissal of the criminal charge in favor of the citation was based in part on Mr. Hill’s prompt notification of his actions to Idaho Fish & Game officials. “The United States Attorney’s Office well understands Mr. Hill is a concerned husband and father who wants to protect his family,” said Olson. “Anyone who observes or hears of a grizzly bear near campsites or residences must immediately contact fish and wildlife officials. Federal, State and Tribal officials are mandated to act immediately and effectively to remove grizzly bears from populated areas. These regulations are designed to ensure citizen safety and protect the grizzly bear, which has been designated a Threatened Species under the Endangered Species Act.”
He shouldn't have even needed to pay the fine, but it is better then what they were gunning for.

Party Rooster

Unleash The Beast
Apr 27, 2005
The Inland Empire State

gleet

Jul 24, 2005
Idaho
First:

And then:

U.S. Attorney Wendy J. Olson announced that dismissal of the criminal charge in favor of the citation was based in part on Mr. Hill’s prompt notification of his actions to Idaho Fish & Game officials. “The United States Attorney’s Office well understands Mr. Hill is a concerned husband and father who wants to protect his family,” said Olson.
Oh Wendy... you silly two faced cunt.

sniper2323

Aug 3, 2006
Far North Idaho is Home
Just happened today, I wonder if they will charge the hunting partner? BTW, this is about 20 miles away from where Jeremy Hill lives. I wonder if Jeremy will get his money back? :haha7:

http://www.kxly.com/news/29208805/detail.html
BOUNDARY COUNTY, Idaho -- Officials are investigating a deadly Grizzly Bear attack after a hunter was killed Friday morning near the Idaho / Montana state line.
The Grizzly was shot and killed by the victim's hunting partner.
The Boundary County Sheriff's Office received word of the fatal attack just after 10 a.m. The attack happened in the Buckhorn Mountains near the Idaho / Montana state line.
The hunter, who is not from Boundary County, was attacked by the Grizzly, and the hunter's partner in turn shot and killed the Grizzly.
Officials from the Boundary County Sheriff's Office, Idaho Fish and Game and the US Fish and Wildlife Service are investigating the attack.
The hunter's identity is being withheld, pending notification of his family.
© 2011 KXLY.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed without prior permission.
I think it has become open season on grizzly bears in Boundary County!