OpieRadio Logo
Compound Media Logo
Jim Norton Logo

19 signs we are a crazy control freak nation

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Norm Stansfield, Mar 23, 2012.

1. Norm Stansfield

Norm Stansfield 私は亀が好きだ。

19 Signs That America Has Become A Crazy Control Freak Nation Where Almost Everything Is Illegal

The original story comes with links to articles about each of these 19 examples. If you're gonna post on how some of these are made up, please first go to the link that proves they aren't, and then comment.

2. Norm Stansfield

Norm Stansfield 私は亀が好きだ。

I kinda see their point on Nr. 11 though. A drunk moose is going to be a problem.

3. jules

jules uppity taxpayer

great post, but shit like this makes me nuts because it just upholds my thoughts that we are doomed.

and yeah u dont want a drunk moose running amuck

4. Mags

Mags Edgelord
    Donator

Stupid list. Why stop at 19?

I'm sure you could find hundreds of these "reasons".

5. MayrMeninoCrash

MayrMeninoCrash Liberal Psycopath

#20 - Republicans want to force doctors to shove needless foreign objects in a woman's vagina against her will before receiving a medical procedure.

6. Creasy Bear

Creasy Bear gorgeousness and gorgeousity made flesh
    Donator

Actually, it's more a matter of... It's illegal to sell natural cures for cancer- until you prove they work.

Is anybody really going to argue for the rights of quacks and scammers to sell unproven cancer-curing snake oil?

If you think you have the cure for cancer, then go through the proper scientific channels, and get your shit approved by the FDA. Don't sit there whining that the Medical Industrial Complex is taking away your constitutional right to immediately peddle your Eye of Newt cancer cure on SiriusXM.

7. Warfarer

Warfarer I can't think of anything funny.

In all fairness, I have always driven over to Georgia to wrestle bears because they are easier to find there. The one that pisses me off is that I am not allowed to whale fish from the back of my truck in Alabama. Pisses me off to no end.

8. BIV

BIV I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.

#4 In many U.S. states is it now illegal to collect rain that falls from the sky on to your own property.

And, though I didn't go to the article, I'm willing to bet that these are states with a large mosquito problem. Standing water/pools are a public health hazard.

9. stevethrower

stevethrower Got Sig?

In America today it is illegal to milk your cow and sell the milk to your neighbor. If you do this, there is a good chance that federal agents will raid your home at the crack of dawn. - Yep the FDA in their black stealth helicopters will fast rope into your property. Unless (depending on what state) you allow a state inspector to have a look at your sanitary practices to make sure you don't accidentally kill or sicken someone.

10. stevethrower

stevethrower Got Sig?

Or cock pills... example Enzyte... the FDA closed him down... and since the warehouse where all these cock pills was kept didn't keep their rent paid the warehouse owner started selling them.

11. Creasy Bear

Donator

The fact that Kirk hasn't been apprehended and prosecuted is living proof that this one isn't strictly enforced.

12. LiddyRules

LiddyRules I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy

Isn't this more like a Wacky Laws article than a Mommy Nation article? And what's with the commentary on 5 and 3?

13. Party Rooster

Party Rooster Unleash The Beast

And by "good chance," they must mean the handful of times it's happened in recent years.

14. THE FEZ MAN

THE FEZ MAN as a matter of fact i dont have 5$

Home owners associations sums up the control freaks

15. stevethrower

stevethrower Got Sig?

http://www.infowars.com/raw-food-raid-armed-agents-bust-raw-milk-cheese-sellers/...

Like how there is a picture of a SWAT team on the page... even though what really happened was some Sheriff Deputies went with some FDA Investigators who picked up the milk and loaded into their urban assault vehicle (I think it was a Chevy Minivan).

There might have been some OCI agents there (the FDA with guns) but more then likely there were some Federal Marshals there.

16. whiskeyguy

whiskeyguy PR representative for Drunk Whiskeyguy.

In Chico, California it is illegal to detonate a nuclear device within the city limits.

17. Creasy Bear

Donator

And by "America" they mean other than the 32 states were selling raw milk is legal. And by "illegal" they mean selling unispected raw milk without a proper license. And by "neighbor" they mean all the customers of a commercial raw milk business. And by "good chance" they mean a very small chance given the very few times it has actually happened. And by "federal agents" they mean local Sheriff deputies, and a goober from the FDA. And by "crack of dawn" they mean whatever time of day the agents happen to show up.

Hyperbolespeak that would make Alex Jones proud.

18. Creasy Bear

Donator

In Indianapolis, IN it's illegal to walk down the street with an obvious boner.

19. Stig

Stig Wackbag's New Favorite Heel

In San Francisco, it's illegal not to.

20. Stig

Stig Wackbag's New Favorite Heel

Don't drag politics into this. EVERYONE wants to shove needless foreign objects into a woman's vagina. It's called "Fun" and/or "Teaching a bitch who's the boss."

21. MagicBob

MagicBob Registered User

SteveC Voice : "booooooooooooooooo"

22. Party Rooster

Party Rooster Unleash The Beast

It's "Nanny" Nation. Buncha fucking apologetic trendies in this fucking thread...

23. KRSOne

KRSOne Registered User

I like how tyranny is reduced to 'control freak'.

24. Creasy Bear

Donator

I like how theoretical crimes that have never been enforced are elevated to 'tyranny'.

25. KRSOne

KRSOne Registered User

Those laws are in place for selective enforcement. If someone doesn't like your politics they can come to your house and find 100 different BS laws to throw you in jail or give you thousands, maybe millions in fines. Its like the lady that taped the cops from her yard, cops arrested her, they had to let her go, and the next day a dozen cops were in the neighborhood giving tickets to people for parking 13 inches from the curb instead of 12.

Stossel did a great show about this on his FOX business show called "Too Many Laws".