1917 - WWI movie featuring many great Brits, directed by Sam Mendes

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator
Looks pretty solid. I’m in.

On a side note, I hate that Liddy mentioned like 5 years ago that he wanted more WW1 stuff and now all this shit is coming out.

Falldog

Wackbag's Best Conservative
Donator

On a side note, I hate that Liddy mentioned like 5 years ago that he wanted more WW1 stuff and now all this shit is coming out.
Yeah. Fuck you, Liddy.

HandPanzer

Shantih Shantih Shantih
So, sorta like Saving Private Ryan, only it takes place in WWI and spans only one day? Eh, why not? I'm in.

Pickle

So in.

Apparently the British cared much more about saving 1600 men in 1917 than they did in 1914.

LiddyRules

Regional Sales Rep for Fontaine Fish Finder

What can I say. I'm an influencer.

LiddyRules

Regional Sales Rep for Fontaine Fish Finder
So in.

Apparently the British cared much more about saving 1600 men in 1917 than they did in 1914.
Well 3 years later, those were the only 1600 men they had left.

Pickle

WWI was possibly the worst run major war in somewhat modern history
Possibly?

Edit: Actually, it wasn’t that WW1 was mismanaged, it’s that there was no legitimate reason why the major powers were at war in the first place. Once the war started, the goal was to kill the enemy, and practically every power involved was successful in that regard.

jnoble

Lingering longer for a longering linger
Possibly?

Edit: Actually, it wasn’t that WW1 was mismanaged, it’s that there was no legitimate reason why the major powers were at war in the first place. Once the war started, the goal was to kill the enemy, and practically every power involved was successful in that regard.
Not having tanks yet at least at the beginning or a legit airforce pretty much limited everything to the ground...the cold muddy mined and razorwired ground with the miles of trenches and misery

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Not having tanks yet at least at the beginning or a legit airforce pretty much limited everything to the ground...the cold muddy mined and razorwired ground with the miles of trenches and misery
Not to mention everyone was inventing the the book on large scale modern warfare as they went.

MurphCO

Enough of this palaver
Donator

With some chemical and biological warfare thrown in for fun