2 arrested for new noose incident near Jena

demonseed

Lingering since 1999
Oct 4, 2004
Morris Plains, New Jersey
Authorities in Alexandria, Louisiana, arrested two people after nooses were seen hanging from the back of a red pickup Thursday night, the city's mayor told CNN.

Alexandria is less than an hour away from Jena, Louisiana, and was a staging area Thursday for protesters who went to the smaller town to demonstrate against the treatment of six black teens known as the "Jena 6" in racially charged incidents.

Police say the 18-year-old driver of the truck was charged with driving while intoxicated and inciting to riot and also may be charged with contributing to the delinquency of a minor -- the 16-year-old passenger.

As police were questioning the driver, he said he had an unloaded rifle in the back, which police found. They also found a set of brass knuckles in the cup holder on the dashboard, according to the police report.

The passenger told police he and his family are in the Ku Klux Klan, the police report said. He also said he had tied the nooses and that the brass knuckles belonged to him, the report said. Watch what police found on the truck »

At least one of the nooses was made out of an extension cord, according to the police report.

Alexandria Mayor Jacques Roy said those arrested were "from around Jena" and not in the same parish as his city.

The police report says a crowd of about 200 people, mostly African-Americans, watched the arrest take place.

Roy said the incident is "not indicative" of Alexandria and that local authorities will look into the matter "completely, thoroughly and transparently."

A photograph of the truck was sent to CNN by Casanova Love, 26, who said he's in the U.S. Navy. He's visiting his family in Louisiana.

Love said he was standing outside a club with some friends Thursday night when he saw the red pickup drive by slowly with two nooses hanging from it.

He said the truck continued up the street and passed by a large group of Jena 6 protesters standing outside a bus stop. Police then pulled over the vehicle.

Love explained why he sent the photo to CNN: "People need to see this. It's 2007, and we still have fools acting like it's 1960."

State police estimated at least 15,000 people gathered in Jena on Thursday to protest what they consider unequal punishments meted out in recent racially charged cases.

One involved the hanging of nooses from a tree a day after black students sat under what had been an informal gathering place for white students. The students involved were suspended from school for a brief time.

Another was the beating of a white student that resulted in six black teens facing charges that include aggravated second-degree battery

abudabit

New Wackbag
Oct 10, 2004
Casanova Love, that's a good one.

Dec 25, 2005
NJ
Both races/sides are wrong here. The nooses are inflammatory and the protests are ignoring justice.

Why the hell can't we be fair & seek resolution instead of antagonizing the whole situation? This certainly isn't a solution. One feeds the other constantly.

HummerTuesdays

Another girrrrl!!!
Apr 24, 2005
On the road to ruin
A photograph of the truck was sent to CNN by Casanova Love, 26, who said he's in the U.S. Navy. He's visiting his family in Louisiana.
Ugh. With a name like that I wouldn't take anything he (she?) says seriously.

fuckwit

He loves you, and he needs money.
Jul 27, 2006
jersey
they can go ahead and arrest Sharpton and Jackson on inciting a riot too. this is only going to get worse.

Dec 25, 2005
NJ
they can go ahead and arrest Sharpton and Jackson on inciting a riot too. this is only going to get worse.
exactly. apparently it's difficult to see right from wrong when in the public spotlight.

I hope this guy is th first death in any riot he provokes.

WhiskeyWhispers

I Want To Kill You All
Mar 11, 2007
Jersey
I want out of this country.

This shit is never going to end.

I fucking hate everyone.

Rednecks, *******, rich white people, rich black people, faggy white college momma's boys, ghetto black on a basketball/football scholarship college boys, loopy left wing conspiracy nuts, crusty old curmudgeon right wingers, movie stars, cunt heiresses, bleeding hearts, militants, on and on and fucking on.

I hope a fucking asteroid obliterates us already.

Mar 15, 2004
New Jersey
Both races/sides are wrong here. The nooses are inflammatory and the protests are ignoring justice.

Why the hell can't we be fair & seek resolution instead of antagonizing the whole situation? This certainly isn't a solution. One feeds the other constantly.
Exactly. I was arguing this on Ronfez.net yesterday. People keep combining all the topics here. You really need to separate them all and deal with them on their own. But both sides have been don wrong and been wronged.

It's not going to be easy to deal with it all, but people like Sharpton and Jackson are, as always, doing far more harm than good. And only doing it for themselves.

Plunkies

Jun 28, 2006
So are nooses making a comeback? I mean when is the last time you heard about a noose?

Jan 3, 2006
In Fleas Mom's Box
Well, I know that you guys are not going to like what I am about to post. But thats nothing new.

As much as you dislike Al Sharpton for what he did with "Nappy Haired Hoegate" he is right on this time. Jesse Jackson as well. There is no gray area here with race. It's completely black and white (No pun intended). Now I know that most people on this message board are racist so I'll keep this as simple as possible:

A bunch of White kids threatened to lynch six Black kids in Jena, La. All because of their skin color. The Black kids defended themselves and are now charged with attempted murder. I hope that I made myself perfectly clear here.

Treat_Yourself

Nov 17, 2006
Well, I know that you guys are not going to like what I am about to post. But thats nothing new.

As much as you dislike Al Sharpton for what he did with "Nappy Haired Hoegate" he is right on this time. Jesse Jackson as well. There is no gray area here with race. It's completely black and white (No pun intended). Now I know that most people on this message board are racist so I'll keep this as simple as possible:

A bunch of White kids threatened to lynch six Black kids in Jena, La. All because of their skin color. The Black kids defended themselves and are now charged with attempted murder. I hope that I made myself perfectly clear here.
OK. None of the black kids is charged with attempted murder. The charges were reduced some time ago to aggravated second degree battery. It's illegal to defend yourself from racist speech with violence. If the white kids were holding a noose and saying that they were going to lynch a black kid that would be a threat. Tying a noose in a tree is not an immediate threat. The reaction of the black students was NOT self defense.

Mar 15, 2004
New Jersey
The white kid wasn't even one of the kids who hung the nooses months earlier, and wasn't any of the kids involved with the Barn Party stuff the night before.

The kid they beat up was supposedly making a joke about the incident or something to that effect. Probably laughing about it and being a little wise ass. He deserved to get yelled at, but not attacked.

When someone attacks a person 6 on 1, it's cowardly and a crime. They should be punished.

HummerTuesdays

Another girrrrl!!!
Apr 24, 2005
On the road to ruin
If they wanted to defend themselves from a rope hanging from a tree branch, they could have cut the rope down. What the black kids did was teach a mouthy white boy a lesson. From all the hearsay I'm reading, the white kids did not verbally or physically threaten the black kids, so there is no "self defense" argument.

Jan 3, 2006
In Fleas Mom's Box
If they wanted to defend themselves from a rope hanging from a tree branch, they could have cut the rope down. What the black kids did was teach a mouthy white boy a lesson. From all the hearsay I'm reading, the white kids did not verbally or physically threaten the black kids, so there is no "self defense" argument.
I fucking loathe you,

I'm sorry that these black kids hurt your feelings as a white man. Why don't you just admit that you're a fucking racist? Because there is NO FUCKING EXCUSE. These kids were taunted for their skin color and this white kid had it coming. The black kids didn't want this to turn into a race war. It was the white kid and the DA that wanted to prosecute the six black kids for attempted murder. There is a revolution goin on outside and you just cannot accept it. Oh, poor poor white man. You come home to your nice home in the burbs and post rubbish, you do.

HummerTuesdays

Another girrrrl!!!
Apr 24, 2005
On the road to ruin
I fucking loathe you,

I'm sorry that these black kids hurt your feelings as a white man. Why don't you just admit that you're a fucking racist? Because there is NO FUCKING EXCUSE. These kids were taunted for their skin color and this white kid had it coming. The black kids didn't want this to turn into a race war. It was the white kid and the DA that wanted to prosecute the six black kids for attempted murder. There is a revolution goin on outside and you just cannot accept it. Oh, poor poor white man. You come home to your nice home in the burbs and post rubbish, you do.
1. You don't read. I have posted that the attempted murder charges were harsh. I also called the victim a "mouthy white boy" without actually knowing the facts. I based it on the hearsay that people are posting.

2. The attempted murder charges HAVE BEEN REDUCED. I guess you forgot that you read that, too.

3. If the black kids didn't want a race war, they should have just let it go. Graduate high school and then go to one of the many black colleges and bitch about how the white man kept them down. The white kids would have moved on to multi-racial colleges because they aren't allowed the same exclusivity that the blacks are allowed.

4. If you don't like what I have to say, block my posts.

Stormrider666

Hell is home.
Mar 19, 2005
Bronx, NY
1. You don't read. I have posted that the attempted murder charges were harsh. I also called the victim a "mouthy white boy" without actually knowing the facts. I based it on the hearsay that people are posting.

2. The attempted murder charges HAVE BEEN REDUCED. I guess you forgot that you read that, too.

3. If the black kids didn't want a race war, they should have just let it go. Graduate high school and then go to one of the many black colleges and bitch about how the white man kept them down. The white kids would have moved on to multi-racial colleges because they aren't allowed the same exclusivity that the blacks are allowed.

Actually black colleges are now recruiting white and hispanic students to attend their universities. The number of black students enrolling in black colleges has dropped, due to attending multi-racial colleges. The black collgese are even offering scholarships to white and hispanic students. As for the whole Jena 6 thing, I'm still trying to get my thoughts together before making a post about it.

HummerTuesdays

Another girrrrl!!!
Apr 24, 2005
On the road to ruin
Back on topic to this thread...if someone is stupid enough to drive drunk, with a couple of nooses on the back of their truck, they deserve to be arrested. At they very least they can throw the book at him for DWI, under age drinking (assuming its 21 across the country) and contributing to the delinquency of a minor. I'm not an attorney, so I don't know what it takes to "incite a riot."

The police report says a crowd of about 200 people, mostly African-Americans, watched the arrest take place.
That doesn't sound like a riot. If it is, then perhaps what they're doing in Jena is also a "riot."

fuckwit

He loves you, and he needs money.
Jul 27, 2006
jersey
edit

im done. no one is making sense. we all have our biases in this and NO ONE FUCKING KNOWS THE FACTS. this story was horribly reported and has been riddled with misinformation. and the worst part of it is we are arguing about a fight between two high school cliques. no fucking idea about the real history here and depth between these douches. its kid bullshit and they were all in the wrong. im done thinking about them.

Schmed

I'm a corpse without a soul...
Nov 4, 2002
Shitsville, NY

Fuck that, the "Hate Crime" laws only apply if you are white, that's not a racist comment, it's an observation, it's not a black or a white thing either, it's these jerk-off bleeding heart liberal nimby politicians who think they are reaching out to black/hispanic America by pretending they are feeling their pain, whilst living in their exclusive developments and incorporated villages.

Wanna feel the pain, go rent a railroad apt in Bed Stuy or East New York.

Zona992006

New Wackbag
Jan 26, 2007
I want out of this country.

This shit is never going to end.

I fucking hate everyone.

Rednecks, *******, rich white people, rich black people, faggy white college momma's boys, ghetto black on a basketball/football scholarship college boys, loopy left wing conspiracy nuts, crusty old curmudgeon right wingers, movie stars, cunt heiresses, bleeding hearts, militants, on and on and fucking on.

I hope a fucking asteroid obliterates us already.
I think this is your best post.

weakside

He was stupid. I was lucky. I will visit him soon.
Dec 9, 2004
California
Well, that's wonderful.

How long before shots are fired?

weakside

He was stupid. I was lucky. I will visit him soon.
Dec 9, 2004
California

1. I agree.

2. I can't stop laughing at your Sig Pic.