OpieRadio Logo
Compound Media Logo
Jim Norton Logo

20-Week Abortion Ban Heading to House Floor Next Week

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Party Rooster, Jun 12, 2013.

1. Party Rooster

Party Rooster Unleash The Beast

2. BIV

BIV I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.

3. gleet

gleet What's black and white and red all over?

Hold my hand, man.

[​IMG]

4. Lord Zero

Lord Zero Viciously Silly

"I broke my fetus, man!"

5. HandPanzer

HandPanzer in situ
    It's My Birthday!

6. mascan42

mascan42 Registered User

How about we waste more time on shit that won't go anywhere, just to bolster our voting record, instead of actually fixing the country?

Hey, idiots: the people you're trying to impress by voting on an anti-abortion bill, were going to vote for you anyway. Stop pandering.

7. KRSOne

KRSOne Registered User

Its either the taking of a life or its not. If its going to be legal at 19 weeks and 6 days, it may as well be legal at 35 weeks. The entire Gosnell trial was asinine because they were debating over a few inches. If the baby had been a few inches to the left, Gosnell would be free but because the babies survived the abortions and were killed a few inches to the right, it was ruled as murder.

8. VMS

VMS Victim of high standards and low personal skills.

Your solution for things to get better is for politicians to actually do something?

Fuck that.

9. Neon

Neon ネオン
    Donator

Right, it has nothing to do with the fact that he took a baby that was born and alive and snipped its spine with scissors. Enough with your poppycock.

10. KRSOne

KRSOne Registered User

But if the baby was inside the mother when he killed the baby, it would be fine.

11. Neon

Neon ネオン
    Donator

It is already illegal to abort a baby past the point of viability (24 weeks) in most places.

12. KRSOne

KRSOne Registered User

And that's why its asinine. Its murder in one state but ok in another? I guess it was legal in Gosnells state since he was only charged with 3 deaths instead of thousands over his 20 year career.

Then you have laws that say if you assault a woman in order to cause a miscarriage, you can be charged with murder or attempted murder. If the mother gives her consent, its her choice and the baby stops being a separate life. Its one of the most inconsistent laws ever.

Its either a separate life with its own rights or its not. People know its a separate life and its not the woman's body but they convince themselves that its no different than removing a tumor. If they were honest, they would admit that they believe not all life is equal. But that wouldn't look good on a protest sign, something nice sounding like pro choice or womens rights looks better than saying not all life is equal.

#12 KRSOne, Jun 13, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2013
  13. Creasy Bear

Creasy Bear gorgeousness and gorgeousity made flesh
    Donator

Yes... the law varies from state to state. What is considered self defense in one state, is murder in another. States have some leeway and autonomy in their law-making decisions. Is this inconsistency something you were unaware of? Are you also OUTRAGED that you can buy booze on a Sunday in New York, but not in Indiana?

And again... I'll ask you the question you have run away from three times now.

When would YOU prefer abortion be illegal? 30 weeks? 2o weeks? 10? One week? Conception? Ejaculation? Flirtation?

Three times now. If you can't state your own simple opinion on this, then you're obviously not here to discuss, but rather preach your gospel from your moral high horse.

If you're not willing to even state your beliefs, then I'll thank you to zip your Moral Oral lip, and keep your sermons to yourself, Pastor Kirk.

14. KRSOne

KRSOne Registered User

Yes. You should have no "leeway" when it comes to ending human life. Its either ok to take life for convenience or its not. You can't say its murder to forcible cause a miscarriage but then say its a personal choice if the mother chooses to end the life. Forced miscarriages should be nothing but assault on the woman.

Abortion shouldn't be legal at all but if it is legal at least be honest about it and don't try to act like you are fighting for women's rights. It has nothing to do with women's rights since the baby is a separate person. I see no reason for abortion to exist thanks to things like the morning after pill and other forms of birth control.

#14 KRSOne, Jun 13, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2013
  15. MayrMeninoCrash

MayrMeninoCrash Liberal Psycopath

Some people don't see the difference between a life aborted by the Morning after pill (by preventing implantation of a fertilized egg) or by removing an attached fetus from the uterus. How do you reconcile their concerns? Are you just going to change the definition of abortion to fit only your worldview?

16. KRSOne

KRSOne Registered User

If they don't want to accept the research....

http://www.npr.org/blogs/health/201...g-after-pills-dont-cause-abortion-studies-say

They are free to research it themselves and provide scientific evidence that it causes an abortion.

17. Begbie

Begbie Wackbag Generalissimo

I don't know why they're wasting their time with this nonsense legislation. I mean, Obama signed an executive order banning federally funded abortions from the new healthcare law. And we all know there's no going back after an executive order is signed.

No worries.

:rolleyes:

Edit: Ooo...fitting that my sig pic just changed to something relevant to what I'm posting...although I did like the Obama/Nixon helicopter pic.

18. Creasy Bear

Donator

More of your usual 'black and white' childishness. No compromise... no leeway... no if, ands, or buts. Everything has to be right and wrong... black and white... moral and legal absolutes ALWAYS.

That's childish thinking, and it's exactly what I'd expect(and expected) out of a person as childlike as yourself.

More childishness. ALL ABORTION SHOLD BE ILLEGAL! ALL!

So you would force by law ALL women to carry ALL pregnancies to term ALWAYS... even in ALL cases of raype, incest, severe fetal handicap/retardation, contraception failure, etc... because THERE IS NO REASON FOR ABORTION! EVER!

BUT... it's not a matter of women's rights. Right? Woman are perfectly free to do as Kirk says after all.

:rolleyes:

You're a clown, Kirk. A childish clown.

You live in a childlike world of childish absolutist thinking. This is why you are a clown.

19. tysonpunchinguterus

tysonpunchinguterus "Allegedly"

And 19-week abortions are heading to hospital floors as I type.

20. Mags

Mags Edgelord
    Donator

Kirk's already proven he has no concept of real-world issues. I don't know why you guys even bother.

21. Don the Radio Guy

Donator

Since we don't actually know when life begins, your argument is valid. However, the morning after pill is considered abortion by some. And it's not always an option. Like it or not, some women just don't even think about getting pregnant until they're late. So that part of your argument isn't quite up to snuff.

Personally, I think a 20 week cutoff is fair enough. 24 even. But that's just me. It's just not going to pass Congress anyway. No big loss. They work on salary, and this eats up time that they'd be using to raise taxes or spend more money anyway. I say let them try, no matter how futile.

whiskeyguy and steve500 like this.
  22. Party Rooster

It has everything to do with women's rights. I think women should have the right to kill their unwanted babies up until the point they are viable outside the womb.

MayrMeninoCrash likes this.
  23. Creasy Bear

Donator

Mostly for the lolzies, but also to demonstrate just how far detatched from plain reality anti-abortion zealots like Kirk truly are.

So when you see people like Kirk spouting 'their holier than thous' you'll realize what an absolutely retarded worldview they have.

24. Party Rooster

You've been here since 2006. You should know that your personal experience and observations matter not in situations such as this.

Also, they'll never pass.

Also, thankfully they're wasting time on this and not on other stuff.

Also, who fucking cares?

And they'll all die off soon enough.

Also, before you arrived, this thread was a virtual utopia. An open sharing of ideas. Pleasantries. Exchanging foodstuffs at the market every fortnight. But you only exist to plant discord among us. Threddit Hole Puncher more like it.

Steve McQueen likes this.
  25. Mags

Mags Edgelord
    Donator

Understood and agreed.