2007-2008 Boston Bruins Thread

SurlyTruckDrivr

You've got a friend in WDTv2.0
Apr 28, 2005
Westport, Mass
anyone give a fuck? I'm actually looking forward to the season. They still need to develop a young goalie, but should be stable there with Fernandez. Hopefully Kessel takes a step forward this year with his health back.

en12384

Apr 12, 2007

cant wait till oct 5th. This will be a lot better then last year, especially in both physical and offensive play.

Fuck Crosby

Bills. Beers. Broads.
Feb 8, 2006
Rochester
I'm a Canadiens fan, but Tuukka Rask is going to dominate in a couple years

en12384

Apr 12, 2007
bruins win their 1st pre season game. Jeff hogan scores 2 goals one being shorthanded. 4 fights in this game, chara Thornton, ference, forgot the other. Already looking way better then last year, im pumped.

norton23

Opie And Anthony Always Win In The End
Dec 1, 2002
TITLE TOWN BABY!!!
Im giving hockey a shot this year. I don't know shit about it, never played it, I just didn't come from a town where we even had a team, and growing up durring my time they just kind of took a backseat to the Celtics, Red Sox, and Patriots. I've always wanted to get into it, so here goes.

any good nhl sites for info? I know the obvious is bruins.com but any others?

en12384

Apr 12, 2007
Im giving hockey a shot this year. I don't know shit about it, never played it, I just didn't come from a town where we even had a team, and growing up durring my time they just kind of took a backseat to the Celtics, Red Sox, and Patriots. I've always wanted to get into it, so here goes.

http://hfboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15

SurlyTruckDrivr

Apr 28, 2005
Westport, Mass

the best thing is to just catch a game live. IMO, you can't fully appreciate hockey on tv, can't really get a feel for how quick the action is. Things like how hard some of these guys really shoot, or how fast they can skate. You miss all the shit going on off camera too, line changes and how hard some guys can really hit. Not sure if they still do it, but they used to sell cheaper tickets in the nosebleeds for 15 or 20 bucks I think, last two rows of the bleachers, but it's not like the old garden where you'd be behind a pole or anything :icon_mrgr. Check it out, it's worth it. I used to go to all the games when some of the top players were in town. Go to a Bruins-Canadiens game which isn't as intense as it was in the 80's, but still a great rivalry, or see someone like Pittsburgh who have some incredibly talented young offensive players. The NHL used to be better before all the fucking expansion, the division play was better and now they've tried to do away with some of the physical play and fighting. I hate it, but I'm not as big a Bruins fan as I once was, I really want to enjoy it like I used to in the Neely-Bourque era.

SurlyTruckDrivr

Apr 28, 2005
Westport, Mass
oh and Bear (see what I did ,eh oh eh) with the Bruins, not gonna win the cup this year, but have some solid young players. Definitely worth checking (eh oh ....sorry I'll stop) out

en12384

Apr 12, 2007
Check out a Providence Bruins game (AHL farm team for boston). You get pretty much the same product but shitloads cheaper.

norton23

Opie And Anthony Always Win In The End
Dec 1, 2002
TITLE TOWN BABY!!!
Thanks to both of you. I'm working on getting Bruins tickets, im also going to check into gettinng to a Providence Bruins game. I know Pittsburgh has an exciting team, that's the little i've heard.

en12384

Apr 12, 2007
if you can get tickets to a Montreal vs bruins game id get them. They are the bigger rivalry, think redsox/Yankees atmosphere.

Fuck Crosby

Bills. Beers. Broads.
Feb 8, 2006
Rochester
I went to a Canadiens/Bruins game a couple years ago when both Ryder and Raycroft were going for the Calder. One of the best games I have ever been too

FAZ8218

Good eeeeeeeevening.
Wackbag Staff
Feb 10, 2006
Oceanside, NY
Norton23, if you still have XM (I know many people abandoned). Listen to 204, they're very insightful.

SurlyTruckDrivr

Apr 28, 2005
Westport, Mass
I went to a Canadiens/Bruins game a couple years ago when both Ryder and Raycroft were going for the Calder. One of the best games I have ever been too
I've been to about 30 Bruins Habs games over the years, some playoffs, some in Montreal (5 at the Forum), nothing like it. Most of the ones I've seen were in the late 80's early 90's. Unbelievable action. If there's one thing I like thay the NHL has done recently is getting back to playing division rivals 8 times, nothing like a B's Habs home and home in March with playoff implications on the line.

GDRC

This is what I do now
Jun 28, 2006
MA
It is going to be a long year.

en12384

Apr 12, 2007
Cam Neely Named Vice President of the Boston Bruins
http://bruins.nhl.com/team/app/?service=page&page=NewsPage&articleid=338311
BOSTON, MA - Boston Bruins Executive Vice President Charlie Jacobs announced Tuesday that Bruins legend Cam Neely has joined the front office as Vice President of the Boston Bruins. In this capacity, Neely will advise General Manager Peter Chiarelli on the hockey operations of the Bruins, as well as counsel Jacobs on club matters.

One of the most revered players in Bruins history, Neely appeared in 525 regular season games with Boston, totaling 344 goals, 246 assists and 921 penalty minutes in ten seasons. He ranks fourth on the club’s all-time goal scoring list and ninth overall in the team’s scoring history. Neely is the club’s all-time leading playoff goal scorer with 55 and ranks seventh on the playoff points list with 87 points in 86 career postseason games.

Known for his punishing style of play and offensive production on the ice, Neely led the Bruins in goals scored for seven seasons. In 1989-90, he became just the fifth Bruin in team history to score 50+ goals as he set a club record by a right wing with 55. He followed that with 51 goals in 1990-91 and became just the second in team history to record consecutive 50-goal seasons (Phil Esposito). He again reached the 50-goal plateau during the 1993-94 season and trails only Esposito (five) as the Bruin who has recorded the most 50-goal seasons.

Neely has had a tremendous impact off the ice as well. He and his brothers and sisters established the Neely Foundation, opened The Neely House, and launched the Neely Cancer Fund which collectively provide housing and support for the families of patients undergoing cancer treatments and fund treatment and research efforts. Since its inception in 1995, the Foundation has raised over $16 million from donations of all sizes, impacted thousands of families and continues to design, fund, and complete projects with immediate and tangible results.

Originally drafted ninth overall by Vancouver in the 1983 NHL Entry Draft, Neely was acquired by the Bruins on June 6, 1986 with Vancouver’s first round pick in 1986 (Glen Wesley) in exchange for Barry Pederson. Injuries forced his retirement in September of 1996.

On January 12, 2004, the Boston Bruins honored Neely by retiring his number 8 in a pre-game ceremony at the TD Banknorth Garden. On November 7, 2005 Neely became the 50th Bruin inducted into the Hockey Hall of Fame.

en12384

Apr 12, 2007
Love the team so far, complete 180 from last year

Lucic is a fucking anamal!

SurlyTruckDrivr

Apr 28, 2005
Westport, Mass
haven't seen any games yet, trying to settle into a new place. Once I do, gonmna order center ice package either for cable or on the computer.. Will be going to both games down here against the panthers though, maybe make the trip to Tampa if on a weekend.

GDRC

This is what I do now
Jun 28, 2006
MA
4 wins in a row.

SurlyTruckDrivr

Apr 28, 2005
Westport, Mass
jesus they tried to give one away last night, I wanted to go, but didn't get home from work in time to head down. Hopefully next time they're here I'll get to go.

SurlyTruckDrivr

Apr 28, 2005
Westport, Mass
Thomas out, Bruins traded for Auld from Phoenix for a minor leaguer and 5th rd draft pick