2007-2008 UofM, Hail to the Victors Thread

cknight725

Wackbag Biblical Scholar
Sep 9, 2005
Albuq., NM
Alright just like last year this thread had to be done too. Seeinred, iNFaMousToM, and even weaksidetackle and his buckeye rantings are welcome!

Stupid Freshmen:
Detroit News said:
Two Michigan football players face trials on separate charges

ANN ARBOR -- Two University of Michigan football players are expected to go on trial next month on separate charges of indecent exposure and driving while intoxicated.

Wide receiver LaTerryal Savoy, 21, of Mamou, La., attended a pretrial hearing Friday on charges that he exposed himself July 23 to a 21-year-old woman he knew inside Michigan Stadium. He pleaded not guilty at an arraignment Wednesday.

He is charged with one count of indecent exposure, a misdemeanor that carries up to one year in jail and a fine. His trial is set for Sept. 21.

Linebacker Obi Ezeh, 19, of Grand Rapids, pleaded not guilty to operating a vehicle while intoxicated, also a misdemeanor.

He was arrested May 22 after his vehicle struck a utility pole. His trial is set for Sept. 19.

Nicholas Roumel, a lawyer for both players, said Savoy's case was accidental.

"In order for this to be a crime, this has to be done knowingly," Roumel said. "I get the impression he just forgot to zip up his fly."

Roumel told the Detroit Free Press he was still talking to prosecutors about Ezeh's case.

Head coach Lloyd Carr said in a statement that he will wait until the end of the judicial process before commenting on Savoy. He also said that Ezeh understands there are consequences for his behavior.

Two other Michigan players also faced charges this year.

Tight end Carson Butler and defensive back Christian Richards were charged with attacking a fellow student on St. Patrick's Day.

Butler was cleared of charges, while Richards was convicted of assault and sentenced to six months probation.

Both players were released from the team in March, but Butler might be reinstated.

cknight725

Wackbag Biblical Scholar
Sep 9, 2005
Albuq., NM
2007 Michigan Football Schedule

Sat., Sep. 1 Appalachian State @ Ann Arbor, Noon
Sat., Sep. 8 Oregon @ Ann Arbor, 3:30 p.m.
Sat., Sep. 15 Notre Dame @ Ann Arbor, 3:30 p.m.
Sat., Sep. 22 Penn State @ Ann Arbor,Time TBA
Sat., Sep. 29 Northwestern @ Evanston, Ill., Time TBA
Sat., Oct. 6 Eastern Michigan @ Ann Arbor, Time TBA
Sat., Oct. 13 Purdue @ Ann Arbor, Noon
Sat., Oct. 20 Illinois @ Champaign, Ill.,7:00 p.m. CDT
Sat., Oct. 27 Minnesota @ Ann Arbor, Time TBA
Sat., Nov. 3 Michigan State @ East Lansing, Mich., Time TBA
Sat., Nov. 10 Wisconsin @ Madison, Wis.,Time TBA
Sat., Nov. 17 Ohio State @ Ann Arbor, Time TBA

seeinred

White Death
Apr 29, 2007
Sterling Heights, MI
FUCK YES.

Very little else gets me pumped up as much as seeing the Maize and Blue take the field. Just like every year, I'm really excited and optimistic about the upcoming season. I'll be at the notre dame ( :puke: ) game, and hopefully I'll be going to Camp Randall for the Wisconsin game too.

chutzd

Jan 24, 2007
Columbus OH
Only games UM needs to look out for is Penn State, Wisconsin and OSU. 2 of those games are at home. I think we'll be alright this year. As a Michigan fan living in Columbus, I NEED Michigan to beat the Fuckeyes, I can't stand to hear this shit another year.

weakside

He was stupid. I was lucky. I will visit him soon.
Dec 9, 2004
California
...and even weaksidetackle and his buckeye rantings are welcome!
Lol...cknight, you rock.

Here is something for you: I think Michigan is going to BUTCHER Ohio St. this year.

I also like Chad Henne a lot. He is the real deal.

weakside

Dec 9, 2004
California
Only games UM needs to look out for is Penn State, Wisconsin and OSU. 2 of those games are at home. I think we'll be alright this year. As a Michigan fan living in Columbus, I NEED Michigan to beat the Fuckeyes, I can't stand to hear this shit another year.
I think you have Penn St. in the bag. Oregon will be a tough game and don't look past Purdue.

seeinred

White Death
Apr 29, 2007
Sterling Heights, MI
What the fucking fuck. Tomorrow's game is only being shown on the Big Ten Network, which fucking comcast doesn't fucking carry. Fuck fuck fuck I fucking hate missing fucking Wolverines games. FUCK. :arrrh::arrrh:

Creampier

I have to return some videotapes!
May 11, 2007
Somerville, NJ
Thhh Thhhattt's Terrible...... I'm Sorry!!!
(I'm a Rutgers fan. I feel your pain!)

2nd-tier Appalachian State stuns No. 5 Michigan 34-32
By LARRY LAGE, AP Sports Writer
September 1, 2007

ANN ARBOR, Mich. (AP) -- What was supposed to be a tuneup turned into a stunner: Appalachian State 34, No. 5 Michigan 32.

Julian Rauch's 24-yard field goal with 26 seconds left put the Mountaineers ahead of the Wolverines and Corey Lynch's blocked field goal in the final seconds sealed one of college football's biggest upsets.

The two-time defending champions from former Division I-AA were ahead of the nation's winningest program 28-14 late in the second quarter, then their storybook afternoon seemed to unravel late in the fourth quarter.

Mike Hart's 54-yard run put the Wolverines ahead -- for the first time since early in the second quarter -- with 4:36 left.

One snap after the go-ahead touchdown, Brandent Englemon intercepted an errant pass, but the Wolverines couldn't capitalize and had their first of two field goals blocked.

Appalachian State drove 69 yards without a timeout in 1:11 to set up the go-ahead kick, but it still wasn't over.

Chad Henne threw a 46-yard pass to Mario Manningham, giving Michigan the ball at Appalachian State's 20 with 6 seconds left.

Lynch blocked the kick and returned it to the other end of the field as the final seconds ticked off, and his teammates rushed across the field to pile on Lynch as the coaching staff and cheerleaders jumped with joy.

Appalachian State has won 15 straight games, the longest streak in the nation.

The Mountaineers are favored to win the Football Championship Subdivision -- formerly known as Division I-AA -- but they weren't expected to put up much of a fight against a team picked to win the Big Ten and contend for the national title.

Alas, that's the beauty of college football.

No Division I-AA team had beaten a team ranked in The Associated Press poll from 1989-2006, and it's unlikely that it happened after Division-I subdivisions were created in 1978.

Appalachian State's win does seem to pass the one second-tier programs used to regard as their crowning achievement -- The Citadel's season-opening win in 1992 over Arkansas that led to the firing of Razorbacks coach Jack Crowe following the game.

Michigan coach Lloyd Carr will not get fired after this upset, but he might've wished he retired after last season when the Wolverines won 11 games and played in the Rose Bowl.

Carr will likely second-guess a lot from the game, and the practices that led to it, and might regret going for 2-point conversions twice in the final 15-plus minutes.

After Appalachian State went ahead 31-20, Hart scored with 24 seconds left in the third quarter and the 2-point conversion failed as Carr tried to pull within a field goal. Following Hart's late TD that put Michigan ahead by one, Carr couldn't justify kicking the extra point and backup running back Brandon Minor stumbled to the turf.

The Mountaineers improved to 7-36-1 against top-tier teams since 1978, beating a team other than Wake Forest in such matchups for the first time.

Since beating Wake Forest in 2000, they had been respectable against strong programs, trailing LSU and JaMarcus Russell by two touchdowns entering the fourth quarter before losing 24-0 in 2005 and leading Auburn late in the third before losing by a TD in 1999.

But Appalachian State proved it belonged from start to finish, making up for a slight size disadvantage with more speed.

Quarterback Armanti Edwards threw for 227 yards, three scores and two interceptions while he kept Michigan guessing with enough skills running to have 62 yards rushing. Dexter Jackson caught three passes for 92 yards, and scored twice, including a 68-yard reception that tied the game early and provided a glimpse of what was coming over the next three hours.

Hart, who went almost two quarters without a carry because of an injury, ran for 188 yards and three touchdowns. Henne was 19-of-37 for 233 yards in a lackluster game that included a TD and an interception in Mountaineer territory.

cknight725

Wackbag Biblical Scholar
Sep 9, 2005
Albuq., NM
What the fucking fuck. Tomorrow's game is only being shown on the Big Ten Network, which fucking comcast doesn't fucking carry. Fuck fuck fuck I fucking hate missing fucking Wolverines games. FUCK. :arrrh::arrrh:
Still hate missing games? I'm gonna need a flashie thing to get over this one ...

Hoagie

I suggest you tread lightly
Wackbag Staff
Mar 24, 2004
Your Mom's box
Just stopping in to El Oh El.

We Are....

Kid Brock

No longer VegasBrock
Jul 26, 2005
Las Vegas
Oh my lord. Someone lock this thread because I am sure anyone associated with it in the past has already committed suicide.

seeinred

White Death
Apr 29, 2007
Sterling Heights, MI
Sure, sure, any likelihood for a national title is out the window. But we're tied for 1st in the Big 10. I'm confident the Wolverines will come out stronger than ever next Saturday, and then continue to roll from there. And Mike Hart will have 250+ yards next week too. After that, it's hello Pasadena.

cozzie

head retard
Aug 7, 2005
Norristown PA
Sure, sure, any likelihood for a national title is out the window. But we're tied for 1st in the Big 10. I'm confident the Wolverines will come out stronger than ever next Saturday, and then continue to roll from there. And Mike Hart will have 250+ yards next week too. After that, it's hello Pasadena.

you MIGHT win the big 10, and you Might get to the Rose Bowl, but you will forever be remembered for losing to a 1-AA tem. what a sad day for mich FB.

btw i'm an FSU fan do when the lose to the Fla school for the deaf, then you can rag on me!.

GoCamels

Hark the sound of Tar Heel voices...
Aug 19, 2005
Graveyard Of The Atlantic
Michigan loses to the winner of the previous 2 1-AA national championships, while the Tar Heels whip the champion (James Madison) prior to Appy State...what is wrong with the world today???

And then there is always this for you Mee-chigan fans...

http://www.carolinawatercooler.com/Multimedia/1993.mp3

Chino Kapone

Yo, whats wrong wit da beer we got?
Jun 10, 2005
this is a 5 star thread for sure......

Hoffman

Guess who's back? Hoffman's back
Sep 28, 2006
Northern VA
From a Penn State fan:

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

:haha7: :haha7: :haha7: :haha7:

weakside

Dec 9, 2004
California
This was a shock. Some people were talking about Michigan running the table. Wow, not so much.

seeinred

White Death
Apr 29, 2007
Sterling Heights, MI
I still have faith. It's only one game. Yes, it was a horrendous embarassment to the program, but I'm hoping it was a fluke. Not a fluke that App state won, because by all accounts I've heard they deserved it the way they played, but a fluke that Michigan played the way they did. Theres a lot of football left, and winning the Big 10 title would go a long way in easing the pain of this loss.

cknight725

Wackbag Biblical Scholar
Sep 9, 2005
Albuq., NM
Uh, nope -- I see a 4 game losing streak and 0-2 at home to start the season. Lloyd Carr will be out after next week and the week 3 matchup with ND will become much more interesting because the story will be "How will the team respond?"

The Lloyd Carr era must come to an end. His comments after the game tell the whole story. There is absolutely no reason whatsoever that Michigan comes into this game in any way unprepared if Lloyd Carr takes his job seriously. For christs sake, you have (well, had) 2 guys that are (again, were) legitimate Heisman candidates! This goes WAY beyond losing to AppState (a Back-To-Back Defending champion team that could easily whip ND, the entire MWC, WAC, C-USA and about 20 other respectable D-1 teams) - this is about a 3 game losing streak that in each game has come down to a lack of preparation by players and the coaching staff. This is about an overall lack of defense for 4 years running. This is about 1-5 against the boys from Columbus in the last 6 years. This is about a 1-5 bowl record in those same years and an overall 5-7 bowl record.

Oregon averaged just under 450 yards of offense last year - today Michigan's D allowed 387 yards from a very good, but also not Big Ten-level Appalachian State. Oregon averaged 31 points per game last year and returns its QB, RB and 3 of 4 Receivers. To make matters even worse -- Michigan State looks much improved while Wisconsin, Ohio State, and Penn State all look as expected. Christ, at this point ND and Eastern Michigan look like the bright spots.

seeinred

White Death
Apr 29, 2007
Sterling Heights, MI
Uh, nope -- I see a 4 game losing streak and 0-2 at home to start the season. Lloyd Carr will be out after next week.

The Lloyd Carr era must come to an end. His comments after the game tell the whole story. There is absolutely no reason whatsoever that Michigan comes into this game in any way unprepared if Lloyd Carr takes his job seriously. For christs sake, you have (well, had) 2 guys that are (again, were) legitimate Heisman candidates! This goes WAY beyond losing to AppState (a Back-To-Back Defending champion team that could easily whip ND, the entire MWC, WAC, C-USA and about 20 other respectable D-1 teams) - this is about a 3 game losing streak that in each game has come down to a lack of preparation by players and the coaching staff. This is about an overall lack of defense for 4 years running. This is about 1-5 against the boys from Columbus in the last 6 years. This is about a 1-5 bowl record in those same years and an overall 5-7 bowl record.

Oregon averaged just under 450 yards of offense last year - today Michigan's D allowed 387 yards from a very good, but also not Big Ten-level Appalachian State. Oregon averaged 31 points per game last year and returns its QB, RB and 3 of 4 Receivers. To make matters even worse -- Michigan State looks much improved while Wisconsin, Ohio State, and Penn State all look as expected. Christ, at this point ND and Eastern Michigan look like the bright spots.
Jesus Christ quit with the logic, I'm trying to be optimistic here :action-sm

I could not agree more about the Lloyd Carr point, although I didn't hear his comments after the game. Obviously the team played like shit today, but at the same time, we have to think that it's not anywhere even fucking close to how they can (and hopefully will) play the rest of the season. I haven't given up yet, but if we lose next week, I may just have to.

cknight725

Wackbag Biblical Scholar
Sep 9, 2005
Albuq., NM
This was a shock. Some people were talking about Michigan running the table. Wow, not so much.
I would've been one of those people -- but that was before it became evident that spring practice consisted of flag football in panties and pizza parties - sheesh ...

Hoffman

Guess who's back? Hoffman's back
Sep 28, 2006
Northern VA
Jesus Christ quit with the logic, I'm trying to be optimistic here :action-sm

I could not agree more about the Lloyd Carr point, although I didn't hear his comments after the game. Obviously the team played like shit today, but at the same time, we have to think that it's not anywhere even fucking close to how they can (and hopefully will) play the rest of the season. I haven't given up yet, but if we lose next week, I may just have to.
Well, your defense has three weeks to put their game together, if they don't the Penn State offense just needs to keep the lead and our defense will do the rest this year. Beating our defense this year won't be as easy as it was last year.

As much as I wanted you guys to lose I've gotta admit an un-defeated match up of Penn State and scUM would have been much better.