OpieRadio Logo
Compound Media Logo
Jim Norton Logo

2007-2008 UofM, Hail to the Victors Thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by cknight725, Aug 13, 2007.

1. cknight725

cknight725 Wackbag Biblical Scholar

Alright just like last year this thread had to be done too. Seeinred, iNFaMousToM, and even weaksidetackle and his buckeye rantings are welcome!

Stupid Freshmen:

2. cknight725

2007 Michigan Football Schedule

Sat., Sep. 1 Appalachian State @ Ann Arbor, Noon
    Sat., Sep. 8 Oregon @ Ann Arbor, 3:30 p.m.
    Sat., Sep. 15 Notre Dame @ Ann Arbor, 3:30 p.m.
    Sat., Sep. 22 Penn State @ Ann Arbor,Time TBA
    Sat., Sep. 29 Northwestern @ Evanston, Ill., Time TBA
    Sat., Oct. 6 Eastern Michigan @ Ann Arbor, Time TBA
    Sat., Oct. 13 Purdue @ Ann Arbor, Noon
    Sat., Oct. 20 Illinois @ Champaign, Ill.,7:00 p.m. CDT
    Sat., Oct. 27 Minnesota @ Ann Arbor, Time TBA
    Sat., Nov. 3 Michigan State @ East Lansing, Mich., Time TBA
    Sat., Nov. 10 Wisconsin @ Madison, Wis.,Time TBA
    Sat., Nov. 17 Ohio State @ Ann Arbor, Time TBA

3. seeinred

seeinred White Death

FUCK YES.

Very little else gets me pumped up as much as seeing the Maize and Blue take the field. Just like every year, I'm really excited and optimistic about the upcoming season. I'll be at the notre dame ( :puke: ) game, and hopefully I'll be going to Camp Randall for the Wisconsin game too.

4. chutzd

chutzd Registered User

Only games UM needs to look out for is Penn State, Wisconsin and OSU. 2 of those games are at home. I think we'll be alright this year. As a Michigan fan living in Columbus, I NEED Michigan to beat the Fuckeyes, I can't stand to hear this shit another year.

5. weakside

weakside He was stupid. I was lucky. I will visit him soon.

Lol...cknight, you rock.

Here is something for you: I think Michigan is going to BUTCHER Ohio St. this year.

I also like Chad Henne a lot. He is the real deal.

6. weakside

I think you have Penn St. in the bag. Oregon will be a tough game and don't look past Purdue.

7. seeinred

seeinred White Death

What the fucking fuck. Tomorrow's game is only being shown on the Big Ten Network, which fucking comcast doesn't fucking carry. Fuck fuck fuck I fucking hate missing fucking Wolverines games. FUCK. :arrrh::arrrh:

8. Creampier

Creampier I have to return some videotapes!

Thhh Thhhattt's Terrible...... I'm Sorry!!!
    (I'm a Rutgers fan. I feel your pain!)

9. cknight725

Wow ... just wow ....

10. cknight725

Still hate missing games? I'm gonna need a flashie thing to get over this one ...

[​IMG]

11. Hoagie

Hoagie I suggest you tread lightly
    Wackbag Staff

Just stopping in to El Oh El.

We Are....

12. Kid Brock

Kid Brock No longer VegasBrock

Oh my lord. Someone lock this thread because I am sure anyone associated with it in the past has already committed suicide.

13. seeinred

seeinred White Death

Sure, sure, any likelihood for a national title is out the window. But we're tied for 1st in the Big 10. I'm confident the Wolverines will come out stronger than ever next Saturday, and then continue to roll from there. And Mike Hart will have 250+ yards next week too. After that, it's hello Pasadena.

14. cozzie

cozzie head retard

you MIGHT win the big 10, and you Might get to the Rose Bowl, but you will forever be remembered for losing to a 1-AA tem. what a sad day for mich FB.

btw i'm an FSU fan do when the lose to the Fla school for the deaf, then you can rag on me!.

15. GoCamels

GoCamels Hark the sound of Tar Heel voices...

Michigan loses to the winner of the previous 2 1-AA national championships, while the Tar Heels whip the champion (James Madison) prior to Appy State...what is wrong with the world today???

And then there is always this for you Mee-chigan fans...

http://www.carolinawatercooler.com/Multimedia/1993.mp3

16. Chino Kapone

Chino Kapone Yo, whats wrong wit da beer we got?

this is a 5 star thread for sure......

17. Hoffman

Hoffman Guess who's back? Hoffman's back

From a Penn State fan:

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

:haha7: :haha7: :haha7: :haha7:

18. weakside

This was a shock. Some people were talking about Michigan running the table. Wow, not so much.

19. seeinred

seeinred White Death

I still have faith. It's only one game. Yes, it was a horrendous embarassment to the program, but I'm hoping it was a fluke. Not a fluke that App state won, because by all accounts I've heard they deserved it the way they played, but a fluke that Michigan played the way they did. Theres a lot of football left, and winning the Big 10 title would go a long way in easing the pain of this loss.

20. cknight725

Uh, nope -- I see a 4 game losing streak and 0-2 at home to start the season. Lloyd Carr will be out after next week and the week 3 matchup with ND will become much more interesting because the story will be "How will the team respond?"

The Lloyd Carr era must come to an end. His comments after the game tell the whole story. There is absolutely no reason whatsoever that Michigan comes into this game in any way unprepared if Lloyd Carr takes his job seriously. For christs sake, you have (well, had) 2 guys that are (again, were) legitimate Heisman candidates! This goes WAY beyond losing to AppState (a Back-To-Back Defending champion team that could easily whip ND, the entire MWC, WAC, C-USA and about 20 other respectable D-1 teams) - this is about a 3 game losing streak that in each game has come down to a lack of preparation by players and the coaching staff. This is about an overall lack of defense for 4 years running. This is about 1-5 against the boys from Columbus in the last 6 years. This is about a 1-5 bowl record in those same years and an overall 5-7 bowl record.

Oregon averaged just under 450 yards of offense last year - today Michigan's D allowed 387 yards from a very good, but also not Big Ten-level Appalachian State. Oregon averaged 31 points per game last year and returns its QB, RB and 3 of 4 Receivers. To make matters even worse -- Michigan State looks much improved while Wisconsin, Ohio State, and Penn State all look as expected. Christ, at this point ND and Eastern Michigan look like the bright spots.

21. seeinred

seeinred White Death

Jesus Christ quit with the logic, I'm trying to be optimistic here :action-sm

I could not agree more about the Lloyd Carr point, although I didn't hear his comments after the game. Obviously the team played like shit today, but at the same time, we have to think that it's not anywhere even fucking close to how they can (and hopefully will) play the rest of the season. I haven't given up yet, but if we lose next week, I may just have to.

22. cknight725

I would've been one of those people -- but that was before it became evident that spring practice consisted of flag football in panties and pizza parties - sheesh ...

23. Hoffman

Hoffman Guess who's back? Hoffman's back

Well, your defense has three weeks to put their game together, if they don't the Penn State offense just needs to keep the lead and our defense will do the rest this year. Beating our defense this year won't be as easy as it was last year.

As much as I wanted you guys to lose I've gotta admit an un-defeated match up of Penn State and scUM would have been much better.

24. TallBaby

TallBaby Unregistered User .

25. weeniewawa

weeniewawa it's a man, baby!!!

HA HA you got beat by a JC:action-sm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVENWl8uBeg
    edit: I better check what my team did so I can officially laff at yours:icon_mrgr

edit: OK mine beat the JC it had scheduled first HAHAHAHAHA