2007 Detroit Lions Thread

krisko

Mrs. Fuckin Funny
Jul 29, 2005
Cupcake Capital, USA
I'm sure this thread will have all the popularity of an AIDS patient in a bath house but i'm starting it anyways!

GOOOOOO LLIOONNSS!!!!!!!

we actually didn't have a bad game last night!

Drew Stanton is stupid and is just another example of how the Lions waste draft picks like no other!

FIRE MILLEN!

Kid Brock

No longer VegasBrock
Jul 26, 2005
Las Vegas
Oh it will be popular. Most likely during Bears/Lions weeks when myself and Tar Baby resume our NFL rivalry after he predicts the Lions to win 12+ games any day now.

seeinred

White Death
Apr 29, 2007
Sterling Heights, MI
Well fuck, I slept through the game last night. Even though the Lions blow cock, I'm on my couch every Sunday watching the game and cursing the organization. I'll be happy with 7 wins this year.

Even though I love the Tigers and Lions, I live and breathe hockey though, so I can't wait for the Red Wings thread.

Oh, and I have faith that Drew Stanton will become a decent quarterback.

LameScreenName

"That Guy" at the party.
Aug 18, 2004
nj
honestly do the Lions really need another high draft WR? I mean Mike Williams and Rogers were busts. They have no defense and I just don't think Kevin Jones is that great of an RB.

krisko

Mrs. Fuckin Funny
Jul 29, 2005
Cupcake Capital, USA
Well fuck, I slept through the game last night. Even though the Lions blow cock, I'm on my couch every Sunday watching the game and cursing the organization. I'll be happy with 7 wins this year.

Even though I love the Tigers and Lions, I live and breathe hockey though, so I can't wait for the Red Wings thread.

Oh, and I have faith that Drew Stanton will become a decent quarterback.
Drew Stanton is out...knee surgery i think, another wasted pick

krisko

Mrs. Fuckin Funny
Jul 29, 2005
Cupcake Capital, USA
BUMP!
we're going to win the first game of the season, and possibly the second! whoever does scheduling (or however it's done) must feel bad for us :)

gooooo lions!

norton23

Opie And Anthony Always Win In The End
Dec 1, 2002
TITLE TOWN BABY!!!
I'm sure this thread will have all the popularity of an AIDS patient in a bath house but i'm starting it anyways!

GOOOOOO LLIOONNSS!!!!!!!

we actually didn't have a bad game last night!

Drew Stanton is stupid and is just another example of how the Lions waste draft picks like no other!

FIRE MILLEN!

EXCUSE ME?!?!?!? The Lions are a Thanksgiving favorite every year for me to watch so this thread is quite the opposite of bad,,,I like the Lions (and the giants shhhhh bout that)

krisko

Mrs. Fuckin Funny
Jul 29, 2005
Cupcake Capital, USA
EXCUSE ME?!?!?!? The Lions are a Thanksgiving favorite every year for me to watch so this thread is quite the opposite of bad,,,I like the Lions (and the giants shhhhh bout that)
yes this year we have the stupid packers for thanksgiving. hopefull we'll win and john madden will choke on a turkey bone.

i like the Lions too, but i also like the stupid patriots and the colts, you can tell everyone if you want :) if the Lions are ever good in my lifetime i promise i'll stop liking other teams :p

norton23

Opie And Anthony Always Win In The End
Dec 1, 2002
TITLE TOWN BABY!!!
yes this year we have the stupid packers for thanksgiving. hopefull we'll win and john madden will choke on a turkey bone.

i like the Lions too, but i also like the stupid patriots and the colts, you can tell everyone if you want :) if the Lions are ever good in my lifetime i promise i'll stop liking other teams :p

Well my team is the Patriots,,,the colts I despise almost as much as the Yankees, but like most people I have an NFC team and mine is the Giants since there games were always on when I was growing up. But again im a die hard lifelong Pats fan and being a pats fan my whole life has finially paid off= dynasty,,,. But there are certain teams I like to watch and the lions are one,,,for whatever reason.

krisko

Mrs. Fuckin Funny
Jul 29, 2005
Cupcake Capital, USA
Well my team is the Patriots,,,the colts I despise almost as much as the Yankees, but like most people I have an NFC team and mine is the Giants since there games were always on when I was growing up. But again im a die hard lifelong Pats fan and being a pats fan my whole life has finially paid off= dynasty,,,. But there are certain teams I like to watch and the lions are one,,,for whatever reason.
it makes you feel laugh to see such an abysmal excuse for a football team? just a guess :p

seeinred

White Death
Apr 29, 2007
Sterling Heights, MI
So the Lions looked really good today. Calvin Johnson had his 1st TD of his career, and Kitna didn't look too bad. Granted there was a little scare early in the 4th when the Raiders made it close, but they pulled it out. I loved when Tatum Bell taunted the Raiders fans after his TD with a minute or so left too.

The Lions are in 1st place, woot!

jagsfans

Dec 26, 2005
Jacksonville FL
There you go Michigan fans. Hitch your wagons to the lions since the "Victors" suck cock!!!

seeinred

White Death
Apr 29, 2007
Sterling Heights, MI
There you go Michigan fans. Hitch your wagons to the lions since the "Victors" suck cock!!!
You couldn't be more wrong really. Like Krisko said, the Lions always have good crowds at games (paper bags over their heads or not) and people here always like them, no matter how frustrating the season is.

And as for the Wolverines, there's not a whole lot of bandwagoning here about them. A good portion of people who are Michigan fans bleed maize and blue and a couple shitty losses won't change that.

commish13

Personal Friend of Chris Jericho
May 24, 2005
Emerson, NJ
I've been calling the Lions as Superbowl champions for months and months.

jagsfans

Dec 26, 2005
Jacksonville FL
You couldn't be more wrong really. Like Krisko said, the Lions always have good crowds at games (paper bags over their heads or not) and people here always like them, no matter how frustrating the season is.

And as for the Wolverines, there's not a whole lot of bandwagoning here about them. A good portion of people who are Michigan fans bleed maize and blue and a couple shitty losses won't change that.
Sorry if my intentions were misread. I wasnt saying you guys are'nt real Lions fans, just taking another chance to kick the Wolverines while they are down. :action-sm

BTW as a long time DIE HARD Cubs fan I too hate being called a bandwagon jumper whenever they have a good year.

seeinred

White Death
Apr 29, 2007
Sterling Heights, MI
Sorry if my intentions were misread. I wasnt saying you guys are'nt real Lions fans, just taking another chance to kick the Wolverines while they are down. :action-sm

BTW as a long time DIE HARD Cubs fan I too hate being called a bandwagon jumper whenever they have a good year.
Blah. The worst part is there's nothing I can do except take the shots at Michigan like a bitch. I'll be there saturday against notre dame and I'm pretty sure I'll kill someone if we don't win.

And Im with you 100% on the bandwagon thing.

mik3

fornicating madly
Mar 29, 2004
732 Jersey
This team is probably going to lose a lot of 35-31 games.

seeinred

White Death
Apr 29, 2007
Sterling Heights, MI
Exciting game today, and the Lions pull it out in OT. I was shocked to see Hanson miss that 47 yarder or whatever it was in regulation, but the defense came up big and then Hanson nailed the 37 yard FG for the win. 5 turnovers sucked, but a win's a win.

16-0 here we come.

N.Y. Johnny

Fake Twitter Friend
Sep 9, 2005
Texas
Nice to see the Lions doing good. I hope they do good, its a breath of fresh air instead of the same ol' teams doing it every year. Congrats on the early successes.

krisko

Mrs. Fuckin Funny
Jul 29, 2005
Cupcake Capital, USA
detroit fans fucking RULE! i was at the game last night and Ford Field was going nuts! Kitna has some huge balls, it's really great to see a quarterback not sliding everytime a defender comes within 10 yards of him. i was impressed with O'Sullivan as well.