2007 E-A-G-L-E-S Thread

Aug 27, 2002
Bensalem, PA via Souf Philly
I saw that 18,000 people were at camp on Friday for the first day of full contact.

The city is chomping at the bit for the season to start.

If they stay healthy, I see them Winning the Division again, and Playing in the NFC Championship game.

I am very excited about the upcoming season, how 'bout you?

Philly loser

Wackbag Elder Statesman
Oct 12, 2002
Limerick, Pa
I'm always excited for the season.

I think the defense will be improved this year and they have a shot of making a run at it.

I'm thinking about going to camp on Tuesday, but I have to see if I can make it work.

Ballbuster1

In The Danger Zone...
Wackbag Staff
Aug 26, 2002
Your house, behind the couch
But, of course! As long as the team stays healthy they can win it all.
I just hope McNabb doesn't rush back too quickly. Let Kolb and Feely
do the heavy lifting in preseason play.
As they found out last year by not overworking Westbrook too early that
he was a big factor in the 2nd half of the year when they really needed him.
And they need to stick with the pass/run game they used. It worked well
for them and has been proven sucessful.

mikeybot

SPANAKOPITA!!!
Jul 25, 2005
philly
Hopefully Reid remembers that they need to have a running game.
That being said, if Westbrook goes down, they're fucked.

Buddahman7

I don't wanna fade away
Oct 26, 2004
It was a beautiful thing seeing my Saints take out the Iggles in the playoffs last year. Being in the middle of Eagle country here, and watching the game with a bunch of their fans.

But anyway, I gotta say those were probably two of the best games of the season last year to watch. So hopefully we will get to see the same this year when they meet up.

Possibly twice. I could see the two in a playoff match at the end of the year. Even an NFC Champ game.

Wilmington WOW

The Emmitt Till of Wackbag
Oct 4, 2004
Wilmington, DE
18000 at training camp
best fans in the league
we need B Dawk healthy
cant wait for the first game and tailgate

Philly loser

Wackbag Elder Statesman
Oct 12, 2002
Limerick, Pa
I went to camp on Tuesday.

I know it's just camp and the QB has a red "do not touch me" jersey on, but Donovan looked great. The zip on his ball compared to Feeley, Kolb and Holcomb was ridiculous. He is clearly in a different league with that arm. Hopefully, his knee is strong and ready. The arm is definitely healthy.

Jevon Kearse was unstoppable in the O-Line/D-Line drills. Bunkley looked really good too. On the O-Line side, Winston Justice looked very good. He was a wall. Andrews injury really worries me though.

One non-name guy worth noting for me was Jason Avant. He looked big and held everything thrown to him. I didn't follow him at Michigan and he didn't get a lot of time last year, but I think he could be a productive reserve. He looks like he has great hands.

Lastly, my amateur eyes thought that Will James looked very good in the 3-on-3 amd 11-on-11 drills. It was only a few minutes of watching, but he looked better than Sheldon Brown for the short time during these drills.

I know it's pre-season, but I'm already psyched for this Monday's game.

FAngel

I Drink YOUR Milkshake!
Mar 2, 2005
Bethlehem, PA
I thought I would post this here because I didn't want to start a thread just drawing attention to myself.

I work at a certain medical facility in the area - I'm not going to say which one, because I could get my ass fired, possibly even worse for revealing it. Anyway, Brian Dawkins got a little roughed up and was sent to us to have an exam. I can't say why or what he had done, but I can tell you after seeing the results that he's fine.

Since you've never seen me post much in the sports section, let alone the Eagles threads, you'll know that I'm not really the biggest fan of pro football. I'm more of a fan of the college games, but the sport itself is fine by me--Jesus Christ, babbling asshole I am-- anyway, the people at work are losing their shit because of this. It's one thing if some rookie schmuck comes in, but this is fucking Brian Dawkins. It was like the whole office stopped functioning.

Dawkins was sitting in the holding area after his exam, secluded from the rest of the rubes in the waiting room. I felt kinda bad for him...he just had this look like he wanted to get back out on the field with the rest of the team as quick as he could. Coupled with the fact that my girlfriend is an absolute fanatic who doesn't miss one game on TV, I went up to him and basically said "Mr. Dawkins, I have to be honest - I'm not the most passionate fan of your team, but I have a hell of a lot of respect for everything you've accomplished on the field, and I hope you're able to get back out there as soon as possible." He shook hands with me and gave a quick "thank you," which was followed by me saying "My girlfriend, though, absolutely loves you, and if she finds out I met you without getting your autograph, she will kill me...so for the sake of my life, would you mind signing?" I got a laugh out of him and he gave me his autograph on the nearest Staples memo pad I could find.

I haven't dealt with too many professional athletes before, so I don't know if this sort of experience is the norm, but Brian Dawkins was easily the most considerate of any major sport player I've ever encountered. He signed for and talked to everyone who came up to him, including the fat soccer mom cunts who don't even know how many yards are in a first down. He might come off as a cocky motherfucker in interviews and on the field, but anyone who can fucking suplex a guy on the field (thanks to Youtube for letting me see that) and then act like he did toward me is a hell of a guy. I might even go out and get a jersey after this.

Glenn Dandy

THE ONLY WHITE PRESIDENT LEFT.
Mar 21, 2005
Wackbag Whitehouse.
If a pack of African Swallows swoop down, Pick up McNab and drop him in the ocean... I smell SUPERBOWL.

Philly loser

Wackbag Elder Statesman
Oct 12, 2002
Limerick, Pa
FAngel - Very cool post. I heard that he had a minor injury, but was fine. The report I read said that if it was the regular season, he would be on the field, but since it's camp, they're being cautious. Let's face it, B Dawk doesn't need camp at this point in his career.
Also, I've never heard anything bad about Dawkins. He is a lunatic on the field, but I've always heard he is a pretty laid back and nice guy off the field.
Very cool story. Thanks for sharing.

DANDY! For the first time, I disagree with you. I know McNabb has his haters, but I am not one of them. Plus, the options of Feeley, Kolb or Holcomb don't excite me. And, for anyone who wants to throw the Garcia thing out there, he did a very nice job last year. But, for the first time under Andy Reid, they also ran a balanced offense. Give Donovan the same opportunity. Andy gets messed up when he sees that cannon that Donovan has and tries to use it on every play.

(Oh, and let me amend that comment about the first time I've disagreed with GD. I'm thinking about some of his posts right now, and maybe I should re-read all of them before I make that blanket statement.)

Kugzilla

Roar. Go: Eagles, Flyers, Philles, Buckeyes, etc.
Oct 7, 2005
Northern Virginia
Made it to camp for a bit last week-awesome event that everyone should check out.

I think it's all about Westbrook and the team staying healthy. And maybe running the ball 1-2 times a game

mikeybot

SPANAKOPITA!!!
Jul 25, 2005
philly
Made it to camp for a bit last week-awesome event that everyone should check out.

I think it's all about Westbrook and the team staying healthy. And maybe running the ball 1-2 times a game
Perhaps more than that Kugzilla

LameScreenName

"That Guy" at the party.
Aug 18, 2004
nj
I'm a Giant fan, but I got stuck with McNabb and Westbrook on my fantasy team, so they better do good!!! Except against the Giants

Philly loser

Wackbag Elder Statesman
Oct 12, 2002
Limerick, Pa
I never understand that. This is my first year not playing fantasy in 19 or 20 years. I never once took a giant or cowboy, just because I could never root for them.
Anyway, looking forward to seeing some of the starters for a little while tomorrow night. I also want to see the Austalian rules football punter and Nate Ilaoa.

Ballbuster1

In The Danger Zone...
Wackbag Staff
Aug 26, 2002
Steve Van Buren the greatest Eagle player of all time?
The Inquirer today published a list of the 75 best players
for the Birds ever. A subjective list I guess.
I would have put Reggie White at the top. He got #2.

The top 10 since the list isn't on line yet:
1-Steve Van Buren
2-Reggie White
3-Chuck Bednarik
4-Tommy McDonald
5-Brian Dawkins
6-Wilbert Montgomery
7-Pete Philos
8-Bob Brown
9-Donovan McNabb
10-Bill Bergey

Philly loser

Wackbag Elder Statesman
Oct 12, 2002
Limerick, Pa
I didn't see the list. I'll have to check it out online. I would tend to agree with you about Reggie, but I never saw the oldtimers play. If Ray Didinger was involved with the list, I respect it. That man is a human Eagle encyclopedia

Ballbuster1

In The Danger Zone...
Wackbag Staff
Aug 26, 2002
The panel consisted of:
Ed Rendell
Ron Jaworski
Mike Quick
Troy Vincent
Bill Bergey
Bill Mackrides
Jim Gallagher
Phil Sheridan
Ashley Fox

Philly loser

Wackbag Elder Statesman
Oct 12, 2002
Limerick, Pa
Take away Rendell and it's an okay group. R Diddy would have added some good knowledge though.
Thanks for the find BB.

Glenn Dandy

Mar 21, 2005
Wackbag Whitehouse.
DANDY! For the first time, I disagree with you. I know McNabb has his haters, but I am not one of them. Plus, the options of Feeley, Kolb or Holcomb don't excite me. And, for anyone who wants to throw the Garcia thing out there, he did a very nice job last year. But, for the first time under Andy Reid, they also ran a balanced offense. Give Donovan the same opportunity. Andy gets messed up when he sees that cannon that Donovan has and tries to use it on every play.
give him a chance? how many fucking years is it 8 now he has proven that he cant handle the big game? even after a AJFeely brought them there? with straight wins... until chocolate thunder came in and lost?

dude!

disagree with me fine but, I'm rarly wrong.

3 games, Donnie will suck, then get injured... If the eagles have a brain wich they don't they put in feely again... and nomatter what let Don ride the bench to loser town.

last year Garcia did ok, but Feely , for no reason I can understand doesnt play is beyond me... When he lead the eagles it was straight wins.... why play someone else when the fucking guy wins ball games,,,, I refuse to discuss Eagles football, its a circus.

last post.

GO BIRDS!

Bob

Go Drunk.
Jan 20, 2005
South Jersey
give him a chance? how many fucking years is it 8 now he has proven that he cant handle the big game? even after a AJFeely brought them there? with straight wins... until chocolate thunder came in and!
Your one of those eagle fans, jump on the wagon when you feel need. But then again your from Blackwood right?

AJ Feely didnt bring the eagles to the super bowl, you fair weather fan.

Glenn Dandy

Mar 21, 2005
Wackbag Whitehouse.
dude, jump on the bandwagon?

Ive been watching the Eagles lose for most of my life.. Im a pure philly team devote....I hate their politics, I hate their decisions, but... I bleed green, orange,and red. fuck the sixas.

Even if they do suck.

I have no idea where your comming from... because McNab has lost every important game since he got here, Im a bandwagoner for saying he blows?

I'll have you know sir, I sat in the snow covered vet as a kid watching Joworski reighn suckyness from below. band wagon? NOT!

P.S whats wrong with blackwood? lol If your close enough I will take you on a tour of my closet, Eagles Jerseys dating back to Thrash< well, thatsthe first year I could afford one.

Anyone wanna buy a TO Jersey? Hardly used.

Philly loser

Wackbag Elder Statesman
Oct 12, 2002
Limerick, Pa
GD, I knew that was you as the snow covered kid in the stands during Invincible. Nice job!

As for McNabb, I think we'll have to agree to disagree.

LameScreenName

"That Guy" at the party.
Aug 18, 2004
nj
I actually do think that drafting that QB Kolb in the second round was a good idea, once McNabb gets injured again and goes the way of Culpepper. He could be starting in a few years.

Glenn Dandy

Mar 21, 2005
Wackbag Whitehouse.
AJ Feely didnt bring the eagles to the super bowl, you fair weather fan.
REALLY?
A fifth-round draft pick by the Eagles in 2001, Feeley started five games in 2002 and led the Eagles to a 5-1 record down the stretch to help the Eagles clinch the No. 1 seed in the NFC playoffs.

With Donovan McNabb recovering from a broken leg, and with Detmer sidelined with an elbow injury, Feeley completed 86 of 154 passes for 1,011 yards, 6 touchdowns and 5 interceptions.

Feeley did not take a snap the following season, 2003, as McNabb returned to full health and played 16 games.

Ohh, sorry, McDouche returned just in time to roooon, the chance of any future wins. I couldnt believe they took a guy out with a 5-1 record in the stretch to put ol vommitface back in.

lets hope the politicaly correct eagles decide to make decisions to win, instead of being pussies about it... hoo hoo, I invented franchise players robin..

Its like Lindross,,, these assholes made a mistake paid WAY to much for someone who ended up sucking and they just cant face the music and put in the best players.