2007 New York Jets Thread

May 7, 2003
Hicksville NY
I searched and didn't see a thread yet....

I hate to start this with a negative post....

But I've had enough of Pete Kendall and his fucking whining....Cut this cancer before he becomes a problem....We got a young nucleus and a young head coach...We don't need his shit.....

Anyway training camp start's today and Curtis announced his retirement yesterday:(

I look foward to being in the stands this year when they retire his number...The man deserves it

Perch1019

Oct 4, 2004
White Plains, NY
But I've had enough of Pete Kendall and his fucking whining....Cut this cancer before he becomes a problem....We got a young nucleus and a young head coach...We don't need his shit.....
Didnt the Jets resurrect his career after a bunch of teams didnt want him?
Did the top draft pick sign yet?

Im setting my expectations at 9-7. I dont know if its my pure hate for the Pats but I just can not see them being as great as everyone is making them out to be. Moss is big for them but a couple overthrown balls from Brady and he tears that locker room apart.

N.Y. Johnny

Fake Twitter Friend
Sep 9, 2005
Texas
Martin was great and I'm sad to see a great guy go. That being said we'll see what Thomas Jones does, hopefully he'll take over nicely.

Kendall is an ass and should be let go, fuck him. He has the same agent as Revis I think and he still hasn't signed as of yet.

Whats the over under this year in 07' for Pennington to finish the season? does he make 8 games, does he make 4? does he get out of the preseason? Last year making a full season was a fucking miracle but do we really think it will happen again?

badcellphoneguy

Kansas City...Kansas City here they come!
Jul 18, 2005
Wantagh, LI
I was hoping Woody Johnson would have given him a piece of the team. I would like to see Curtis Martin perhaps buy the NY Dragons of the Arena Football League. Would really be a great shot in the arm for the team.

Thanks again Woody for moving the Jets completely to NJ. Asshole.

May 7, 2003
Hicksville NY
Great Lavernus Coles is on Oprah right now talking about being molested as a child....WTF??

May 7, 2003
Hicksville NY
Jesus Pennington looked awful tonight...Oh well....It's only preseason

E

Eddie Vedder

Great Lavernus Coles is on Oprah right now talking about being molested as a child....WTF??
Dude it's from 2005. And also Adrian Clarke looked like shit last night. Our O-Line really need to step the fuck up.

May 7, 2003
Hicksville NY
Dude it's from 2005. And also Adrian Clarke looked like shit last night. Our O-Line really need to step the fuck up.
I knew I had heard something about this in the past but my gf told me it was on and I never saw the interview....

I hope they can work something out with Kendall...Sure he's being a pain in the ass, but we really need him on that line

Anyway I just hope they get there shit together by week 1 or it's gonna be an ugly one....And won't get any easier going into Baltimore

madbam

I'm on da Zoloft..........
Aug 2, 2001
Poughkeepsie, NY
It looks like fuckin Kendall is the reason they lost to the Vikes:

Ultimately, two sources said, Kendall isn't expected to be cut until Sept. 1, the final roster cutdown before the regular season. According to one player, the feeling is that the Jets don't want to give Kendall any extra time to get acclimated to a new team, especially in the strong likelihood that Kendall will sign with the Dolphins.
Kendall irritated Jets coach Eric Mangini earlier this week when he canceled a mandatory lifting session the Jets had scheduled for Saturday after playing Minnesota in an exhibition game.
Kendall, who also is the team's player rep for the NFL Players Association, pointed out to Mangini that the team had not received enough mandatory off days in the early part of training camp. Kendall then pushed the point by demanding that Mangini announce the day off before the Minnesota game rather than allowing Mangini to make the day off seem like a reward for excellent effort.

[/COLOR]
Kendall, who is entering his 12th season, expressed annoyance earlier in the week when he worked at center in practice. On Friday, he botched two snaps, including one that led to a defensive touchdown for the Vikings.
All this is a continuation of a long-running feud between the Jets and Kendall over his request for an additional $1 million in base salary for this season. New York declined the request, prompting an angry response from Kendall, who twice has renegotiated his contract to help the Jets against the salary cap. Kendall is scheduled to earn $1.7 million in base salary this season, although he likely will earn much more if he is released because many teams have so much cap room.
Kendall has been outspoken in his criticism of the team. In turn, the Jets put Kendall in the rookie dorm at the beginning of training camp. Kendall also had to play with the second unit on offense in the exhibition opener and has played in the second half of both exhibition games, a relatively unheard of practice for a player with Kendall's resume.

tscho123

long time listener first time poster
Oct 17, 2005
nj
well its final
http://www.newyorkjets.com/blog/posts/pete-kendall-traded-to-the-redskins

Pete Kendall Traded to the Redskins
Published: Thu, August 23, 11:59am EST

By Randy Lange
Lange is editor-in-chief of newyorkjets.com. He covered the Jets for 13 years for The Record of Hackensack, N.J.

File Under: Trade, Mike Tannenbaum, Pete Kendall, Washington Redskins, Randy Thomas

change font email article
Real Player Not Found
Sorry. You do not have RealPlayer installed or your version is out-of-date.

Click here to install the latest RealPlayer so you can enjoy Jets multimedia.

08/23 — The Jets are in the process of completing a trade with the Washington Redskins for 12th-year-veteran guard Pete Kendall.

"We reached agreement in principle to trade Pete Kendall to the Redskins last night," said Jets head coach Eric Mangini in announcing the trade at his late morning news conference today. "Obviously each night Mike [Tannenbaum] and I meet, get together and discuss possibilities. When this deal presented itself, we thought it was a good opportunity." He said he expects the trade to be finalized today.

Mangini declined to disclose what the Jets will receive in compensation from the Redskins, their frequent trading partners lately, saying "We keep those things internal," but he stressed, "We were really comfortable with the value we got in the trade."

The coach said he met with Kendall on Wednesday night as the deal was coming together.

"I wished him well and he thanked me," Mangini said. "It was a really good, positive conversation. ... I've said a lot of times I did value the contributions Pete made. He did a lot of good work last year. Talking to him last night, I thanked him for those contributions and wished him well."

The trade puts the Jets' left guard position in the hands of Adrien Clarke, who started the first two preseason games; sixth-round rookie Jacob Bender, who has been getting reps with the first offense this week, and Wade Smith, who has played the position before.

"Guys have worked with the first group, the second group, inside, outside. That's a standard part of what we do. Just because that changes within a day or a few practices, there's no specific meaning there," Mangini said of Clarke's and Bender's time at the position. "We've played rookies on the offensive line, and rookies have come in and done a good job. It's not unique to the Jets or to my experience. I feel very comfortable with the depth we have there."

Kendall is now in position to move in at starting left guard on an O-line that already has Randy Thomas, a Jets starter from 1999-2002, starting at right guard.

Also listed on the Redskins' left guard depth chart are Todd Wade, the one-time Dolphins second-round pick, and Jason Fabini, a starting tackle on the Jets from 1998-2005. In fact, Fabini started at LT alongside Kendall in 17 of the Green & White's 18 games in 2004 and the first three games of '05. Having left the Cowboys for the Redskins, Fabini is now listed only as a guard.

Other former Jets on the 'Skins roster include WR Santana Moss, S Omar Stoutmire and LB Khary Campbell.

The Dolphins also had been rumored to be interested in Kendall. The Jets didn't trade him within the AFC East, but they did send him to a team they will face in Game 9 on Nov. 4 at the Meadowlands.

This is the third trade the Jets have executed with Washington since Tannenbaum became general manager. Last year the Jets acquired QB Patrick Ramsey for a sixth-round pick and on draft day they swapped their second-round pick, 35th overall, for the Redskins' second- and sixth-round picks in that draft and the 37th pick in the 2007 draft, which the Jets ultimately traded to the Bears to acquire RB Thomas Jones.

We'll have more on the Kendall trade and the reaction from the Jets players following today's closed practice that is scheduled to begin at 12:15 p.m.

N.Y. Johnny

Fake Twitter Friend
Sep 9, 2005
Texas
Well Kendall is out, fuck the guy. Can't force the bastard to be there if he didn't want to be.

Mesothelioma

Formerly Fatty_Pneumonia
Aug 2, 2006
Bloomfield, NJ
big win versus the gints tonight.

personally i've had enough of pennington. He has no arm left and is always lobbing the balls to the wide-outs and almost getting them decapitated. kellen clemens looked pretty good tonight. maybe it's time for a change.

May 7, 2003
Hicksville NY
big win versus the gints tonight.

personally i've had enough of pennington. He has no arm left and is always lobbing the balls to the wide-outs and almost getting them decapitated. kellen clemens looked pretty good tonight. maybe it's time for a change.

Ohhh slow down....The guy was comeback player of the year with 10 wins with basically no running game....Let's not flip out yet it's preseason

N.Y. Johnny

Fake Twitter Friend
Sep 9, 2005
Texas
Ohhh slow down....The guy was comeback player of the year with 10 wins with basically no running game....Let's not flip out yet it's preseason

That was our Super Bowl. Beating the NYG. :icon_wink

JPetrucci23

Your Mom's Box
May 26, 2005
Westbury, Long Island

Perch1019

Oct 4, 2004
White Plains, NY
Whats the deal with parking this season? I have tickets for Sundays game and heard that you need a parking pass in advance. Is there a way to get one or are you shit out of luck if your not a season ticket holder

badcellphoneguy

Kansas City...Kansas City here they come!
Jul 18, 2005
Wantagh, LI
Here is the deal with parking. Whomever is the season ticket holder they must email you a copy of the parking pass. If you dont have the pass my advice is to take the bus from the port authority bus terminal. The parking is just insane.

Perch1019

Oct 4, 2004
White Plains, NY
I just bid 55$ on Ebay for the parking pass. I got the tickets for free so i figure its worth paying a little bit of money to not have to deal with shuttles. 60,000 people getting on the turnpike is bad enough. I couldnt imagine 60K getting into shuttles.

Anyone see the new stadium pics? I really dont think its anything special. Kinda like the old dump with a fresh coat of paint and more luxury suites.

N.Y. Johnny

Fake Twitter Friend
Sep 9, 2005
Texas
Anyone see the new stadium pics? I really dont think its anything special. Kinda like the old dump with a fresh coat of paint and more luxury suites.

Yeah I'm not too crazy about it myself. Too bad the West Side Stadium deal fell through.