2007 NFL Season Thread

Jimmy's Dignity

Pound my bloody fudge!!
Staff member
Wackbag Staff
May 27, 2005
Phoenixville
Obviously we're gonna have team specific threads...but I figure we may as well start a general NFL thread so we can talk about all the games, injuries, blah blah blah that aren't just team specific.

Colts put DT McFarland on IR...will miss 2007 season
ESPN.com said:
...McFarland suffered a torn patella tendon during practice last Friday, underwent surgery Tuesday to repair the damage, and faces a long and challenging period of rehabilitation....
Refs get HD instant replay...yay

Willie McGinest to have back surgery, will miss at least 6 weeks

norton23

Opie And Anthony Always Win In The End
Dec 1, 2002
TITLE TOWN BABY!!!
Any injury to a colt is wonderfull news I LOVE IT

McFarland suffered a torn patella tendon during practice last Friday, underwent surgery Tuesday to repair the damage, and faces a long and challenging period of rehabilitation....

GO PATS!!!!!!!!!

Jimmy's Dignity

Pound my bloody fudge!!
Staff member
Wackbag Staff
May 27, 2005
Phoenixville
hahaha, I love this picture on the front of the NFL section on ESPN....

ESPN.com said:

Kellen Winslow is looking to build off a promising 2006 season.
apparently by dropping the ball!
:haha7: :haha7: :haha7:

jagsfans

Dec 26, 2005
Jacksonville FL
My jags OL allowed 2 sacks on the opening drive. Granted B. Leftwich has the mobility of wearing cement boots.

Miami's offense is absolute dogshit. T. Green is absolutely worthless.

LameScreenName

"That Guy" at the party.
Aug 18, 2004
nj
If the Jags wanna win this year, put Garrard as the starting QB!! The guy's been waiting for years, he deserves it.

NightStalker3

a complete moron that posts
Oct 4, 2004
HD replay for the refs might help.

Jimmy's Dignity

Pound my bloody fudge!!
Staff member
Wackbag Staff
May 27, 2005
Phoenixville
Texans lose SS Glenn Earl for all 2007...Lisfranc sprain. Same injury that knocked Strahan out last year and Westbrook a couple of years before that. Apparently they're going to bring in Shaun Williams in for a workout...could be good, I loved him as a Giant (eventhough he never lived up to the promise he had at UCLA)

Cardinals likely to be without OT Oliver Ross & LB Chike Okeafor for the entire season
ESPN.com said:
The Arizona Cardinals and first-year coach Ken Whisenhunt could be forced to play the entire 2007 season without a pair of starters if the injuries suffered by offensive tackle Oliver Ross and linebacker Chike Okeafor are as severe as early signs indicate.

Follow-up examinations of both players on Sunday showed that Okeafor suffered a torn left biceps and Ross a torn left triceps during Saturday night's preseason loss at Oakland. The injuries were reported by the Arizona Republic and by the team's Web site, and confirmed by sources close to both the starters.

The players are likely to seek second opinions. But if surgery is required, which is typically the case with biceps and triceps tears, they would probably miss the season. Their absences would be a huge blow to a franchise that has suffered through five straight years of double-digit losses, but was felt to be much improved in 2007.
Jaguars sign Saftey Sammy Knight to 1 year deal

Cowboys LB Greg Ellis still in major pain while recovering from last season's Achilles tear

jagsfans

Dec 26, 2005
Jacksonville FL
I like the signing of S. Knight. We need some vet leadership in the backfield. No one can RUN against our Defense, but we also need to keep the passing game in check.

Jimmy's Dignity

Pound my bloody fudge!!
Staff member
Wackbag Staff
May 27, 2005
Phoenixville

Hoagie

I suggest you tread lightly
Wackbag Staff
Mar 24, 2004
Your Mom's box
Wow! Someone is obsessed. And he's a picture hack.

Jimmy's Dignity

Pound my bloody fudge!!
Staff member
Wackbag Staff
May 27, 2005
Phoenixville
Initial Power Rankings are out

ESPN.com said:
Power Rankings: Patriots a clear No. 1

Maybe it's the acquisition of Randy moss, Adalius Thomas and others in a surprisingly active offseason. Maybe it's the proven leadership of Tom Brady. Or maybe it's just that the Patriots are due, having failed to reach the Super Bowl the past two seasons, an eternity in the Bill Belichick era.

No matter the reason, the Patriots will enter 2007 wearing the label as the NFL's best team. In the balloting for our preseason power rankings, each of the voters put the Pats atop his respective list, a clear indication that mercurial Moss is expected to toe the line (or at least minimize his distractions) under his Beilchick.

If Moss does, the Patriots could be celebrating their fourth Super Bowl title this decade. If he doesn't? Well, there are plenty of other championship-caliber teams waiting in the wings, including the defending champion Colts and a Chargers team(and new coach) with plenty to prove.

On the other side of the spectrum, Michael Vick's troubles obviously put the Falcons in a free fall, as out experts moved Atlanta from No. 19 in the offseason to No. 31, just ahead fo the Browns.

1. Patriots
  2. Colts
  3. Chargers
  4. Bears
  5. Ravens
  6. Saints
  7. Eagles
  8. Cowboys
  9. Broncos
  10. Seahawks
  11. Bengals
  12. Jaguars
  13. Steelers
  14. Jets
  15. Panthers
  16. 49ers
  17. Rams
  18. Giants
  19. Redskins
  20. Dolphins
  21. Bills
  22. Titans
  23. Cardinals
  24. Packers
  25. Lions
  26. Chiefs
  27. Vikings
  28. Buccaneers
  29. Texans
  30. Raiders
  31. Falcons
  32. Browns

weakside

He was stupid. I was lucky. I will visit him soon.
Dec 9, 2004
California
think the Chiefs and the Buccaneers (sorry Fez) will battle it out for the title of worst team this year.

Creampier

I have to return some videotapes!
May 11, 2007
Somerville, NJ
I think the Falcons will take that title sir. The Chiefs are a perennial 7-9 team. I think the uber-masculine Jeff Garcia will keep the Bucs to at least a 6-10 or 7-9.
My Gints could be in the mix too.

Jimmy's Dignity

Pound my bloody fudge!!
Staff member
Wackbag Staff
May 27, 2005
Phoenixville
I think the Falcons will take that title sir. The Chiefs are a perennial 7-9 team. I think the uber-masculine Jeff Garcia will keep the Bucs to at least a 6-10 or 7-9.
My Gints could be in the mix too.
Oh ye of little faith....Giants could have a top 10 pick this next season, but just outside of the top talent

I'm gonna go like this for next year's draft

N.Y. Johnny

Fake Twitter Friend
Sep 9, 2005
Texas
Oh ye of little faith....Giants could have a top 10 pick this next season, but just outside of the top talent

I'm gonna go like this for next year's draft

Switch the Raiders with the Texans and I agree with this pretty much.

jagsfans

Dec 26, 2005
Jacksonville FL
Jags are likely cutting Leftwich. This is bad news for anyone stupid enough to draft him in any fantasy leagues. The fucking Jags could;ve drafted Brady Quinn late in the draft if they were this unsure about Leftwich.