2007 NHL Offseason Thread

FAZ8218

Good eeeeeeeevening.
Wackbag Staff
The person who should be most happy about this move is Dion Phaneuf. Keenan made guys like Zubov and Pronger the powerhouses that they are. On the other hand Amonte & Huselius might be bitter towards him. And who knows what his relationship with Kiprusoff will be.
Alex Tanguay might be another one who may not fit into Keenan's scheme. Hmmm trade maybe? Tanguay for Jokkinen?

FAZ8218

Good eeeeeeeevening.
Wackbag Staff
It's not definite still, obviously. Balsillie is using this deposit event to try to prove to the league that the area can support a third team and that it is a sound business decision. I don't know why the league just doesnt put their foot down and say "no". Considering you're taking another team out of the West. Who from the East are you gonna move West now? This doesn't make sense, move the fucking team to Winnepeg and stop making the same fucking mistakes over and over.

I would love to see another team in either Ontario or a return to Winnipeg.

Ottawa is trying to unload Martin Gerber. Wonder if there will be any takers.

FAZ8218

Good eeeeeeeevening.
Wackbag Staff
I would love to see another team in either Ontario or a return to Winnipeg.

Ottawa is trying to unload Martin Gerber. Wonder if there will be any takers.
Phoenix is trying to unload CuJo, I would imagine that Phoenix would go after either Gerber or Manny Fernandez who is definitely out of Minnesota after they signed Backstrom. Rumors also have it that Vokoun may be leaving Nashville. I guess you just need to look around the league and see who needs a goalie more.

Phoenix is trying to unload CuJo, I would imagine that Phoenix would go after either Gerber or Manny Fernandez who is definitely out of Minnesota after they signed Backstrom. Rumors also have it that Vokoun may be leaving Nashville. I guess you just need to look around the league and see who needs a goalie more.
There are lots of teams interested, but the 3.5 mil contract will be hard to sell.

Begbie

Wackbag Generalissimo
It's not definite still, obviously. Balsillie is using this deposit event to try to prove to the league that the area can support a third team and that it is a sound business decision. I don't know why the league just doesnt put their foot down and say "no". Considering you're taking another team out of the West. Who from the East are you gonna move West now? This doesn't make sense, move the fucking team to Winnepeg and stop making the same fucking mistakes over and over.
Considering Balsillie hasn't officially been approved as owner of the Preds, then I guess you're right. He also may be using this as evidence that hockey would do just fine there...hoping he'd get a flood of season ticket holders. It's a tough call. That's big time hockey country between Toronto and Buffalo though. The Leafs have what, a 10-year waiting list for season tickets...and I know I heard Buffalo's got over 14,000 holders and 6,000 more on a waiting list. Not to mention, it's about a 45 minute drive from Toronto and a little over an hour from Buffalo. But I don't see the NHL wanting a team there, I dunno.

The divisions/conferences need realigning anyway. I still can't understand why Dallas is in the Pacific Division...even Washington's not a Southeast city. I wouldn't mind going back to the classic Patrick Division/Wales Conference set up, instead of these geographical terms.

Speaking of, I don't even think I can name all of the old divisions and the teams on them...I totally forget. And I'm talking before the 90's expansion franchises and before Toronto came to the Eastern Conference. I know the Wales and Campbell Conference. Patrick, Smythe Divisions. Norris Division? What's the other one? The Isles, Rangers, Devils, Flyers, and Caps were in the Patrick. I'm guessing Boston, Montreal, Buffalo, Pittsburgh, Quebec, and Hartford were in the other. That may be wrong. I'm totally clueless on the Campbell Conference.

This is horse shit. The awards on my guide says it's on from 7-9. Nhl.com says 7:30 on VS, then I hear they changed it to 8. Then at 8 a scroll at the bottom says "The NHL awards originally scheduled for 7 est will now air at 11"

The awards are up on NHL.com if you really want to see them. No huge surprises really.

The divisions/conferences need realigning anyway. I still can't understand why Dallas is in the Pacific Division...even Washington's not a Southeast city. I wouldn't mind going back to the classic Patrick Division/Wales Conference set up, instead of these geographical terms.

Speaking of, I don't even think I can name all of the old divisions and the teams on them...I totally forget. And I'm talking before the 90's expansion franchises and before Toronto came to the Eastern Conference. I know the Wales and Campbell Conference. Patrick, Smythe Divisions. Norris Division? What's the other one? The Isles, Rangers, Devils, Flyers, and Caps were in the Patrick. I'm guessing Boston, Montreal, Buffalo, Pittsburgh, Quebec, and Hartford were in the other. That may be wrong. I'm totally clueless on the Campbell Conference.

As far as Washington and Dallas are concerned, well it's not going to be perfect. Some teams are going to be a little further out, there's nothing you can do about that.

OLD DIVISIONS

PATRICK DIVISION- Rangers, Islanders, Devils, Penguins, Flyers, Capitals. (The only division that had 6 teams)

ADAMS DIVISION- Bruins, Canadiens, Sabres, Whalers, Nordiques

NORRIS DIVISION- Blues, Blackhawks, Northstars, Mapleleafs, Redwings

SMYTHE DIVISION- Kings, Flames, Oilers, Jets, Canucks

Begbie

Wackbag Generalissimo
As far as Washington and Dallas are concerned, well it's not going to be perfect. Some teams are going to be a little further out, there's nothing you can do about that.

OLD DIVISIONS

PATRICK DIVISION- Rangers, Islanders, Devils, Penguins, Flyers, Capitals. (The only division that had 6 teams)

Wow, that brings back memories. Damn, they had enough teams for only four divisions back then...now they need six!

Not only that...the team furtherest south was Los Angeles...then St. Louis...then what...Washington, DC? With the exception of Minnesota and Columbus...the NHL has moved teams or expanded south into Miami, Tampa, Raleigh, Dallas, San Jose, Phoenix, Atlanta, Anaheim, Nashville, and Denver...all in the span of what, 6 years? And look how well the NHL has grown and expanded. Great job Gary!

Begbie

Wackbag Generalissimo
This is horse shit. The awards on my guide says it's on from 7-9. Nhl.com says 7:30 on VS, then I hear they changed it to 8. Then at 8 a scroll at the bottom says "The NHL awards originally scheduled for 7 est will now air at 11"
I heard something about Vs. using the CBC feed, which has the awards show on tape delay due to the Hasim Rahman/Tyrus Skyes fight.

Oh and what a shock, the pride of Canada, a member of the Barenaked Ladies is doing the interviews. What, was Five For Fighting busy? Ugh.

The Barenaked Ladies guy just had a zinger! Joe Sakic mentioned being very superstitious...and the fag said, "very superstitious...like Stevie Wonder!" HAHAHA!! Eh, what a hoot.

Ol' Busted Face Brindamour wins the Selke again, of course, why wouldnt he. Faggots.

Begbie

Wackbag Generalissimo
Brinda'mour didn't even have a good season. Pahlsson, eeven Pandolfo deserved it more. Doesn't Gary Bettman look like a mouse?

Hoagie

I suggest you tread lightly
Wackbag Staff
At least they got the Pearson, the Hart, and the Calder right. :icon_mrgr

FAZ8218

Good eeeeeeeevening.
Wackbag Staff
I'm so happy Vigneault won the Jack Adams. His French/English speech was classy too. and.. WHO IS THE CHICK NEXT TO LUONGO?!?!?! WHAT A RACK.

flyerfan116

Fuckin savages
Briere, Drury and now Gomez are all up for grabs...Holgrem I want one of them...and a few more defensemen...i don't get the re-signing of Nittymaki for 2 years....i think his head will be too fucked up to be a consistent back up so Biron better stay healthy

flyerfan116

Fuckin savages

OLD DIVISIONS

i say we go back to 20-21 teams get rid of shit like nashville, columbus, etc
more quality players on less teams = better hockey