Jul 27, 2006
jersey
we start thursday actually, sawx game tomorrow

AL is all killer teams, going to be tough. cant wait for it though

BaLZaC~308

ONE OF THE COOL KIDS
Sep 27, 2006
staten
my bad, I couldve sworn I read they started wednesday the other night.

Anyone else got tickets to any of the games?

I'm going Alds game 4 and Alcs game 5... hopefully

mik3

fornicating madly
Mar 29, 2004
732 Jersey
Looks like it's going to be,
ARod
Jeter
Posada
Cano
Damon
Melky
Dougie
Matsui
Abreu

Wang
Pettitte
Clemens
Mussina

Mo
Joba
Viz
Farnsworth
Villone
Ohlendorf
Hughes
Britton/Veras

Duncan
Molina
Sardinha
Betemit

LilJimmyRbinson

Best muppet ever
Nov 19, 2004
RI
Not overly concerned with the Indians. It'll be tough, but not impossible. Don't want to get too hyped up based on the last two years DS.

In the other series, I hope it goes 5 games with every game going at least 13 innings. My two least favorite teams in baseball. How can I pick a winner?

mik3

fornicating madly
Mar 29, 2004
732 Jersey
The DS is the main thing with this team at this point.

Five game series suck, but I'd take the Yankees against any team in baseball in a seven game series.

mik3

fornicating madly
Mar 29, 2004
732 Jersey
In the biggest surprise of the year Steve Phillips picked the Yankees to get shut down in the ALDS.

BaLZaC~308

ONE OF THE COOL KIDS
Sep 27, 2006
staten
In the biggest surprise of the year Steve Phillips picked the Yankees to get shut down in the ALDS.
I know both teames aren't the same since the last time they played BUT something has to be saud for the yanks regular season record against the tribe

TUESDAY, APRIL 17 at Yankee Stadium (YANKEES WIN, 10-3)
WEDNESDAY, APRIL 18 at Yankee Stadium (YANKEES WIN, 9-2)
THURSDAY, APRIL 19 at Yankee Stadium (YANKEES WIN, 8-6)
FRIDAY, AUGUST 10 at Cleveland's Jacobs Field (YANKEES WIN, 6-1)
SATURDAY, AUGUST 11 at Cleveland's Jacobs Field (YANKEES WIN, 11-2)
SUNDAY, AUGUST 12 at Cleveland's Jacobs Field (YANKEES WIN, 5-3)

All but 2 of the games were fucking blowouts, I know this doesn't mean much since it's the postseason and both teams have been playing good ball the last month (the yanks have been playing really good for a few months) but you have to feel pretty good about this series

Jimmy's Dignity

Pound my bloody fudge!!
Staff member
Wackbag Staff
May 27, 2005
Phoenixville
...All but 2 of the games were fucking blowouts, I know this doesn't mean much since it's the postseason and both teams have been playing good ball the last month (the yanks have been playing really good for a few months) but you have to feel pretty good about this series
unless you're a failed GM from Queens

Perch1019

Oct 4, 2004
White Plains, NY
The Giambino didnt make the roster?

Michael Kay mentioned about 100 times over the last week that over the last couple years a team that won the season series VS the team they played in the playoffs had a losing record.
This series worries me just like the Tigers did last year. The one thing I think they have going for them is that unlike the Tigers, people are giving the Indians a shot. Noone thought the Tigers would win a game and well that didnt work out so well.
Im a little sad that the season is over since I pretty much watched every single game and now find that at 7pm, I got nothing to watch anymore. This was by far and away one of the wildest seasons I can ever remember. I went through the Yankee thread and to see some of the things posted before the All Star break and some of them are horrid.
Regardless of how anything works out, at least we're not Mets fans.

mik3

fornicating madly
Mar 29, 2004
732 Jersey
True, that was my speculation, he probably makes it over a pitcher.

mik3

fornicating madly
Mar 29, 2004
732 Jersey
It's pretty well known that Lugo beat his wife.

Mabely originally contended that Julio punched her in the neck and slammed her face into the windshield of their car, spidering the glass and leaving blood smears. Julio contested that he was acting in self-defense by blocking an attack by his wife, who hit herself and stumbled into the car, smashing her head into the windshield

mik3

fornicating madly
Mar 29, 2004
732 Jersey
True, he didn't play with your catcher when he was twice the size he currently is.