2007 Penn State Nittany Lions Thread

FAngel

I Drink YOUR Milkshake!
Mar 2, 2005
Bethlehem, PA
Why the FUCK wasn't this thread started yet?!

We rode Notre Dame hard and put 'em to bed wet tonight. Things are looking bright and sunny so far - I like this 2-0 start!

Hoagie

I suggest you tread lightly
Wackbag Staff
Mar 24, 2004
Your Mom's box
Stupid mistakes are gonna kill PSU if they aren't straightened out. I think the defense was over running plays at the start of the game but settled down and ended ND's offense. But the offense looked like they just expected to skip through that game. Morelli looked pretty good and the line gave some good protection. But the running backs looked like shit until later in the game when Scott got started. But Scott exploded for a good gain and fumbled the ball and went into a shell most of the rest of the game and just tip toed through the holes. Kinlaw looked slow and took way too long to hit the holes.

Fix the sloppy mistakes and there is no limit to where this team can go.

badcellphoneguy

Kansas City...Kansas City here they come!
Jul 18, 2005
Wantagh, LI
nice win sending charlie back to the chocolate factory!!!

We are Penn State...We are Penn State!!!

Hoffman

Guess who's back? Hoffman's back
Sep 28, 2006
Northern VA
Hoagie...couple thoughts.

Don't even worry about the defense at all. For all intense purposes the Penn State D has pitched two straight shut-outs. The ND TD is on the offense and the field goal should be on special teams for allowing Zbi to return it to the 7. I think teams have -8 rushing yards against us and less than 300 yards total offense on us, that's pretty damn impressive. Bradley stated after Saturday's game that with the defense coming together the way they are you will see them get more and more aggressive through out the season.

I wouldn't give up on the offense yet. It took the o-line 4 games to pull together in 2005 and they turned into one hell of a unit. I'm predicting something similar for this o-line, come the scUM game the offense should be firing on all cylinders. I think you also have to take into account that the coaching staff has gone very vanilla with the play calling to keep our big plays under wraps as long as possible. With scUM playing the way they are that could be for a couple more weeks, which I'm fine with.

I like us to go 12-0 regular season but losing in New Orleans to USC or LSU.

Hoagie

Wackbag Staff
Mar 24, 2004
Your Mom's box
USC and LSU look really good this year and it would be a real task to beat either of them. But that's way too far in the future. Ohio State has not looked great but they haven't shit the bed either. You can't overlook them. And I know Wisconsin didn't have a good game last week but they are still a good team. In this age of upsets it doesn't seem to matter how good you look, you can be beat. So I'm just going to take it game by game this year.

Hoagie

Wackbag Staff
Mar 24, 2004
Your Mom's box
3rd straight blowout this week. But this Buffalo team was the best team we've faced so far this year. Scott can't hold on to the ball to save his life. And we need more out of the running backs, especially going against a Michigan team that showed some life this week.

Hoffman

Guess who's back? Hoffman's back
Sep 28, 2006
Northern VA
Time to see if the playbook opens up. I would expect a lot of new stuff from the offense this week. Possibly mixing up the QB spot between Morelli and Clark and maybe even throwing Williams under center occasionally to give us that spread look. The defense seemed a little lax there in the second half last week but it wouldn't surprise me if the team was already looking ahead to Michigan.

I have a feeling that Penn State finally ends the drought this weekend.

Hoagie

Wackbag Staff
Mar 24, 2004
Your Mom's box
I'll be getting hammered and yelling obnoxiously.

Hoagie

Wackbag Staff
Mar 24, 2004
Your Mom's box
Congratulations to Tom Bradley and Galen Hall. You were handed 2 blueprints on how to beat Michigan and one on how not to beat Michigan. And they chose the one on how not to beat Michigan.

I'm done with this fucking team until these two fucking drooling morons are fired.

seeinred

White Death
Apr 29, 2007
Sterling Heights, MI
You can't just learn a spread offense in a week and implement it effectively, I imagine. Plus it doesn't seem like PSU has the kind of personnel to make it actually effective against Michigan.

Regardless, that was a hell of a game. I don't know that I've ever been that nervous when UofM had a lead at the end of a game before.

Hoagie

Wackbag Staff
Mar 24, 2004
Your Mom's box
They've been working on a spread offense since last pre-season. Last year the offense was far more wide open, and that was Morelli's first year as a starter. With the wide outs on this team it was built for a spread offense. Why the fuck would you wait all game to start running drags with Derrick Williams and getting the ball in his hands? Galen Hall is just a fucking moron.

seeinred

White Death
Apr 29, 2007
Sterling Heights, MI
Just to be clear, by improper personnel, I meant a quarterback that runs a 4.3 40 and doesn't lack melanin.

Hoagie

Wackbag Staff
Mar 24, 2004
Your Mom's box
There are other ways to create the same kind of spread offense substituting quick passes for a running QB. And if that's still a problem, then you can put Derrick Williams in the backfield and direct snap to him or put in the backup QB, Daryll Clark, who can run a 4.4 40 and has melanin aplenty. Any way you look at it the tools were there. Hall did jack shit with it.

NikkorTheMonk

Apr 26, 2005
Only 5 more weeks till we do this to Ohio, again! Share the big 10 trophy my ass, we beat you! Sorry, I hold a grudge longer then I should.

cleft_pallet

Head Muckety Muck
Apr 23, 2005
Ohio
^^^^^ Awwwww, bitter much?

Ohio State--->Going for the 3-peat.

Hoagie

Wackbag Staff
Mar 24, 2004
Your Mom's box
No one outside of Ohio recognizes Ohio State as winning the Big Ten that year.

NikkorTheMonk

Apr 26, 2005
Fucking Morelli is a retard. JoePa needs to pull his head out of his ass and fucking bench him. Fucking put in Devlin or Clark and quit fucking around you crazy old fuck!

Hoagie

Wackbag Staff
Mar 24, 2004
Your Mom's box
Fucking Morelli is a retard. JoePa needs to pull his head out of his ass and fucking bench him. Fucking put in Devlin or Clark and quit fucking around you crazy old fuck!
You gotta face reality. It doesn't matter who is at QB. And don't bother blaming JoePa for doing what he's always done by playing guys that have earned their starting position. The bottom line is that JoePa is past the point in his life where he can spend the time game planning for each game. That task has been passed on to Galen Hall and Tom Bradley, with Bradley being the guy primarily in charge. Neither of them game plan for shit. They run the same garbage they have for years no matter who they play. Everyone that plays against Penn State regularly knows what's coming all the time. This shit just isn't going to change until Bradley and Hall are gone.

NikkorTheMonk

Apr 26, 2005
Were coming for you Ohio. Just like we spanked Wisconsin today. Get your tissues ready!

Hoagie

Wackbag Staff
Mar 24, 2004
Your Mom's box
I'll give credit where credit is due. Hall opened the offense up and Morelli delivered it. And Bradley did a good job of staying disciplined and allowing Wisconsin to move the ball some without overreacting and blitzing alot. Sure they had no pressure but they forced Wisconsin to throw the ball and the secondary made the interceptions. Blitzing alot would have allowed the QB too much running room and the secondary wouldn't have been able to take the chances they had to in order to get those picks.

I'd just like to know why they waited 2 weeks too log to make these adjustment.

Hoagie

Wackbag Staff
Mar 24, 2004
Your Mom's box
they forced Wisconsin to throw the ball and the secondary made the interceptions.
What a difference a week makes. :icon_roll

Oh well. The defense has won enough games over the last 2 seasons. It's about time the offense won one.