Wackbag Staff
May 27, 2005
Here's the rosters

NFC

Offense

QB: Brett Favre - GB, Matt Hasselbeck - SEA, Tony Romo - DAL
RB: Adrian Peterson - MIN, Marion Barber - DAL, Brian Westbrook - PHI
FB: Tony Richardson - MIN
WR: Larry Fitzgerald - ARI, Terrell Owens - DAL, Donald Driver - GB, Torry Holt - StL
TE: Jason Witten - DAL, Chris Cooley - WAS
T: Flozell Adams - DAL, Walter Jones - SEA, Chris Samuels - WAS
G: Leonard Davis - DAL, Steve Hutchinson - MIN, Shawn Andrews - PHI
C: Andre Gurode - DAL, Matt Birk - MIN

Defense
DE: Aaron Kampman - GB, Patrick Kerney - SEA, Osi Umenyiora - NYG
DT: Kevin Williams - MIN, Pat Williams - MIN, Tommie Harris - CHI
OLB: Julian Peterson - SEA, DeMarcus Ware - DAL, Lance Briggs - CHI
ILB: Lofa Tatupu - SEA, Patrick Willis - SF
CB: Al Harris - GB, Marcus Trufant - SEA, Terence Newman - DAL
FS: Sean Taylor - WAS, Ken Hamlin - DAL
SS: Darren Sharper - MIN

Special Teams
P: Andy Lee - SF
PK: Nicholas Folk - DAL
KR: Devin Hester - CHI
ST: Brendon Ayanbadejo - CHI

AFC

Offense

QB: Tom Brady - NE, Peyton Manning - IND, Ben Roethlisberger - PIT
RB: LaDanian Tomlinson - SD, Joseph Addai - IND, Willie Parker - PIT
FB: Lorenzo Neal - SD
WR: Randy Moss - NE, Reggie Wayne - IND, Braylon Edwards - CLE, T.J. Houshmandzadeh - CIN
TE: Antonio Gates - SD, Tony Gonzalez - KC
T: Matt Light - NE, Jason Peters - BUF, Jonathan Ogden - BAL
G: Alan Faneca - PIT, Logan Mankins - NE, KRis Dielman - SD
C: Jeff Saturday - IND, Dan Koppen - NE

Defense
DE: Jared Allen - KC, Kyle Vanden Bosch - TEN, Jason Taylor - MIA
DT: Albert Haynesworth - TEN, Vince Wolfork - NE, Jamal Williams - SD
OLB: James Harrison - PIT, Mike Vrabel - NE, Shawne Merriman - SD
ILB: DeMeco Ryans - HOU, Ray Lewis - BAL
CB: Champ Bailey - DEN, Asante Samuel - NE, Antonio Cromartie - SD
FS: Ed Reed - BAL
SS: Bob Sanders - IND, Troy Polamalu - PIT

Special Teams
P: Shane Lechler - OAK
K: Rob Bironas - TEN
KR: Josh Cribbs - CLE
ST: Kassim Osgood - SD

mik3

fornicating madly
Mar 29, 2004
I'm a huge giants fan, hate the cowboys, but god fans are dumb voting Favre in as the starter.

Yeah, he's having a good year, and it looks amazing compared to how terrible he's been at times since about 2002 but Romo is the #1 QB in the NFC.

mik3

fornicating madly
Mar 29, 2004
Also, the AFC team probably has the best collection of WR and DBs on any one team ever.

Kid Brock

No longer VegasBrock
Jul 26, 2005
You think Sean Taylor is going to knock out the AFC punter agin this year? I say he doesn't even get of the pine and see the field.

norton23

Opie And Anthony Always Win In The End
Dec 1, 2002
Brady to Moss

Hoagie

I suggest you tread lightly
Wackbag Staff
Mar 24, 2004
Congrats to Ben and Willie. They both deserve their first trip to the pro bowl. James Harrison has had a couple pro bowl caliber games but I don't know if he should really be there. Troy has been hurt for too long and probably shouldn't have made it this year. Alan Faneca? That's just a fucking joke. The entire Steelers offensive line wouldn't deserve to be in the Chickfila Bowl.

Jimmy's Dignity

Pound my bloody fudge!!
Staff member
Wackbag Staff
May 27, 2005
I'm definitely with you on Faneca just getting there based on reputation...but I honestly think Derek Anderson is more deserving of a trip to Hawaii than Ben, but that's just me

chutzd

Jan 24, 2007
Hooray TJ. One of the other wide receivers on the AFC needs to get hurt cause Chad Johnson is the first alternate

Ronreddog

Unofficial O&A Twitter Tough Guy
May 11, 2007
What, Rex Grossman or Eli did not make it, I am crushed! :D

Glad to see Osi made it, he deserves it! :clap:

Hoagie

Wackbag Staff
Mar 24, 2004
I'm definitely with you on Faneca just getting there based on reputation...but I honestly think Derek Anderson is more deserving of a trip to Hawaii than Ben, but that's just me
Ben beat Derek Anderson. And anyone who watches the Steelers on a regular basis knows that there are very few, if any, other QBs that could have the kind of success that Ben has behind that garbage offensive line.

Hooray TJ. One of the other wide receivers on the AFC needs to get hurt cause Chad Johnson is the first alternate
And that's ridiculous too. I understand you needed to get a Bengal in there somewhere so TJ got the nod. But Chad Johnson should get no consideration of any kind. So there are so many actual deserving receivers. Not the least of which would be Hines Ward.

PartyRock24

Lingering Longer since summer of '06
May 23, 2007
I just have to say FUCK THE NFL AND THE VOTERS FRED TAYLOR SHOULD BE IN THIS GAME. HE HAS BEEN AMAZING FUCK THEM!!!!!!!!

ALSO did sean taylor really make it??
and did anyone else kind of laugh and then feel like a dick when they saw that sean taylor made it?

Perch1019

Oct 4, 2004
and did anyone else kind of laugh and then feel like a dick when they saw that sean taylor made it?
Wasnt he on the DL before he was put on the more extended one? What were his stats during the year?

Congrats on the Jets for being shut out. At least the fucking fish got one guy in there.

roche

i am lame
Wackbag Staff
May 28, 2004
11 Cowboys. No argument here. :)

On a side note how stupid is it that out backup RB makes the pro bowl and JJ gets nothing. I don't mean that as a slam on the voters, just as a slam on the fact that they still have JJ above Marion on that depth chart.

Jun 30, 2005
And that's ridiculous too. I understand you needed to get a Bengal in there somewhere so TJ got the nod. But Chad Johnson should get no consideration of any kind. So there are so many actual deserving receivers. Not the least of which would be Hines Ward.
Hoagie...sorry to tell you that Chump Johnson IS actually the #5 receiver in the AFC right now...just ahead of Wes Welker....So, it really would be Johnson who deserves to be on the team...as long as Housh is the one that gets hurt :)

BTW tom brady will be golfing....he always misses the pro bowl for the pebble beach pro am

Hoagie

Wackbag Staff
Mar 24, 2004
Hoagie...sorry to tell you that Chump Johnson IS actually the #5 receiver in the AFC right now...just ahead of Wes Welker....So, it really would be Johnson who deserves to be on the team...as long as Housh is the one that gets hurt
Receiving yardage is all well and good but should that be the deciding factor in the pro bowl? I mean he has come up small every time they needed a big performance this season. His team has been out of the playoff race for a long time and he is one of the biggest reasons why. It's easy to put up numbers as a receiver in an offense that throws the ball alot. A few big games shouldn't put you in the pro bowl when there were so many games that Johnson was was depended on and he never showed up.

Kugzilla

Roar. Go: Eagles, Flyers, Philles, Buckeyes, etc.
Oct 7, 2005
Trent Cole from Philly should be there.

Jimmy's Dignity

Pound my bloody fudge!!
Staff member
Wackbag Staff
May 27, 2005
Trent Cole from Philly should be there.
As much as I hate all Eagles, you're right. He's probably the 1st alternate at DE. I know Strahan is an alternate...so if he is, Cole fully has to be
11 Cowboys. No argument here. :)
meh...I don't know how I feel about your kicker, Andre Gurode, and Flozell Adams making it. Mason Crosby deserves it more than whoever your kicker is :icon_conf

Apr 12, 2003
dunno how the hell tony gonzalez beat out winslow for 2nd TE spot

Jimmy's Dignity

Pound my bloody fudge!!
Staff member
Wackbag Staff
May 27, 2005
Gonzalez got that spot solely on reputation...Winslow has the same numbers, but with far fewer catches

Gonzalez
  • Catches = 82
  • Yards = 971
  • YPC = 11.8
  • TDs = 5

Winslow
  • Catches = 71
  • Yards = 971
  • YPC = 13.7
  • TDs = 5

jshep

speed freak
Dec 8, 2006
how the hell didnt mario williams make it. he only leads the afc in sacks. has same number of tackles as vanden douche.

Chino Kapone

Yo, whats wrong wit da beer we got?
Jun 10, 2005
Why no Jags? :huh: Garrard should have been considered more, and Taylor defiently should have made it. Garrard has one of the highest passer ratings, hes just not on a popular team. Taylor had one of the highest YPC of running backs in the league.

Jimmy's Dignity

Pound my bloody fudge!!
Staff member
Wackbag Staff
May 27, 2005
forget the Jags getting shut out...the ENTIRE NFC SOUTH was shut out

talk about how shitty that division has been this year

this is too much of a popularity contest...I think the votes by the Coaches & Media should count more than the players & fans

Chino Kapone

Yo, whats wrong wit da beer we got?
Jun 10, 2005
forget the Jags getting shut out...the ENTIRE NFC SOUTH was shut out

talk about how shitty that division has been this year

this is too much of a popularity contest...I think the votes by the Coaches & Media should count more than the players & fans
Good point.
Good point.

The pro bowl needs to be changed anyway. Make it to where all the players just sit on the sidelines sipping on fruity drinks while the top 20 Pro Football chearleader have a bikini beach waterballoon volley ball contest. :D I would actually watch the Pro Bowl then.

smurray06

Aug 1, 2006
I just have to say FUCK THE NFL AND THE VOTERS FRED TAYLOR SHOULD BE IN THIS GAME. HE HAS BEEN AMAZING FUCK THEM!!!!!!!!

I agree with you about fred taylor, but sean taylor was the leading vote getter when he died, and led the NFL in interceptions when he got injured, with 5. not sure about how many tackles he had, but i'm pretty sure he had a good amount, and he was not on the IR before he got shot.