2008 Boston Celtics

abudabit

New Wackbag
Oct 10, 2004
Looks like the north east will finally have a good team again. What are your expectations for the season?

Maybe we can finally get a basketball thread stickied. ;)

norton23

Opie And Anthony Always Win In The End
Dec 1, 2002
TITLE TOWN BABY!!!
This would be the year

Celtics' `Big Three' creating a buzz in the NBA

ROME–For most of his career, Kevin Garnett was stuck in the NBA hinterlands of Minnesota, a great player on a sometimes good team, surrounded more often than not by teammates of marginal talent.
He was criticized for not taking the Timberwolves farther more often, for being too much of a complementary piece rather than a dominant one and concerns were raised about his ability – or willingness – to grab a game by the throat and make it his own.
But those concerns were only raised because of the failings of his teammates and now, in new surroundings where he doesn't have to be the best player on the court every night just so his team will have a chance to win, he finds himself as one of the most-skilled role players in the history of the game.
Will it be easier him to flourish with the Boston Celtics? Without a doubt, says one of his closest friends in basketball.
"Oh, yeah, without a doubt because he has no ego," Sam Mitchell said yesterday of Garnett, who makes his debut for Boston alongside Paul Pierce and Ray Allen this afternoon against the Raptors.
"Kevin doesn't have to take the last shot, he doesn't have to, quote-unquote, `be the man.' He's been the man and he's always going to be the man to a certain extent because of how good he is and who he is and that's never going to change.
"But he doesn't have to feed his ego like that. I know the only thing important to Kevin is trying to win basketball games and compete for a championship."
He might never get a better chance.
In Garnett, Pierce and Allen, the Celtics have put together a Big Three that's the envy of almost every team in the NBA. There are legitimate questions about the other nine players on the roster – starters Rajon Rondo and Kendrick Perkins haven't exactly established themselves as dependable veterans – but there's no denying what the other three can do.
"Kevin's complementary with the world," Celtics coach Doc Rivers said. "He's a passer almost first. It explains why he didn't have any 60-point and 50-point games because you know he's fully capable of it. He's so conscious of getting the team involved.
"He fits everybody."
Garnett, who spent a dozen years in Minnesota but only once got past the first round of the post-season, said this is "the best camp" he's ever been part of.
"I've never experienced a lot of the things that are going on, but you can definitely tell the difference in the organizations," he said. "It's reviving. I'm having a lot of fun."
The Celtics are the buzz of the NBA and have been since trades sandwiched around last June's draft landed Allen and Garnett in the familiar green-and-white uniforms. Some have them pegged to win the Eastern Conference, while a few wonder if this grand chemistry experiment will go awry.

abudabit

New Wackbag
Oct 10, 2004
2 stars with an off night and they still win because there's a 3rd one to play well.

norton23

Dec 1, 2002
TITLE TOWN BABY!!!
It's hard getting into this right now with the sox about to play some huge games,,,and the pats all over the place,.but with these days off from the pats and the playoffs with the sox I am watching the game (I think it's been pre-recorded) anyway there kicking ass,,,fucking crazy they look SO good! Cant wait to sit at the Garden for a game this year:clap:

Jeez just realized= I wonder if "they" realize that Boston has another playoff team,,,MLB = Boston wins, NFL goes to Boston, NBA goes to Boston,,,so who's the "little city" now???? :)

abudabit

New Wackbag
Oct 10, 2004
101-61, Boston is kicking ass.

Salem

Midgets = funny
Jul 3, 2006
Buh Buh Buh Boston
'Sheed still confident in Pistons, believes they are the team to beat
October 22, 2007

FREE PRESS NEWS SERVICES

Rasheed Wallace still believes the Pistons are the team to beat.

When asked if the Pistons are the favorite to win the Eastern Conference, Wallace told the Boston Herald, "That's how we feel about it. "All those teams made changes to try and get with us -- Boston, Chicago -- all those teams are trying to catch up with us. I am not worried about what they do. I am confident here with this camp."

Salem

Midgets = funny
Jul 3, 2006
Buh Buh Buh Boston
Kevin Garnett thinking this could be my year

Well, at least one prognosticator thinks the Boston Celtics have a great shot at the NBA Title. Kenny Smith of Yahoo Sports is picking the Celtics as the best team in the Eastern Conference.

1. Boston Celtics with the 3 headed monster of KG, Ray Allen, and Paul Pierce.

With three unselfish stars in Paul Pierce, Ray Allen, and Kevin Garnett, the learning curve is shorter than most. They will dominate a conference with only three contenders (the others being Detroit and Miami).

Salem

Midgets = funny
Jul 3, 2006
Buh Buh Buh Boston
The game is on ESPN tonite. Gonna be nice to see these guys contend again and not just slide into the playoffs and get thier asses kicked in the first round again. It will be nice to have that old Celtics pride back as long as these guys can stay healthy.

norton23

Dec 1, 2002
TITLE TOWN BABY!!!
The game is on ESPN tonite. Gonna be nice to see these guys contend again and not just slide into the playoffs and get thier asses kicked in the first round again. It will be nice to have that old Celtics pride back as long as these guys can stay healthy.

SWEEEEEEET! ESPN! We must kick ass tonight, show the league what the C's are made of.

norton23

Dec 1, 2002
TITLE TOWN BABY!!!
Celtics 103
Other 83

HERE WE GO KIDS!!!!

1-0

Loved how PUMPED the Celtics crowd was,,,,even when the C's sucked that place was rockin' mainly because our fans, don't forget, are the same fans that are rabid sox and pats fans,,,and you know how "invoved" in the game we get....

Greatest moment of that game was the crowd DROWING out any other sound,,,the garden place was SHAKING! Pierce told the new guys how we are and to be ready for excitement,,,and the fans more than brought that!

Loved how Garnett was screaming from the bench to the players on the court= "come on mother fuckers," hahahahhah I believe the response was "can you bleep out a player mouthing words like that?" HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAH Gotta love it!

norton23

Dec 1, 2002
TITLE TOWN BABY!!!

wonder what he's thinking right now :clap: GOOOOOOOOO C"SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Layne

Horrible cunt
Aug 6, 2004
Boston
Gilllllllllllllllllllllllbeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrt Gilllllllllllllllllllllllllllllbeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrt Gillllllllllllllllllllllllllbeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrt

Salem

Midgets = funny
Jul 3, 2006
Buh Buh Buh Boston
Ya I wonder what ol Gilbert's blog says today. Probably absolutely nothing. I wish some of thses reporters would grow a set of balls and ask them right after the games about thier shit talking and why they never seem to follow through with it.

Absolutely

Self-Heavy
Jan 25, 2006
Saint Louis
Ya I wonder what ol Gilbert's blog says today. Probably absolutely nothing. I wish some of thses reporters would grow a set of balls and ask them right after the games about thier shit talking and why they never seem to follow through with it.
But according to every commentator it's just "Gilbert being Gilbert" he like to joke around and have a good time, "Something we need more of in sports". He's just a fun-loving asshole who continues to make retarded guarentees and never ever come through.
"I'm gonna score 50 on them" - "Sorry, I only scored 8"
"We're not going to lose" - "Sorry, we lost be 30"

His act is fucking tired and old, so what if he's a nice guy? If Sheed or AI continually guarenteed 50 point nights and wins and never produced they'd be all over their asses. I HATE Gilbert.

I did like how Bill Walton did a piece about how the Celtics haven't won an NBA Championship in however many years, and then said "Well, that drought is over"
(After 1 win)
But I love Bill, and I'm rooting for Jesus and KG.
You can almost see that Bill Walton Cock.

norton23

Dec 1, 2002
TITLE TOWN BABY!!!

Ray Allen hit a 3-pointer with 2.6 seconds left in overtime to lift the Celtics past the Raptors, 98-95, on Sunday in Toronto.

Allen led the Celtics with 33 points, Kevin Garnett had 23 points and 13 rebounds, while Paul Pierce added 13. The Celtics are now 2-0, winning their season opener at home against the Wizards on Friday.

Coach Doc Rivers had to leave the team before the game, after learning of the death of his father. Assistants Tom Thibodeau and Armond Hill handled the coaching duties in Rivers' absence.

norton23

Dec 1, 2002
TITLE TOWN BABY!!!
Red Sox Welcome the Big Three to TitleTown, Boston - MA - USA

Big Game Tonight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Aizazzle

I always have a plan
Jul 27, 2006
Philly
77 - 38 C's at the half. Holy shit haha
I'm happy that the Sixers are actually winning (current game)and you guys are beating a team by 39 points at halftime. Not just any team, but a team with A.I and Melo on it. I almost shudder to think of what these guys will do to mediocre teams.

God you fuckers are lucky in Boston.

GDRC

This is what I do now
Jun 28, 2006
MA
Celtics are also shooting 77 percent for the game.

Salem

Midgets = funny
Jul 3, 2006
Buh Buh Buh Boston
I saw that 77. Even guys i was playing COD4 on xbox live with where talkin about it. They didnt think it was possible since the moved the 3 point line back. Remember, its early in the season. Lets just keep the ball rolling. If only this kind of play would rub off onto the Bruins locker room.

norton23

Dec 1, 2002
TITLE TOWN BABY!!!
This game was SICK! The best part was once again the excitement and screaming and yelling comming from the C's bench...Garnet yelled and fist pumped when Pierce scored late in the game and they were up by like thirty five :D Just to look at the GA'DEN and see the crowd all amped up and happy was phenominal!!!!!! They have stuck with the team for a long time and even when the C's sucked they were still making a lot of noise,,,,must be ear piercing now. :icon_eek: