2008 Detroit Tigers Thread

krisko

Mrs. Fuckin Funny
Jul 29, 2005
Cupcake Capital, USA
It's almost that time again! Pitchers and Catchers report on the 14th!! With the acquisition of Willis, Renteria, Cabrera and others I'm really excited about the upcoming season. I'm a little sad about my boyfriend Brandon Inge but his bat was for shit last season. Glad to see Rabello go...not so excited that we got rid of a few of our younger pitchers (Miller, Jurjens) also wish we would've gotten a better fucking closer than that shitheal Todd Jones.

I bought a 27 game season ticket package, i think it's all the sunday games. i can't fucking wait! :jump

Steam

May 18, 2003
It's almost that time again! Pitchers and Catchers report on the 14th!! With the acquisition of Willis, Renteria, Cabrera and others I'm really excited about the upcoming season. I'm a little sad about my boyfriend Brandon Inge but his bat was for shit last season. Glad to see Rabello go...not so excited that we got rid of a few of our younger pitchers (Miller, Jurjens) also wish we would've gotten a better fucking closer than that shitheal Todd Jones.

I bought a 27 game season ticket package, i think it's all the sunday games. i can't fucking wait! :jump
Hmmm, the season lasts 26 weeks and all of the Sunday games can't be at home, so hmmmmm, I don't think they are all Sunday games :action-sm

I give you about a month before you want to run Willis and his fucked up motion out of town. Same with Renteria, he proved a few years ago how he was made up for the AL. Just make sure that Cabrera stays away from the postgame spread and the Tigers should be a tough team to beat regardless of the first two players I mentioned. Or maybe I'm just saying that because I have a giant mancrush on Curtis Granderson <swoon>

krisko

Mrs. Fuckin Funny
Jul 29, 2005
Cupcake Capital, USA
Hmmm, the season lasts 26 weeks and all of the Sunday games can't be at home, so hmmmmm, I don't think they are all Sunday games :action-sm

I give you about a month before you want to run Willis and his fucked up motion out of town. Same with Renteria, he proved a few years ago how he was made up for the AL. Just make sure that Cabrera stays away from the postgame spread and the Tigers should be a tough team to beat regardless of the first two players I mentioned. Or maybe I'm just saying that because I have a giant mancrush on Curtis Granderson <swoon>
well whatever it is, i have tickets to 27 games and it is called the "sunday package" so whatever that means.

Yes, Granderson is a fantastic player and a great role model. I'm really glad they gave him a healthy contract, he was only making like 410k last year.

seeinred

White Death
Apr 29, 2007
Sterling Heights, MI

We went over this in the listening thread one day. Verlander, Bonderman, and Willis are finishing 1-2-3 in Cy Young voting. The entire Tiger's infield wins gold gloves, Cabrera hits .370 with 180 RBI and 50 HR, Maggs improves from last season, Granderson hits 30 doubles, 30 triples, 30 HR, and 30 SB this year, and wins league MVP. And lastly, the Tigers don't lose a game all season.

Seriously, they're gonna be good.

Steam

May 18, 2003
We went over this in the listening thread one day. Verlander, Bonderman, and Willis are finishing 1-2-3 in Cy Young voting. The entire Tiger's infield wins gold gloves, Cabrera hits .370 with 180 RBI and 50 HR, Maggs improves from last season, Granderson hits 30 doubles, 30 triples, 30 HR, and 30 SB this year, and wins league MVP. And lastly, the Tigers don't lose a game all season.

Seriously, they're gonna be good.
I know that we did but lets just break it down for you in a thread that will be around for a while (or until the Tigers shit the bed in May).

Verlander is good (probably a tad overrated but still good). Bonderman has potential but is too inconsistent thus far. If he gets on track he will be the top guy on the team. Willis just sucks cock and will suck even more cock in the AL. The only saving grace that he might have is that some guys haven't faced him and his awkward windup yet. As for the pen, you better hope that Rodney has it in him because Jones sucks and Zumaya will ruin the other shoulder playing Guitar Hero.

The offense should be good if Cabrera doesn't get too lazy and Sheffield stays healthy. Granderson will be Granderson (ie the greatest player not on the Yankees).

They should be a contender this year again but I will be the first laughing at you guys when Maybin and Miller tear shit up with the Marlins.

Philly loser

Wackbag Elder Statesman
Oct 12, 2002
Limerick, Pa
I don't know about any of this shit. I just know that I have to be in Detroit in July and may try to make it to a game.

fkornre

Boogity Boogity Boogity...Let's go racing boys...
Nov 4, 2006
monroe twp, nj
fixed.

i love my detroit sports teams but the actual city of Detroit is a shitbox with a cuntrag, pinky ring wearing, crook of a mayor
just like you did with the Lions; I expect your avy to change to another sports team who's bandwagon you jump on partially through the season...

krisko

Mrs. Fuckin Funny
Jul 29, 2005
Cupcake Capital, USA
just like you did with the Lions; I expect your avy to change to another sports team who's bandwagon you jump on partially through the season...
well of course i will...i had a red sox's avatar during the world series...i'll have the avatar of whatever hockey team wins the stanley cup and of whatever ocllege wins march madness...it's called a bit sir :action-sm

TallBaby

Unregistered User .
Sep 9, 2005
Dallas, TX
I was more excited for last season than I am for this season. We've got plenty of offense, but a real possibility of no good pitching outside of Verlander. Bonderman needs to get his head out of his ass, Willis is coming off a down year, Rogers and Robertson were injured and ineffective for a lot of last year.

The bullpen shouldnt be as big of a mess as it was last year after Zumaya got hurt, but we need some guys to step up. I only trust Seay, Jones and Rodney to be effective more often than ineffective. Bazardo could be good, Cruceta could be good, Bautista could emerge, Miner and Grilli need to step up a lot, and hopefully Byrdak or McBride dont crash and burn.

Newmania

**I move away from the mic to fuck your mother.
May 15, 2006
The lily white suburbs of Detoilet
Okay, now I'm really excited for the season to start. I randomly ran into Magglio Ordonez in a club in Cancun this weekend. He chatted with me and my friends for a few minutes. Last night I was watching the Latin American ESPY awards (or something to that effect), and who wins an award? Magglio! He must have been in town for the awards show. Pretty cool stuff.

TallBaby

Unregistered User .
Sep 9, 2005
Dallas, TX
Cant wait for these spring games to get started. They play Florida Southern U tomorrow (Tuesday) but I dont think it's going to be broadcast anywhere....

TallBaby

Unregistered User .
Sep 9, 2005
Dallas, TX
17-4 shellacking of the college team. excellent. Miguel Cabrera has homered in every single at bat of his entire Tiger career.

blotto98

YEAH! Wait. What?
Sep 9, 2005
In the D - south of 8 mile
Just a couple of weeks fans.

By the way anyone going down to Opening Day be sure to look for me.

I'll be the one wearing a Tiger's jersey.

edzeppe

Dec 11, 2004
Timmy Byrdak, you'll be missed.

seeinred

White Death
Apr 29, 2007
Sterling Heights, MI
Ok folk here we go!

this team will score 1000+ runs this year.
God, this lineup is ridiculous. 2 on, face Polanco. Walk him? Now it's Sheff. Walk him too? Here come's Ordonez. Then Cabrera.

It has to be kind of scary for the other team's pitchers.

2-0 right now, looking real good. Verlander's stuff is as nasty as ever, too.