2008 Pittsburgh Pirate 15year losing streak and counting thread

Sct Ptersns Twn

Looking 4 a New 1st Mate
Dec 4, 2005
Gloucestershire
Any of you baggers like the Pirates? I cannot stop rooting for these mother fuckers. Hey, at least they are not attention whores and get some old black faced comedian to play for em.

Hoagie

I suggest you tread lightly
Wackbag Staff
Mar 24, 2004
Your Mom's box
I became a Cubs fan in my early teens when we moved to Chicago and I started going to games at Wrigley. But my Mom is still a rabid Pirates and still gets heartbroken every year when they lose. It's only a matter of time until the sale of that team is forced and someone with half a brain turns it around.

Sep 10, 2005
Staten Island, NY
Poor Poor Pirates...I feel like noone is a Pirate fan. I have never met one..Since The team I follow is in the AL. I hope good things for your team this year....Just like the tigers,Cubs, Phillies of the last couple years Maybe the Pirates will have a year

Hoagie

I suggest you tread lightly
Wackbag Staff
Mar 24, 2004
Your Mom's box
The Pirates don't have any bandwagon fans but they do have a good fan base of undying and loyal Pittsburgh fans that would love nothing more then to see a winning team but the ownership is just a bunch of cunts that promised they would make an effort when the new stadium was built and failed to fulfill that promise miserably. But if someone came along and bought this team, they would find a strong fan base of, not just Pittsburgh fans, but people who grew up following baseball on the radio and still have that old school passion for the game.

Sct Ptersns Twn

Looking 4 a New 1st Mate
Dec 4, 2005
Gloucestershire
The Pirates don't have any bandwagon fans but they do have a good fan base of undying and loyal Pittsburgh fans that would love nothing more then to see a winning team but the ownership is just a bunch of cunts that promised they would make an effort when the new stadium was built and failed to fulfill that promise miserably. But if someone came along and bought this team, they would find a strong fan base of, not just Pittsburgh fans, but people who grew up following baseball on the radio and still have that old school passion for the game.
You are right Hoagie. When I went to the Pirate game a year or two ago with my Phillies buddy, He said, "Damn if they ever found an owner worth a fuck this could be one hell of a team with this ballpark".

Shit, I was about 3 beers away from changing his allegiance from the Phils to the Bucs.

flyerfan116

Fuckin savages
Apr 14, 2005
NJ
Could always be worse you could be a Royals fan...shitty team and faggoty name. At least the Phils have given me a little something to cheer about the past few years

Jan 25, 2006
Saint Louis
The 1990-92 Pirates were some of my favorite teams. I was only like 7 years old but I remember watching them, mainly getting shit on by the Braves, but I still loved them.

For absolutely no reason whatsoever, John Smiley is one of my favorite players of all time. I even used to turn my glove all weird like he did when I pitched. He had a great 1991, but other than that he was just a .500 pitcher. I've never been so dissapointed than when he told me "Not now" while I was asking him for an autograph during an interleague game at Busch while he was on the Indians.

Not now? I was the only one in the park who WANTED your autograph, and I was probably one of 10 people in the whole place who knew who you were. Come to think of it, I'm glad your arm broke like an old grandma's just warming up.

Somehow Zane Smith was good in 1991, of course Drabek, great Outfield, and how can you forget fat Spanky LaValliere.

:( :( :( :( :( :(:( :( :(

Sct Ptersns Twn

Looking 4 a New 1st Mate
Dec 4, 2005
Gloucestershire
For absolutely no reason whatsoever, John Smiley is one of my favorite players of all time. I even used to turn my glove all weird like he did when I pitched. He had a great 1991, but other than that he was just a .500 pitcher. I've never been so dissapointed than when he told me "Not now" while I was asking him for an autograph during an interleague game at Busch while he was on the Indians.

Sct Ptersns Twn

Looking 4 a New 1st Mate
Dec 4, 2005
Gloucestershire
Watching the Pens on TV vs the Rangers makes me think we are back in the gool ole days, early 90's Pens winning and Pirates winning as well. I am getting psyched up for Pirate opening day. (for at least 1 week)

Sct Ptersns Twn

Looking 4 a New 1st Mate
Dec 4, 2005
Gloucestershire
Bump

Will they ever see above .500? Current record 2-3, April 6, 2008.

Is it to early for this chant?

Here we GO Steelers, here we GO!

Absolutely

Self-Heavy
Jan 25, 2006
Saint Louis
Will they ever see above .500? Current record 2-3, April 6, 2008.
.500 on 4/6
Should be, 9-2 in the 8th.

Enjoy your .500 for a day or two.
I'm looking forward to the Cards beating up on the Pirates all year :D
(Cards could be 5-1 after today, shocking)