Well, I'm glad I have a backup snowblower. My main machine started, and I got it halfway back to my shed so I could take the mower deck off and put the snowblower on. It fucking died in the middle of my backyard. I fucked with it for about 10 minutes and gave up.
I got a regular snowblower in my shed that I had meant to give to my brother. I put gas in the tank, opened the petcock, primed it, and fired it up. I am ready to go.
* LOCATIONS...THE NEW YORK CITY METROPOLITAN AREA.
* HAZARD TYPES...HEAVY SNOW AND WIND.
* ACCUMULATIONS...6 TO 10 INCHES OF SNOW.
* WINDS...NORTH 20 TO 30 MPH WITH GUSTS UP TO 55 MPH.
* TEMPERATURES...IN THE LOWER 30S.
* VISIBILITIES...ONE QUARTER MILE OR LESS AT TIMES.
It is very heavy and wet snow here in western jersey. I see a few trees come down already. I have the plow on my truck pushed 4 inches snow off a strip mall parking lot all ready. I'm betting the power will be out soon.