2011 NHL Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Solus

Cancer Boy
Dec 25, 2007
New Jersey
Congrats to the Bruins for winning the Cup.

All news, trades, rumors, hirings and firings go here fellas. Only 110 days until the 2011-2012 season starts.

Solus

Cancer Boy
Dec 25, 2007
New Jersey
Also, the draft is friday. Get your cocks out gents.

Begbie

Wackbag Generalissimo
Jul 21, 2003
Wilmington, NC
Can Jagr even be a threat at 40? Would he even be capable of 30 goals? And then, you gotta assume he'll want to go to a contender. I think Pittsburgh and Detroit are pretty safe options. Detroit has a number of skaters in the 30's and early 40's...they'll get rid of Modano, but do they really want to give a spot to another 40-year old? And no offense to my Rangers/Habs friends, but are the Rangers or Montreal a 40-year old Jagr away from winning the Cup?

I dunno, I don't blame the guy for wanting another shot over here...but no team is going to be able say, "Welp, we got Jagr...we're a lock for the playoffs now."

iSpeakEloquent

HENRIK LUUUUUUUUUUUNDQVIST
Sep 3, 2004
Smithtown, NY
Can Jagr even be a threat at 40? Would he even be capable of 30 goals? And then, you gotta assume he'll want to go to a contender. I think Pittsburgh and Detroit are pretty safe options. Detroit has a number of skaters in the 30's and early 40's...they'll get rid of Modano, but do they really want to give a spot to another 40-year old? And no offense to my Rangers/Habs friends, but are the Rangers or Montreal a 40-year old Jagr away from winning the Cup?

I dunno, I don't blame the guy for wanting another shot over here...but no team is going to be able say, "Welp, we got Jagr...we're a lock for the playoffs now."
i honestly don't know if a contender is the thing, i think he either wants to go to a place he knows or a place he wanted to play in like canada

mills

I'll give em a state, a state of unconsciousness
Jan 30, 2005
Flea Bottom
Even without his history he'd be a perfect fit for Pittsburgh. If he can only get them 25 goals they could still really use him on that wing.

Solus

Cancer Boy
Dec 25, 2007
New Jersey
High cap helps the Devils too. If it was lower the Parise situation would be much worse, now they can sign him for ass loads and long term.

George Costanza

All Hail the Dragonslayer.
Aug 10, 2007
Lake Orion Michigan
Good to see Lidstrom coming back. Also good to see the cap going up. Hard to believe it was only 39 million six years ago. As far as Jagr, I think the Penguins are the best fit. He's not gonna do much anyway.

Jimmy's Dignity

Pound my bloody fudge!!
Staff member
Wackbag Staff
May 27, 2005
Phoenixville
I'm fine with the cap going up, I just hope they also keep a salary floor in effect as well

George Costanza

All Hail the Dragonslayer.
Aug 10, 2007
Lake Orion Michigan
Salary floor is $48 million.
Sweet so Nash can continue to waste his talents on the Jackets. The bigger the gap between the Cap and the Cap floor the better the chance for teams with owners that care to go all the way. Like Detroit, Philly, Vancouver, Pittsburgh, Caps, Canadians and any other team with an owner willing to spend money. It prevents teams with cheap owners, like the Bruins that play a boring style of hockey from winning a cup. It also prevents losing players to the KHL when they get paid what they should in the NHL. After a few more years of the cap going up, hockey will hopefully have powerhouse teams again.

Jimmy's Dignity

Pound my bloody fudge!!
Staff member
Wackbag Staff
May 27, 2005
Phoenixville
Status
Not open for further replies.