2012 lawnmower advice

First tip go down to a local Lawn and Garden dealer rather then a big box store... as I tend to be hard on things and homeowner quality stuff breaks waaaay to easy.

Most recent purchase... as I have to plant 1000 trees this year and put in about 30 posts for a pasture...

http://www.stihlusa.com/augersdrills/BT121.html

I got 20% off as it was a salesman sample that was only used to drill 8 holes for his deck. Bought a case of Stihl synthetic 2 stroke oil and doubled the warranty.

Gonna go finance a Exmark zero turn in the spring as my 5 year old Husqvarna riding mower has about 1700 hours on it now.

mr. sin

the local shop here the mowers are freaking expensive!!! being laid off i gotta afford what we can!

Oh and some of these dealers sell used equipment... like last year they wanted to sell me a 15k commercial zero turn for like 5k... only about 2 years old and had 400 hours on it. But it was too wide to fit between my trees.

Sinn Fein

Infidel and White Interloper
Wackbag Staff
Go to a real Toro dealer and get a Super Recycler. Finest mower I have ever owned.

Haeder

South Dakota
Might as well start buying used lawn mowers if you're gonna get one from a big box store.

Risk of getting a lemon is about the same.

Honda engines for extended life goodness.

Honda engines for extended life goodness.
x2

My Husqvarna generator has one... oh and the neighbor's son brought over a commercial leaf blower... basically a Honda engine attached to a turbine with a directional nozzle... did their property and ours in like an hour.

Looked like this...

Motor Head

HIGHWAY TRASH REMOVAL
The best mower ever.

I recommend the Jesus Martinez model. It works very hard and doesn't cost too much.

my front yard and back yard are each about 80 x 100.

in south Louisiana my yard cutting season is every week and a half or so between the last week of february and mid november.

I've had this one for the last 4 years since I got my new house:

http://www.walmart.com/ip/MTD-Yard-...Discharge-Push-Gas-Lawn-Mower-Not-CA/13373910

Yeah it's walmart, I like walmart, I can't afford snapper anyway. I change my air filter 1 year and this year I put a new blade in it. It's never let me down.

Ballbuster1

In The Danger Zone...
Wackbag Staff
Push mower? I don't use no stinking push mower.
Got this from Home Depot about 8 years ago.
Still kicking ass. Dual blades, 12 HP.

mr. sin

reviews on that mower suck...and i own a fre crapsman power and yard tools and regret it. the leaf blower sucks. etc.

looking to poss spend under $350.00

How big is your yard?
ill post up a vid of my yard. dont really have exact sq ft

@stevethrower...i looked at a local snapper dealer......holy fuck $700 for a push mower (yes i picked a random model with a yardvac option)

mr. sin

whats everyones opinion on honda mowers?

Digital_Trauma

"man of leisure". . . aaaand repeat
x2

My Husqvarna generator has one... oh and the neighbor's son brought over a commercial leaf blower... basically a Honda engine attached to a turbine with a directional nozzle... did their property and ours in like an hour.

Looked like this...

That's great as long as Juan Pablo Montoya doesn't live nearby...

lajikal

Beaner approved. Used self-propelled hondas for residential mowing contracts in middle of summer in new mexico desert and those fuckers took a beating. Issues? Plug in a new spark plug and keep on rolling. Plugs tend to get dirty when you're creating a dust storm.

Mowers = honda
Weed eaters = husqvarna

Sinn Fein

Infidel and White Interloper
Wackbag Staff
I looked hard at Toro and Honda.

Ideally, I think the best would be a Toro with a Honda mower, like this one:

http://www.toro.com/en-us/Homeowner.../Pages/Model.aspx?pid=20382-PersonalPaceHonda

They didn't make this model when I bought mine. I have a Briggs engine but the thing starts every time no problem. Has the 5-year warranty, so I am not worried. The dealer called it the All-American model because both the engine and the rest of the mower are made in USA.

I know you want to spend under $350. So did I... But I decided to pony up the cash for peace of mind. Local dealer gave me a good price, a bit below MSRP.

Look around for a deal on a demo or a floor model.

Beaner approved. Used self-propelled hondas for residential mowing contracts in middle of summer in new mexico desert and those fuckers took a beating. Issues? Plug in a new spark plug and keep on rolling. Plugs tend to get dirty when you're creating a dust storm.

Mowers = honda
Weed eaters = Stihl
FYP...

Have one of these...

With...

And...

And...

And...

Friggin thing goes through anything...

reviews on that mower suck...and i own a fre crapsman power and yard tools and regret it. the leaf blower sucks. etc.

looking to poss spend under $350.00

ill post up a vid of my yard. dont really have exact sq ft

@stevethrower...i looked at a local snapper dealer......holy fuck $700 for a push mower (yes i picked a random model with a yardvac option)
Then go used... like I mentioned unless you a have a postage stamp for a lawn... go for a better quality ergo more expensive/better made mower... like a Toro/Snapper etc... and stay away from the big box store shit.

Like my chick bought a "John Deere" weed wacker and HD similar to what I have now... the button thing on the shaft (heh) broke... and John Deere/HD or my local Lawn and Garden place couldn't fix it... as basically it was a consumer tool... meaning once it broke toss it.

My Stihl starts on the second pull (first pull prime etc)... and goes through anything... oh and since I bought the head unit and a few attachments he gave me a rack that holds them all for free.