2012 N.Y Mets

Boratfan

Oct 4, 2004
Port Jeff Station NY
This team looks really good. I know they are in first place but I doubt they will stay there for the season. As long as they finish over .500 and their young guys keep on playing well.. then I will be very happy with this season. I see them making a legit run in 2 years when Harvey/Wheeler have some big league experience and a few of their bad contracts are off the books.

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator
Jun 22, 2004
Their bad contracts are pretty much all off the books now, aside from Bay.

Jul 26, 2005
Wow do the Mets have a thread again? I don't see why this team can't keep it up and make this a very interesting season. As long as Santana and Dickey continue to pitch like one of the best 1-2 combo's in the league. And they get solid results out of Niese and Gee at 3-4, that starting pitching can carry them far. Even with how great they have been playing they still have had not everything go right for them. They still have had their usual pack of injuries. Ike Davis is still completely lost at the plate. Until recently Duda wasn't doing anything, especially with the long ball. The Bullpen has blown more than their share of games already. Yet this team, while certainly not the most talented bunch, plays hard and has a winning mentality and you can't say enough for the job Terry Collins is doing. It's rather refreshing to root for a bunch of overachievers rather than a team underachieving like we were so used to here.

TomFromWC

Making Awful Sounds
Apr 29, 2009
Old Bridge, NJ
Only took three months for a thread. This team has been a winner since day one. Never more than three games outside of first place.

Boratfan

Oct 4, 2004
Port Jeff Station NY
I love the direction that this team is going in. The front office is finally looking at the present and the future Our minor league system is stacked with pitching. Its our best farm since the early 90s(Hopefully with different results). I also love what terry collins has brought to this team. They play hard from him and he doesn't take bullshit but genuinly cares for his players.

Pigdango

Donator
Jun 22, 2004
I was kind of meh on Terry Collins but I'll admit I got a little bit choked up during his press conference after Santana's no hitter.

Jul 26, 2005
Only took three months for a thread. This team has been a winner since day one. Never more than three games outside of first place.
Actually a year and three months. There was no Mets thread in 2011 either. Shucker, I'm dissapointed.

Boratfan

Oct 4, 2004
Port Jeff Station NY
Can Jon Rauch just run into a wall and injure himself for the year. He stinks and thank god the Mets only signed him to a one year deal.

Jul 26, 2005
It's scary to think how even better the Mets would be doing if their bullpen wasn't God awful. Between Rauch now, Francisco at the beginning, and the far too many outings of Manny Acosta, It's been a disaster.

Jul 26, 2005
Make that 6 to 8 wins. with an assist from that wonderful defense last night.

JMCC

Oct 4, 2004
That was a tough game to watch.

Mother Shucker

I'm over here now.
Oct 13, 2004
Your Mom's box.
This team stinks. The bullpen is awful and the minor league players they have out there can not field a ground ball. I like the work ethic, and Terry is the perfect manager for this team, but with Fred as the owner, good luck bro's.

Jul 26, 2005
They are doing pretty well for a team that stinks. They have had injuries galore, lack of star players, awful bullpen,yet are right up there towards the top of the standings. They must be doing something right.

Pigdango

Donator
Jun 22, 2004
They are doing pretty well for a team that stinks.
That is the perfect description of this team. They should make it their slogan for the rest of the year.

Mother Shucker

I'm over here now.
Oct 13, 2004
Your Mom's box.
Unfortunately, the law of averages will doom them.

Listen, no one is a bigger fan of the Mets then me. But as long as douche bag Fred owns them, I am not getting emotionally involved with this team. I still watch them, just don't get too excited. I actually was laughing when they blew three fucking leads after the eighth inning last night. By the way, was that a record?

Mother Shucker

I'm over here now.
Oct 13, 2004
Your Mom's box.
You want to put a minor league line up out there? You get all these errors.

Love me some D. Wright, No-jan, and Dickey Knuckle, but the rest....

Mother Shucker

I'm over here now.
Oct 13, 2004
Your Mom's box.
I am telling you guys, you can scream "blue collar" all you want. But a line up featuring Jordany Valdespin, and Omar Quintanilla, and Vinny Rottino - total failure. That and the MLB's worst pen? Come on, don't get emotionally involved with this team.

Jul 26, 2005
Well they are only out there because guys like Ruben Tejada, Mike Baxter, and Justin Turner are on the revolving door known as the DL. Not they are world beaters either, but are improvements. And I would take any of the guys you mentioned or I mentioned over that piece of shit Jason Bay.

Mother Shucker

I'm over here now.
Oct 13, 2004
Your Mom's box.
No, I did not mean you said they where "Murderers row", I was just exaggerating. I guess my point is that THEY are also minor leagers.