• OMG!!! GDPR!! GDPR!!! GDP f***ing R!!!!!!!!!!!111111one!

Bla, Bla, Bla, updated privacy policy, because "we care about you! "

ಠ_ಠ

If you even give a shit, our privacy policy is here.

Pro-tip: If you have a reasonable, and transparent policy from Day 1, then you don't have to run around like an asshole!

2013-14 Philadelphia Phillies Offseason Thread

Sinn Fein

Infidel and White Interloper
Wackbag Staff
Aug 29, 2002
Florida's Nature Coast
And so it begins...

Phillies will not re-sign pitching coach Rich Dubee

The Phillies will not renew the contract of pitching coach Rich Dubee, the team announced. He technically was not fired -- his contract is up and the team simply isn't bringing him back.

"Rich was a big part of a wonderful era here and in his nine years he served our organization very well," GM Ruben Amaro Jr. said in a statement. "We believe it is time for change as we move forward. We thank Rich for his professionalism and contribution to the Phillies."

Dubee, 55, had been with the Phillies for the past 13 years, including the past nine as pitching coach. He served alongside former manager Charlie Manuel during the club's run of five straight division titles from 2007-11. The team won the 2008 World Series and 2009 NL pennant with Dubee's help.

Philadelphia recently removed the interim tag and named Ryne Sandberg their permanent manager. The team says it will make an announcement about the rest of the coaching staff at a later date.
I can't wait until the Spring Training schedule comes out. I plan on going to every single game at Brighthouse Field.

Last edited:

luckie1710

Jul 21, 2008
He won't be the last. Probably spells end for Halladay too.

Interesting to hear Bowas name bandied about.

That would make sense. Sandberg and Bowa played together for 4 years with the Cubs. So they have a really good relationship. They have different styles. Which could blend together very well for the Phils

luckie1710

Jul 21, 2008
One benefit from their crappy season. They have the 7th pick in the 2014 draft. Which means they dont lose a first round pick if they sign a free agent. The first 10 picks in the draft are protected.

domelogic

Feb 16, 2005
Center Valley, Pa.
So to recap the year you just need to read what most of us wrote before the season was even close to starting and we were correct. Now if only Amaro had a clue like us bleacher managers the team would be farther along than it is.

I am hearing they are thinking of trading Revere. Wow that was a great idea. One that I said was a waste since he has zero power. They moved some of the farm guys up to late to really see where they stand. I would think if Franco starts off the way he played this year, they will trade Asche. There is much more upside with Franco and that is a shame because I like Asche. Ruf probably will be traded at some point. I can not think of one good reason to resign Halladay. Rupp impressed me with the pigs and played pretty well for the phils. I would give him a shot with Kratz, which means I would not resign Ruiz. Move Brown back to right field where he belongs. I guess Hernandez is relegated to the outfield(where he does not play a very good defensive position). Galvis will be up the entire season since he has shown he can play many different positions as a utility guy. Let Rollins play out the last year and see where Crawford ends the year at(Galvis can fill in for one/two seasons). I really do not know what they can do for the outfield if Ruf does not perform with power. The minors are weak in that area. Pitching wise I would go with Hamels, Lee, Petibone and the righty they got from the dodgers(drawing a blank on his name).

This past season was one I thought had no shot at making the playoffs and should have been a rebuidling year but that is where Amaro and myself differed. Now they have no choice but to go through at least two more years of rebuilding.

luckie1710

Jul 21, 2008
So to recap the year you just need to read what most of us wrote before the season was even close to starting and we were correct. Now if only Amaro had a clue like us bleacher managers the team would be farther along than it is.

I am hearing they are thinking of trading Revere. Wow that was a great idea. One that I said was a waste since he has zero power. They moved some of the farm guys up to late to really see where they stand. I would think if Franco starts off the way he played this year, they will trade Asche. There is much more upside with Franco and that is a shame because I like Asche. Ruf probably will be traded at some point. I can not think of one good reason to resign Halladay. Rupp impressed me with the pigs and played pretty well for the phils. I would give him a shot with Kratz, which means I would not resign Ruiz. Move Brown back to right field where he belongs. I guess Hernandez is relegated to the outfield(where he does not play a very good defensive position). Galvis will be up the entire season since he has shown he can play many different positions as a utility guy. Let Rollins play out the last year and see where Crawford ends the year at(Galvis can fill in for one/two seasons). I really do not know what they can do for the outfield if Ruf does not perform with power. The minors are weak in that area. Pitching wise I would go with Hamels, Lee, Petibone and the righty they got from the dodgers(drawing a blank on his name).

This past season was one I thought had no shot at making the playoffs and should have been a rebuidling year but that is where Amaro and myself differed. Now they have no choice but to go through at least two more years of rebuilding.

Thats why I dont get this one. Why didnt they try and trade Cliff Lee. They could have got some good prospects for him. Plus they would have gotten rid of his contract. I know that he is a top 15 pitcher. But it doesnt look like the team will contend during his contract.

domelogic

Feb 16, 2005
Center Valley, Pa.
Thats why I dont get this one. Why didnt they try and trade Cliff Lee. They could have got some good prospects for him. Plus they would have gotten rid of his contract. I know that he is a top 15 pitcher. But it doesnt look like the team will contend during his contract.

I agree but the organization wont trade him because they fear an empty ballpark. That is why they resigned Utley(although not a bad signing) even though Hernandez is ready to play second. He does not have the power Utley does or the fan support but he is 10 years younger and a .300 plus hitter. None of the moves last season made any sense. In fact I believe Amaro was delusional in thinking they would contend for the division. That is the kind of shit that sets back a team for years.

domelogic

Feb 16, 2005
Center Valley, Pa.

Read the comments from a bunch of dopes. This is why people can not stand philadelphia fans. There is no need to bash either player. I watched Cloyd pitch for a few years and he did quite well but there is a ceiling for everyone. At least he was good enough to get a shot which is much more than any of those morons commenting.

Now the next time you post please have an article that Amaro was claimed off waivers.

Ballbuster1

In The Danger Zone...
Wackbag Staff
Aug 26, 2002
Your house, behind the couch
We have seats in the 145 section in left field.
They were around $32 bucks each per game.

We could have gone higher and gotten cheaper
seats but we're on the aisle and next to friends
and love the view.

KR1288

Mar 23, 2012
Lower Bucks
We have seats in the 145 section in left field.
They were around $32 bucks each per game.

We could have gone higher and gotten cheaper
seats but we're on the aisle and next to friends
and love the view.
My brother has partial season tickets, upper level behind home plate. I think they are great seats. I watched many games from those seats before I moved last year.
I've sat all over the park and there really isn't a terrible seat in the whole place. I might just pick and chose what games I want to go on an individual basis, I had no problem doing that this year.

KR1288

Mar 23, 2012
Lower Bucks
I've done that in previous years. I also buy a bunch
of SRO tickets for the give aways games.

$17 to $20 bucks and you can find places to sit or see
the game. I love going to the Bank Park.
It's really awesome, The food & beer is so good. It's like going to dinner and seeing a baseball game. I took my girlfriend to the 93 alumni night this summer and tickets alone only ran me like 40 bucks for both

Ballbuster1

In The Danger Zone...
Wackbag Staff
Aug 26, 2002
Your house, behind the couch
It's really awesome, The food & beer is so good. It's like going to dinner and seeing a baseball game. I took my girlfriend to the 93 alumni night this summer and tickets alone only ran me like 40 bucks for both
If you go the SRO route you can get seats at Harry the K's.
Around the 6th inning they stop table service and the bar
window stays open til the end of the 7th for cash sales.
You can usually move up to the tables on the rail and see the
game from there instead of standing all night.

Top Bottom