Mar 30, 2005
RALEIGH, NC

mr. sin

Mar 30, 2005
RALEIGH, NC
Top drivers to headline Acceleration Weekend

Fan festival to feature sixth-generation Sprint Cup cars, interactive displays

http://www.nascar.com/news/121210/acceleration-weekend-2013-events/index.html

DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. -- For NASCAR fans who have been counting the days to the opening of the 2013 season, their wait is almost over.
For the second consecutive year, reigning Sprint Cup Series champion Brad Keselowski, five-time premier series winner Jimmie Johnson and NASCAR's most popular driver Dale Earnhardt Jr. will help race fans celebrate the past, present and future of NASCAR with the return of Acceleration Weekend. The fan-friendly, interactive experience is scheduled for Feb. 8-10, 2013, at the Charlotte, N.C., Convention Center. It includes the 2013 NASCAR Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony and NASCAR Preview 2013.
NASCAR Acceleration Weekend tickets are on sale at www.nascaracceleration.com and the NASCAR Hall of Fame box office. Tickets for Friday night's induction ceremony start at $45. In addition, a $20 ticket will gain fans all-day access to NASCAR Preview 2013 and the NASCAR Hall of Fame on Saturday, Feb. 9.
"We are excited about bringing NASCAR Acceleration Weekend back to Charlotte this year," said Kim Brink, NASCAR managing director of brand, consumer and series marketing. "It is one of our biggest fan events to kick off the season and provides unprecedented access to our best drivers, new cars and the NASCAR Hall of Fame."
The weekend's activities begin Friday, Feb. 8, with the 2013 NASCAR Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony. The five inductees are Buck Baker, Cotton Owens, Herb Thomas, Rusty Wallace and Leonard Wood. Legendary broadcasters Ken Squier and Barney Hall also will be honored with the inaugural Squier-Hall Award for Media Excellence for their significant contributions to the success of NASCAR during their distinguished careers as media members covering the sport.
More than 50 drivers across NASCAR's three national series are scheduled to participate in the NASCAR Preview 2013 event, which begins at 7 a.m. Saturday, Feb. 9, in the Charlotte Convention Center. Similar to last year's event, the all-day fan festival will allow fans to interact with top drivers from all three national series and to get autographs, to participate in driver Q&A sessions, to get a first-look at the new Cup cars and paint schemes and to check out various interactive displays, among other activities.

Aug 12, 2005
PA
Autoblog;3026348 said:
Filed under: Motorsports, Celebrities

Michael Waltrip has announced that he and his race team will be investors in a new racetrack coming to Columbus, Ohio. The Sports Pavilion and Automotive Research Complex is currently being developed on the site of the city's Cooper Stadium and will include a half-mile track and seating for 8,500 spectators. A 50,000 square-foot office building will provide research space while an on-site hotel will serve up accommodations and a meeting center. The plan also calls for 1,900 parking spaces and several locations for restaurants. Of course, we're more excited to hear the SPARC facility will feature an outdoor karting track.

We're all for adding another paved oval to the world, but it seems unlikely the venue would attract any attention from NASCAR organizers. While the track itself could support a NASCAR event, Waltrip says the limited seating on hand would make it difficult to accommodate the sport's spectators. Instead, the SPARC track would possibly bring in smaller Nationwide Series races. More importantly, the track will offer NASCAR teams another viable testing facility since race rules prohibit testing on any track associated with a series race. You can check out the project's promotional video below.Continue reading New Columbus, Ohio racetrack attracting NASCAR hopes? [w/video]

New Columbus, Ohio racetrack attracting NASCAR hopes? [w/video] originally appeared on Autoblog on Mon, 10 Dec 2012 11:01:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Permalink | Email this | Comments

More...
Not bad. Its got a unique shape and is a good size for NW and Truck series races. I hope they can get it done. Nascar over all needs some different tracks on the circuit instead of all the doubles. They need a bunch more road courses added to all 3 series.

Aug 12, 2005
PA
Oh and I'd have called this the off season thread. Just saying.

d0uche_n0zzle

**Negative_Creep**
Sep 15, 2004
F.U.B.A.R
Could NASCAR add the Austin Speedway track as an additional road course?

mr. sin

Mar 30, 2005
RALEIGH, NC
Could NASCAR add the Austin Speedway track as an additional road course?
i really doubt it as the straight away on that track are to long for a nascar road course engine to handle and the 2 sharp turns on that course are to much also

d0uche_n0zzle

**Negative_Creep**
Sep 15, 2004
F.U.B.A.R
Some exploded engines would be great. I'm sure all the former F1 guys would love it.

maz

TRueWDTer
Feb 16, 2005
abu dhabi,pa.
No Hockey on the horizon
But we have NASCAR on the way

SPEED to have live coverage of Daytona testing: In just three short weeks, SPEED and SPEED.com will be live from the high banks of Daytona International Speedway when Preseason Thunder kicks off the 2013 Sprint Cup Series season. SPEED and SPEED.com offer live coverage of the Jan. 10-12 test session in its entirety with SPEED live from all afternoon sessions and SPEED.com streaming all morning sessions.
John Roberts, Jeff Hammond and Matt Clark host SPEED's on-air coverage from the studio above pit road at the start/finish line at Daytona. Steve Byrnes calls the on-track action during the morning sessions (9 am to 12 pm/et) on SPEED.com alongside analysts Kyle Petty and Kenny Wallace, while Hermie Sadler and Wendy Venturini handle reporting duties. Rick Allen assumes the play-by-play chair for the afternoon sessions (1-3 pm/et and 3-5 pm/et) while the NASCAR on FOX and SPEED crew of Waltrip and Larry McReynolds take over the TV booth duties. Bob Dillner and Matt Yocum report from pit road and the garage. SPEED.com NASCAR Editor Mike Hembree will be on site to provide coverage and perspective as well.
Special editions of NASCAR Race Hub will air Jan. 10-11 at 6 pm/et from Daytona to recap all the on- and off-track action. Furthermore, NASCAR Race Hub offers new episodes from the SPEED Studios Jan. 21-24 at 6 p.m. ET during the week of the Charlotte Motor Speedway Sprint Media Tour. The program's 2013 season premiere is slated for Feb. 4 at 6 pm/et (Monday-Thursdays at 6 pm/et). Additionally, SPEED Center, hosted by Adam Alexander, continues to keep fans updated on all things across the motor sports world, beginning with its 2013 premiere on Jan. 6 at 7 pm/et.(SPEED)(12-22-212)

Ballbuster1

In The Danger Zone...
Wackbag Staff
Aug 26, 2002
Your house, behind the couch
I just got 4 tickets for the CW Truck race at Eldora Speedway!

Just past the start/finish line 4 rows from the top on the aisle.

I jumped on the site right at 10 when the tickets went on sale.

Gladys kravitz

Dec 2, 2006
Illinois
BB1, that's gonna be an awesome time at that track(looking forward to some pics).

Aug 12, 2005
PA
I just got 4 tickets for the CW Truck race at Eldora Speedway!

Just past the start/finish line 4 rows from the top on the aisle.

I jumped on the site right at 10 when the tickets went on sale.
Color me jealous. That is gonna be incredible.

Ballbuster1

In The Danger Zone...
Wackbag Staff
Aug 26, 2002
I was debating going but after reading some articles on it and
the wife never having been to a dirt race I figured this one was
a must see. My father used to dirt race and as a kid I went to
tracks in the area.To see the 1st major series NASCAR race on
dirt in over 40 years was just too much to pass up.

Aug 12, 2005
PA
And does anyone else hate the new Nascar.com?

It gets worse every time they update it.
I swear its their sole reason for having the site anymore. Lets see how bad and difficult to navigate we can make it. I find myself rarely going to it anymore thats how bad its gotten but this newest update is horrendous. Most times I just go to Jayski anymore.

Gladys kravitz

Dec 2, 2006
Illinois
And does anyone else hate the new Nascar.com?

It gets worse every time they update it.
I haven't been to that site for sometime till you mentioned it, I went on my phone today and it felt like it was the days of dial up all over again. Jayski or this: http://www.thatsracin.com/
most of the time.

Ballbuster1

In The Danger Zone...
Wackbag Staff
Aug 26, 2002
I haven't been to that site for sometime till you mentioned it, I went on my phone today and it felt like it was the days of dial up all over again. Jayski or this: http://www.thatsracin.com/
most of the time.
Haven't seen that one yet. I get news from SpeedTV.com and Jayski alot.

I'll bookmark that. Thanks.

Ballbuster1

In The Danger Zone...
Wackbag Staff
Aug 26, 2002
Eldora Speedway reports less than 2500 reserved seats left and
dwindling numbers of general admission "lawn" seating.

The front stands sold out on Saturday so I'm glad I jumped on
at 10am. Apparently they had a presale for people that have
bought Prelude tickets in previous years. I was lucky to get
the tickets I got.

ScottFromGA

I cum into socks.
Apr 8, 2006
Georgia
Thatsracin.com has been around for years....it use to be alot better itself with a fun fan forum but then a buncha fuckin trolls ruined it. David Poole use to post there a lot before he passed away.

Going to Eldora is cool as fuck, BB. Make sure the wife has her googles ready, Eldora is good about getting dry slick and dusting up a bunch. I grew up in dirt racing, my family owned about 6 different cars and I raced myself. Nothing like the crunch of dirt in your teeth when your leaving to go home. LOL.

Daytona testing starts today and they are streaming it on SPEED.com at 9am, if I remember right.