2015 Fishing Thread

Haeder

South Dakota
First fishing trip yesterday evening. Jigs, minnows and walleyes. Kept three to eat and released a larger female that was full of eggs. The bite was slow but the weather was good.

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
opening day was yesterday I've been busy

BigStinkyStair

I am attaching a picture of all the fish I caught this weekend (year to date)

Do you get it? I didn't catch any damn thing...

doomvulture

Lord of Jailbait
Open water fishing started April 1st. It was 2 degrees here this morning. Going to be a few more weeks before you can find any open water.

THE FEZ MAN

Went to AI yesterday morning it was cold and windy as hell. Fished for a few hours and didn't even get a hit packed up and left. I bought a beach permit for my truck I gave up on the idea of a dedicated beach jalopy so the next thread I start will be "my truck washed away"

Haeder

South Dakota
First trip to the Missouri River for the year. On the water at 8:30 am. Had our limit of walleyes shortly after noon. Time for a quick nap before cooking up potatoes on the grill and deep frying the fish.

LZMF1

Semi-Eviscerated
going deep sea fishing tomorrow. we'll see what happens. it's always a gamble. hopefully i'll get sone tuna, mahi mahi, i'm just not in the mood for more jacks or barracuda......with any luck i'll be posting some pics tomorrow afternoon. went reef fishing last week and caught my 1st bonefish ever

Haeder

South Dakota
Going fishing tomorrow. Three days on the water. Looking forward to catching some walleyes and smallmouth bass.

THE FEZ MAN

went two days this week, tuedsay and Wednesday morning, driving on the beach is awesome, might go back friday into saturday.

taken about 7am on the OSV at assitigue island md, now i didn't catch a fucking thing, but being mostly alone on the beach was really really nice, i have no issues with getting there at dawn, i actually prefer it. once people start to show up around 11, i pack up my shit and leave. the bitch is the NPS is closing with beach less than a mile in (the us government seems to insist on using the fucking metric system, so it was closed at 18.3km, drive on starts at 16km) because of the "piping plover" bird nesting
when the beach is fully open its about 13 miles of drive on beach. what is fucked up is they are still allowing 145 cars on the beach.
the OSV community is furious about that, the fucking tree huggers closing the beach at will for a bird that insists on laying its eggs in the sand, ummm, thats darwin at work people. actually if the bird huggers had there choice they would close the entire park. but i digress...

Haeder

South Dakota
Great weather. Average fishing. Time with my brothers. Happy day.

Haeder

South Dakota
Up early. Done early. Limits of walleyes for the three in our boat in two hours. They were not big but they will be tasty. Pulled in a nice catfish too.

gleet

What's black and white and red all over?
I want to fish SD sometime. Let's say I have heard some things...

Haeder

South Dakota
Hammered the catfish from shore tonight. This one was 7 pounds.

THE FEZ MAN

didn't get to go down to OCMD this weekend, i offered to take the mother in law back home, but the sister in law took her straight from atlantic city. quite frankly i was shocked but, I'm not complaining, when i went down last week it worked out perfect, i left pa around 5:30 am and got down to assitigue around 8:30 fished till noon if i was ambitious i would have went back to the beach in the afternoon but i decided to drink instead. now i just need to catch some fish. the plovers are supposed to fledge around the middle of august opening up the rest of the beach

Haeder

South Dakota
Been releasing walleye for an hour and a half while the other boat works on their limits. We've been offering to let them reel in some of ours but they insist on not catching fish by themselves.

Shootr

OOHHH, GNARLY!!!
Donator
Damn, thought I'd finally get to participate in this thread...

Lovely southern California...

THE FEZ MAN

Damn, thought I'd finally get to participate in this thread...

Lovely southern California...
is that a pond? or a river.... and why no eat fish? pollution? or tree huggers?
I'm just curious, i fish the catch and release creek all the time. i rarely ever eat the fish i catch

Shootr

OOHHH, GNARLY!!!
Donator
Was a pond I guess, in my son's neighborhood, saw it while out for a walk.

Packing up to head down to the lower Illinois River and Tenkiller Lake her in Oklahoma. They stock the LI with trout and Tenkiller is home to multiple state record Stripers and Largemouth. Hopefully be posting some pics after the weekend. Or I will just drink beer and sweat my balls off.

Haeder

South Dakota
Somewhat fishing related.

Dad passed away in April. I inherited his boat - a 1992 Alumacraft Dominator. It's 16' 6" of nautical neglect and rotting wood that sits on a well built hull. Planning to restore it to seaworthy shape, use it for a few months of fishing and sell it off.

First step in the restoration process - demolition. The boat was originally set up as with a tiller outboard. The guy that sold it to my dad had a console built and a different outboard installed and you can see what's left of the framework of the cobbled-together console in this picture.

The entire floor was rotted and the wood that remained crumbled when removed. It appears to be 1/2" plywood but it's in such bad shape that measuring thickness of the crap that comes out isn't possible. What a damn mess. Finished tearing out the rotten lumber yesterday.

A little cleaning remains before installing the replacement flooring begins. I'll be using 1/2" marine plywood covered with marine carpet for replacement materials and the new floor will be reattached with 1 1/2" stainless steel screws.

Destroyed a sheet of 1/2" particle board yesterday while trying to figure out how to best sequence the replacement flooring pieces. This completely revised my plans and probably saved me a lot of angry sonsabitching at myself.

Haeder

South Dakota
Very hurtful sir. Also very true.

How nobody fell through the non-foamed portion of the floor of that boat escapes me.