Not open for further replies.

Ballbuster1

In The Danger Zone...
Wackbag Staff
Seems like we end up having other types of racing
get discussed during the year so we might as well
just have this as a catch all thread.

1st up to start the racing season... The Rolex 24 Hours of Daytona

This year’s Rolex 24 at Daytona TV coverage will be split on FOX Sports 1 and FOX Sports 2 for the majority of the race, with streaming on FOX Sports Go for the entire 24 hours.

On Saturday, January 30, TV coverage starts on FS1 at 2 p.m. ET and runs until 4 p.m. ET. Coverage shifts to FS2 from 4 to 10 p.m. ET.

Following the overnight portion, coverage picks up Sunday morning on FS1 from 7 to 9 a.m. ET and 12 to 3 p.m. ET.

IMSA announced a revised commentary team over the weekend, with Greg Creamer and Calvin Fish in the booth and Brian Till and Justin Bell on pit lane.

Ballbuster1

In The Danger Zone...
Wackbag Staff
DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. -- Driving a brand new Prototype developed and built in his native Russia, IndyCar driver Mikhail Aleshin won the top starting spot for the Rolex 24 at Daytona -- with the ninth fastest time of Friday’s qualifying sessions at the 3.56-mile Daytona International Speedway road course.

Englishman Nick Tandy had the afternoon's fastest lap, leading a Porsche sweep of the top two starting spots in the highly competitive GTLM Class, touring the course in 2:01.408 (105.561 mph) and edging fellow Porsche North America team car driver Frederic Makowiecki for the top starting spot in the prestigious endurance race, which starts at 2:40 p.m. ET on Saturday (on FS1).

On a rain-drenched afternoon at the Birthplace of Speed, Tandy posted his lap on Michelin tires before conditions deteriorated even further. Accordingly, the GTLM cars were appreciably faster than the Prototype and Prototype Challenge entries.

Luis Filipe Derani was the second fastest qualifier in Prototypes, with Oswaldi Negri third in the No. 60 Honda-powered Ligier JS P2. Negri is teaming with NASCAR Sprint Cup driver AJ Allmendinger, John Pew and Olivier Pla. All but Pla were part of the 2012 overall winning team, which also included the late Justin Wilson.

The defending Rolex 24 winners -- NASCAR drivers Jamie McMurray and Kyle Larson and IndyCar stars Scott Dixon and Tony Kanaan -- had an adventurous qualifying session that included an off-course excursion at the entrance to Turn 1.

With Dixon behind the wheel, the No. 02 Ford Chip Ganassi Racing entry was seventh fastest among the Prototypes and 32nd overall.

Johnny Mowlem led the PC Class with a time of 2:05.708 (101.951 mph). NASCAR XFINITY Series driver Brendan Gaughan was a late addition to the No. 20 ORECA FLM09/Chevrolet team, which also includes Tomy Drissi, Marc Drumwright and Ricardo Vera.

Mowlem's ORECA FLM 09 was eighth overall and, surprisingly, faster than any of the entries in the Prototype Class.

I love that new Nascar/motorsports thread smell! Stupid Fox. I don't have FS2. Comcast doesn't even offer it. Hopefully I have access to Fox Sports Go. Gonna have to check that out.

Oh good. First race of the year and its already being run into by a fucking college basketball game. I fucking hate Fox.

Ballbuster1

In The Danger Zone...
Wackbag Staff
That Ford GT is a sweet looking car.

Engines fired and rolling off pit road!

Ballbuster1

In The Danger Zone...
Wackbag Staff
Dude... it's a 24 hour race. Relax.

Locking up the brakes on the 1st lap isn't recommended.

Ballbuster1

In The Danger Zone...
Wackbag Staff
If your car breaks down in the 1st 30 minutes of a
24 hour race you might not have a good time.

If your car breaks down in the 1st 30 minutes of a
24 hour race you might not have a good time.
Haha. I was just thinking the same thing. What a fucking bummer. Whole weekend COULD be shot depending on how long the fix takes and the amount of attrition the rest of the race.

Just posted the thread for the Yahoo Fantasy Racing league I run every year in the fantasy section for anyone who is interested.

Race on the computer now. Flipped over to Barrett Jackson Scottsdale while I can actually watch it on a channel I get. (Discovery)

Ballbuster1

In The Danger Zone...
Wackbag Staff
I get FS2 so I flipped to it.

Going out in a couple of hours so I'll set the DVR
for the last couple of hours they broadcast today.

I get FS2 so I flipped to it.

Going out in a couple of hours so I'll set the DVR
for the last couple of hours they broadcast today.
Comcast doesn't even offer it but at least I have access to Fox Sports Go.

Ballbuster1

In The Danger Zone...
Wackbag Staff
It's even HD this year. When they 1st made FS2
it was only in SD. Too bad they don't do flag to flag
like the old Speed TV did.

It's even HD this year. When they 1st made FS2
it was only in SD. Too bad they don't do flag to flag
like the old Speed TV did.
Of course not. They have to show some Div 3 college fucking basketball game that only people who go to the school give a shit about. (And even thats debatable.)

Afternoon fellas. Last hour 15 of Daytona 24 on FS1 now.

maz

TRueWDTer
Watched some of it last night and today
I dunno
It doesn't hold my interest for long
I'd rather watch a Nascar race

I dunno
Oh yeah. Nascar is definitely my favorite but I like watching Daytona 24. The end here has been pretty exciting with the two team Corvette cars 1-2 in class battling for the win.

Ballbuster1

In The Danger Zone...
Wackbag Staff
I'm catching up. Still on last night's coverage.
Love the night racing portion of the race.

IMSA really fucked up not throwing a caution when
one of the cars stalled in turn 1. One of the DeltaWings
ran right into the back of it even though they had a local
caution. Should have pulled a full field caution.

Ballbuster1

In The Danger Zone...
Wackbag Staff
Aw shit, Jamie Mac got too anxious on a restart
and spun the 02. Right to the back of the field.

I dunno
Oh yeah. Nascar is definitely my favorite but I like watching Daytona 24. The end here has been pretty exciting with the two team Corvette cars 1-2 in class battling for the win.
I'm catching up. Still on last night's coverage.
Love the night racing portion of the race.

IMSA really fucked up not throwing a caution when
one of the cars stalled in turn 1. One of the DeltaWings
ran right into the back of it even though they had a local
caution. Should have pulled a full field caution.
I've heard it both ways. Should have been a full course/Deltawing (Fucking Turd) should have not ignored the local caution. Everyone else managed to slow down and avoid.

I'm sure I'm being harder on them because I can't stand the Deltawing. Its ugly. Up until this year the car has been dogshit. And they still find a way to fuck it up when they have a good car. Fuck'em.

Status
Not open for further replies.