OpieRadio Logo
Anthony Cumia Show Logo
Jim Norton Logo

2017 WWE thread about wrestling and things

Discussion in 'Wrestling' started by Papagolash, Jan 5, 2017.

1. JonBenetRamsey

JonBenetRamsey well shit the bed

The chase is just the fye without the head shit.

2. Neckbeard

Neckbeard I'm Team Piggy!

Somebody brought this up, but lets think about it...

Why aren't the Singh Brothers banned from ringside? There is a long precedent for frequent interferers for being banned from ringside and for a wrestler to lose by default and possibly even stripped of his or her title if the people show up at ring side.

So, why aren't the Singh Brothers banned from WWE events? Lets look at the history. First off, before you can be champion you have to be the contender, so how did Jinder Mahal even become Number 1 Contender? He won a Six Man contendership match...after The Singh Brothers interfered. How did he beat Randy Orton to become champion? Easy, the Singh brothers interfered like crazy! How did he retain in the rematch? Further Singh Brothers interference. At Battleground, Jinder Mahal went over Randy Orton again after rampant interference from the Singh Brothers. At SummerSlam, the Singh Brothers interfered AGAIN and cost Shinsuke Nakamara the championship. Jinder Mahal did not get his title shot cleanly and the Singh Brothers have flagrantly cheated in every title defense.

Shane McMahon and Daniel Bryan should say, "Enough is enough. The Singh Brothers are the only reason you became and remained the champion. If the Singh Brothers interfere in any of your matches, not just title defenses, but in any match, you will be stripped of the belt, lose your rematch clause and be booked to work so many dark matches that you go blind like a cave fish."

3. ScottFromGA

ScottFromGA I cum into socks.

#WWELogic

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Neckbeard likes this.
  4. JonBenetRamsey

India push.
    Look at James Ellsworth. He got a 30 day ban.

Neckbeard likes this.
  5. Yesterdays Hero

Yesterdays Hero She's better than you, Smirkalicious.

Jinder is the top because of some nonsensical notion that having an Indian Champion when trying to get more viewership in India is a good plan. Hasn't done much.

Neckbeard likes this.
  6. Voodoo Ben

Voodoo Ben Tanaka Thai Kick!

I have a feeling as soon as he loses the championship he'll fizzle out quick and slide down the card.

Neckbeard likes this.
  7. Lord Zero

Lord Zero Viciously Silly

That and he reappeared on WWE's radar suddenly in position of the kind of big, veiny HGH muscles that Vince loves.

Personally, I can't take Jinder seriously because whenever he scowls menacingly, he looks like his eyes are just about to cross. They're not, but there's something about his face that makes it seem like they are. He looks like he should be screaming, "Nerrrrds!"

Neckbeard likes this.
  8. Faggy

Faggy #TeamHitlerIMeanLemmy
    Donator

You mean, it didn't work for Mexico when Alberto Del Rio interrupted CM Punk's glorious reign in 2011?

Lord Zero and Neckbeard like this.
  9. Neckbeard

The dirt sheet guys like Dave Meltzer and Bryan Alvarez say WWE Network subscriptions in India have DECLINED since Jinder Mahal became champ. So he's been totally pointless.

If they wanted to get him over in India, he should have been booked as a babyface.

10. Yesterdays Hero

Yesterdays Hero She's better than you, Smirkalicious.

He has the same scowl as one that suspects one of his Henchmen of dropping ass beside him but not saying anything.

Those were the days...

Neckbeard and Lord Zero like this.
  11. Neckbeard

Jesus fucking Christ. Bryan Alvarez says the company is gonna keep Jinder Mahal the champ for another SEVEN MONTHS and maybe won't even have him drop it at Wrestlemania. Oh my fucking God why.

Some people are saying If Jinder drops it at WM, the plan is for John Cena to win it to break Ric Flair's 16 heavyweight championship record. Cena might win the Rumble to set the match up. Because if anybody needs a rub its the 41 year old part timer who has already won two Rumbles and almost thirty championship matches in the company. FFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!

12. mikeybot

mikeybot SPANAKOPITA!!!

That's going to be a lot of loud booing (Rumble is in Philly)

Lord Zero and Neckbeard like this.
  13. Faggy

Donator

I don't believe that, but then again who really cares about Smackdown.

Neckbeard likes this.
  14. rallybri

rallybri Registered User

I actually don't care about who wears what belt at this point. So long as there are some decent matches and storylines on any given show or PPV, I'll watch. The belts have been so watered down that I really couldn't care less about the wearer(s).

Neckbeard likes this.
  15. Lord Zero

I'm glad you mentioned that, because I've noticed WWE's PPV "travel schedule" contracting. Next year's Royal Rumble is going back to Philly, WrestleMania is going to be in the Superdome in New Oleans again, and I think Backlash is being held in Chicago again. It's really annoying.

Neckbeard likes this.
  16. mikeybot

mikeybot SPANAKOPITA!!!

Well, points to Vince for coming back for the first time in a while just to let KO beat him up

Neckbeard and Jimmy's Dignity like this.
  17. Biff Hardslab

Biff Hardslab I have the t-shirt

Watching the Mae Young Classic final. Shayna Baszler is a fucking mutt.

Neckbeard likes this.
  18. Reaper G

Reaper G POW# 126

I was at the Smackdown/MYC/205 show last night.

First, I'm glad WWE returned to the Thomas & Mack Center, as the T-Mobile Arena is more expensive even without the obscene surcharges.

Strong Smackdown episode. New Day-Usos was an awesome brawl. Owens was his surly asshole self and Vince will do what it takes for his product, even if he's getting his ass kicked in his 70s.

I had no idea the Mae Young Classic would be that night. This felt like an event, with WWE women wrestlers past and present at ringside, and the big trophy presentation at the end. Good for Kairi Sane, she deserves it.

205 Live was decent, though I don't really follow it since I don't have the Network. Nice wrestling which some kids thought was boring, and a hilarious Drew Gulak-Fashion Police segment.

Dark main event was Orton & Nakamura vs. Mahal & Corbin. That was okay, tiring after three and a half hours.

Neckbeard and mikeybot like this.
  19. Lord Zero

Just rewatched two of my favorite UpUpDownDown videos. Just thought I'd share, because they're great.

Neckbeard likes this.
  20. Faggy

Donator

The cruiserweight division has never and will never really work in WWE. Having cruiserweights is fine, but as an actual division where there's meant to be a title for them to vie for, it's just a bore. WCW got it right.

Guys like Rey Mysterio - who were legitimately great in most facets - really spoiled the big audiences with their talent, and now their expectations aren't met. The women's division has a way bigger upside nowadays, and that's saying something.

Neckbeard likes this.
  21. Jimmy's Dignity

Jimmy's Dignity Pound my bloody fudge!!
    Staff Member Wackbag Staff

Going back to Jinder for a second...WWE has a tour of India coming up in December. I'm expecting him to keep the title until at least then and wind up losing it to Nakamura at the Rumble. Where AJ will win the Rumble itself, setting up the Wrestlemania match we've all wanted to see since Nak signed with WWE

Neckbeard and rallybri like this.
  22. JonBenetRamsey

That's Luke Gallows' thing.

Neckbeard and Jimmy's Dignity like this.
  23. Neckbeard

I don't think Styles will win the Rumble. I think Roman Reigns will win it to set up Reigns/Lesnar in the WM main event for the title. Reigns goes over clean and "retires" Brock Lesnar. I hope people throw garbage in the ring.

Lord Zero likes this.
  24. Lord Zero

Where the fuck have Breezango been the last two weeks? They had a brief cameo appearance on 205 Live last week and that was it. By the way, I think it's safe to say that WWE's writing and booking committee has no clue who's been attacking their office for the past few months.

#274 Lord Zero, Sep 20, 2017 at 2:10 PM
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2017 at 2:19 PM
    Neckbeard likes this.
  25. Jimmy's Dignity

Jimmy's Dignity Pound my bloody fudge!!
    Staff Member Wackbag Staff

Fixed that for you

Neckbeard likes this.